#1 2007-10-30 13:21:28

kim

I really want to walk out of this place right now.

I know, not cruel related but fuck - it's driving me crazy!

#2 2007-10-30 13:28:50

Do it. Who needs work?

Get up, walk out, and use the remaining time left before your internets go off due to not paying the bill to research Freeganism.

#3 2007-10-30 13:30:55

kim

Good idea! I know Trader Joe's throws out TONS of perfectly good food everyday!
Who needs hot water and power anyway.

#4 2007-10-30 13:31:58

sofaking wrote:

Do it. Who needs work?

Get up, walk out, and use the remaining time left before your internets go off due to not paying the bill to research Freeganism.

Urban outdoorsmen have their own lobby?  WTF?

Last edited by scsotdc (2007-10-30 13:32:12)

#5 2007-10-30 13:34:38

kim wrote:

Good idea! I know Trader Joe's throws out TONS of perfectly good food everyday!
Who needs hot water and power anyway.

Cold water tones the skin, and electricity is for pussies.

#6 2007-10-30 13:39:05

scsotdc wrote:

sofaking wrote:

Do it. Who needs work?

Urban outdoorsmen have their own lobby?  WTF?

It's more of a hippie thing they do to prove that they can live "off the land". Or so they can afford pot.

*cues Scotty's hippie rant*

And Kim, I hope you realize I'm just trying to make you laugh, right? I'm such a materialist, my hippie brother calls me "Princess".

Money, guilt, and schadenfreude are what makes the world go 'round.

Just fuck off on their time. That'll show 'em.

#8 2007-10-30 13:50:16

kim

Yeah I know, and I am laughing. I am just sitting here at my desk silently going crazy. I know you guys fucking know what I mean so I had to post it. I also know how fucking annoying that is.

Either way this business and the people involved - I can't stand it any longer!

#9 2007-10-30 14:00:55

Amen, amen, brother Orangina.

Praise be to Bob.

#10 2007-10-30 14:01:53

kim wrote:

Yeah I know, and I am laughing. I am just sitting here at my desk silently going crazy. I know you guys fucking know what I mean so I had to post it. I also know how fucking annoying that is.

What business?

If you don't mind me asking...

#11 2007-10-30 14:06:17

sic

kim wrote:

Alright...I'll bite...What business sucks

http://i16.tinypic.com/4zx45zn.jpg

Editing to acknowledge that Soph was on the ball and asking the hard hitting questions...

Last edited by sic (2007-10-30 14:08:01)

#12 2007-10-30 14:08:49

kim

I work in Risk Management for bankcard processing. So ID thefts and all that fun shit. It's a great position and money is good and all that, but so much bullshit comes with it at the same time.

The worst part is is that this is true for almost every job. I think I am just being an asshole about it really.

#13 2007-10-30 14:14:28

kim wrote:

I really want to walk out of this place right now.

I offer you my "Plan B" (which fortunately or