#1 2009-01-20 09:08:16

As a DC Suburbian, I am:

1) working
2) staying as far away from DC as possible
3) masturbating later in celebration
4) getting pants-shitting drunk around 3pm

How are you celebrating this momentous occasion???

Last edited by sofaking (2009-01-20 12:12:25)

#2 2009-01-20 09:21:44

I don't know... but I have a request. 

Can we please, as of noon today, eliminate *ALL* the Bush sidebars, headers, and every other vestige of this asshole?  I really do want to pretend it just never happened.

#3 2009-01-20 09:45:44

whosasailorthen wrote:

Can we please, as of noon today, eliminate *ALL* the Bush sidebars, headers, and every other vestige of this asshole?  I really do want to pretend it just never happened.

A voice of reason. Thank you.

#4 2009-01-20 10:59:56

sic

choad wrote:

whosasailorthen wrote:

A voice of reason. Thank you.

I'd rather have a reminder to keep the vigilence up as to never let something like this ever happen again.  (insert your own "crying eagle/never again" photo here)

#5 2009-01-20 11:20:45

Ya know, I just wanna say

Holy Crap!

#6 2009-01-20 11:29:10

A momentus crap!

#7 2009-01-20 11:48:36

fun fact: The entire ceremony seems to be designed to humiliate George Bush

#8 2009-01-20 12:05:57

Free at last, free at last...

Thank God Almighty!

Free at last.

http://americas-best.com/graphics/pics_dreamsicle.jpg

(Now, if he can only figure out how to leave gracefully...)
http://www.evworld.com/press/bush_beijingdoor.jpg

#9 2009-01-20 12:06:21

Ok, Sofie, you can celebrate now

#10 2009-01-20 12:09:59

orangeplus wrote:

Ok, Sofie, you can celebrate now

Been celebrating, Baby.

*tokes*

#11 2009-01-20 12:11:02

damn, it's nice to have a president who speaks english.

#12 2009-01-20 12:11:33

orangeplus wrote:

fun fact: The entire ceremony seems to be designed to humiliate George Bush

As it should be.

#13 2009-01-20 12:13:36

And in T minus 1 hour, I'm off for food designed by the brother of the president of Afghanistan, followed by drinks.

Bonus points if you can figure out where I'm eating...

#14 2009-01-20 12:15:58

orangeplus wrote:

damn, it's nice to have a president who speaks english.

Nucular is a word.

Last edited by sofaking (2009-01-20 12:23:44)

#15 2009-01-20 12:21:57

Roger_That wrote:

And in T minus 1 hour, I'm off for food designed by the brother of the president of Afghanistan, followed by drinks.

Baltimore

#16 2009-01-20 12:23:12

I'm going to go outside and wait for the heavens to open up and rain manna (and money) down upon us, my kids & I will go down to the river to watch the honey flow by and later I'll log onto my bank account and watch the balance steadily increase.

#17 2009-01-20 12:27:06

people like you what cause inflation

#18 2009-01-20 12:27:19

Can we talk about Michelle's weird outfit? I love the color but it looks like she's wearing a paper bag. A long one. And come on, cream colored panty hose? Sister, those better be stockings attached by a pretty garter or she should say hello, angie dickinson! for the rest of his white house stay...

#19 2009-01-20 12:31:11

Yeah, no shit, Baltimore.   I was talking, more specifically, the name of the restaurant.

I'm with Emmeran.  I'm waiting for the heavens to open up and rain down some money and other saviour-isms.

#20 2009-01-20 12:33:11

icangetyouatoe wrote:

Can we talk about Michelle's weird outfit? I love the color but it looks like she's wearing a paper bag. A long one. And come on, cream colored panty hose? Sister, those better be stockings attached by a pretty garter or she should say hello, angie dickinson! for the rest of his white house stay...

Mr. Sofie hated on her outfit before he left.

She looks glittery.

#21 2009-01-20 12:37:41

It seems inauguration outfits are almost always ugly.  Unless your name is Jackie O.

#22 2009-01-20 12:47:36

The wife said if the new Dude in Charge carries through on the majority of his promises, she'll finally take dual nationality.

Nice hiccup on the oath btw

#23 2009-01-20 12:48:30

Like on election night, Berkeley is collectively wetting itself.  The fuckers cancelled my 7:30am yoga.

#24 2009-01-20 12:49:24

meet the new boss:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/

(WH IT is on the ball)

#25 2009-01-20 12:52:44

Sorry I'm late to the party.  I was busy sitting on my couch and crying my eyes out.  I watched on C-SPAN 'cause all the other networks' commentators made me want to kill them.

I agree the First Lady (SHE'S FIRST LADY NOW!  HA!)'s outfit looked a little weird, but the color was to ensure that she stood out in the crowd (which is more or less traditional) and the style was sorta sober and matronly, as befits the occasion.  The First Lady's outfit is a bit of trivia, really, in the panoramic spectacle of an inauguration, but it is a detail that a lot of people fixate on.  Expect a lot of commentary on her sartorial choice for the rest of the week.

The girls looked absolutely darling.

Wotta speech, huh?

#26 2009-01-20 13:17:09

You all are really drinking in the Kool Aid here.

#27 2009-01-20 13:29:19

Roger_That wrote:

What was true more than 40 years ago is true today - the Kool Aid makes the party.

#28 2009-01-20 13:34:44

Roger_That wrote:

I disagree.  This will be looked upon as our country’s Restoration, the day when our traditional political system was put back in place after an unfortunate eight year interruption.  Obama isn’t the person I would have chosen to be the face of our Restoration, but I was happy to see him sworn in to begin the process of healing our nation.

#29 2009-01-20 13:41:55

fnord wrote:

Roger_That wrote:

I disagree.  This will be looked upon as our country’s Restoration, the day when our traditional political system was put back in place after an unfortunate eight year interruption.  Obama isn’t the person I would have chosen to be the face of our Restoration, but I was happy to see him sworn in to begin the process of healing our nation.

You disappoint fnord.  I was hoping to see you say "the Iniggeration."

Last edited by Scotty (2009-01-20 13:42:27)

#30 2009-01-20 14:06:03

Is there an assassination pool here yet?  "Grassy knoll" is already an ice cream flavor in Pennsyltucky.

#31 2009-01-20 14:08:34

What was with CNN and the "Peaceful change of government" theme?  Did I miss a Coup or rebellion here lately??

#32 2009-01-20 14:16:11

Fled wrote:

Roger_That wrote:

What was true more than 40 years ago is true today - the Kool Aid makes the party.

I think it is time to have a re-innaugeration:  Acid Test Parties.  Now we're talking Kool-Aid!

#33 2009-01-20 14:27:18

Scotty wrote:

You disappoint fnord.  I was hoping to see you say "the Iniggeration."

I am pragmatic about what needs to be done by our political class.  Barrack is a token.  The idea that one is part of a permanent underclass based on skin color is an idea that can’t be allowed to be an obvious truth.  Barrack will be pointed to for years to come as a refutation of this clearly observable fact. 

Bush’s presidency was an illegitimate seizure of power brought about by subversion of the electoral process, first in Florida and then in Ohio.  The handing of the presidency to him by the Supreme Court was a violation of our laws and customs.  His ouster from office does represent a return to our normal way of doing business, comparable to the restoration of monarchy in England after Cromwell’s usurpation of power.  Putting in a Black token who will be controlled by the White power structure kills two birds with one stone.

#34 2009-01-20 14:29:18

Re drinking the Kool-Aid....

I can't say I'm a fan of Obama, but Bush was an utterfuckingdisasterinasuit, so I'm glad to see the change - ANY change - from that.  But although I may differ greatly from Obama's previously stated policies, I suppose I'm optimistic for a few reasons:

1 - Nobody, and I mean *NOBODY* in the world can henceforth call us a 'racist country'.  Done, over. (Yeah, I know there's still plenty of racists living here, as there are in every country, but as a matter of policy and process, that slave ship has sailed away).

2 - Obama cannot govern from the left - it's been tried before and Carter died a horrible and deserving death because he did.  Obama knows he has to govern from the center, and indeed he's already begun doing just that, much to the chagrin of the more leftist Democrats.  All of his fancy speeches and such were just that - speeches to get elected, and he knew it.  Now that he's in, the flat-end of the shovel of reality will hit him squarely in the face and he will realize what Clinton, Bush (I & II) and all the other presidents have known - being President is just a whole lot more complicated than it looks from the outside and being more conservative is the best way to approach it.

3 - Bush can't fuck up/us anymore.

4 - For at least the next few months I can travel to Europe and the Europeans won't piss on my shoes or spit in my food.

#35 2009-01-20 14:59:57

whosasailorthen wrote:

1 - Nobody, and I mean *NOBODY* in the world can henceforth call us a 'racist country'.  Done, over. (Yeah, I know there's still plenty of racists living here, as there are in every country, but as a matter of policy and process, that slave ship has sailed away).

Nobody could call us racist before - we have been the worlds least racist country for a couple of decade's now.

#36 2009-01-20 15:27:48

I won a bet with a friend of mine, made in January of the year 2000, on whether or not Bush would survive his Presidency. 

Of course, the dollars I won are not the same dollars we bet.

More topically, I am celebrating by grilling cheeseburgers in sub-freezing weather and drinking dark American beer (Great Divide brewing co's Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout).  Dark beer for a dark President, that's what I say.

Last edited by jesusluvspegging (2009-01-20 15:30:09)

#37 2009-01-20 15:27:57

Emmeran wrote:

whosasailorthen wrote:

Nobody could call us racist before - we have been the worlds least racist country for a couple of decade's now.

Going by my own travel experiences, I have to say Em is right about this, sad though it may be.

#38 2009-01-20 15:30:50

Emmeran wrote:

whosasailorthen wrote:

That's like saying you can't call Death Valley in the summertime "hot" because the sun is so much hotter.

#39 2009-01-20 15:38:11

jesusluvspegging wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

whosasailorthen wrote:

That's like saying you can't call Death Valley in the summertime "hot" because the sun is so much hotter.

What the hell did you smoke this morning???

#40 2009-01-20 15:39:37

Emmeran wrote:

jesusluvspegging wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

What the hell did you smoke this morning???

It does sound a bit poetic.

#41 2009-01-20 15:54:44

George Orr wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

whosasailorthen wrote:

Going by my own travel experiences, I have to say Em is right about this, sad though it may be.

I agree - hell, look how the Germans treat the Turks or how the Czechs treat the Romanys - but that never stopped the rest of the world from beating us with the racist stick.  Bigtime.  But that, my friends, is over... and now we can rightfully beat them with it.

#42 2009-01-20 16:12:29

icangetyouatoe wrote:

Yeah, that's a pretty stinko outfit - it looks like she's wearing the drapes from the Scranton Ramada Inn.  Having said that, I expect like her hubby, she's wearing bullet-proof Kevlar under all of that, so that makes for a bit of a fashion challenge.

#43 2009-01-20 16:13:46

icangetyouatoe wrote:

I'm so glad in not the only one who thinks her style sucks ass. She was wearing GREEN SHOES.  What the hell was she thinking?  I know they matched (sorta) the gloves, but could she try to draw a little less attention to herself?  Let the man have his day!

#44 2009-01-20 16:19:54

whosasailorthen wrote:

but that never stopped the rest of the world from beating us with the racist stick.  Bigtime.  But that, my friends, is over... and now we can rightfully beat them with it.

I actually think we beat ourselves with that stick much more than anybody else beat us, and the happy outcome of our airing of our dirty laundry is a much less racist society.

Last edited by Emmeran (2009-01-20 16:20:20)

#45 2009-01-20 16:21:04

Emmeran wrote:

whosasailorthen wrote:

but that never stopped the rest of the world from beating us with the racist stick.  Bigtime.  But that, my friends, is over... and now we can rightfully beat them with it.

I actually think we beat ourselves with that stick much more than anybody else beat us, and the happy outcome of our airing of our dirty laundry is a much less racist society.

Which is good because Brazil has always maintained that racism doesn't exist there, but anyone who's been there can attest otherwise.

#46 2009-01-20 16:39:46

I'm really glad my Kool Aid comment shook some of you idiots up.

Just because I think a lot of you are chugging Kool Aid, doesn't mean I'm not GLAD to see Bush go.

Dig?

#47 2009-01-20 16:39:46

Come on Michelle looks fine.  Just imagine the little surprises she is wearing underneath for when they get to use the top of the Oval Office Desk tonight?

#48 2009-01-20 17:05:53

Roger_That wrote:

Kali's Court, Amer's Cafe or The Helmand?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it monumental occasion and not momentous?

Last edited by Bigcat (2009-01-20 17:13:53)

#49 2009-01-20 17:23:42

Monumental, Momentous, whatever.

And Helmand.

#50 2009-01-20 17:29:30

HA!  The bonus points are MINE!!!!

Board footer

cruelery.com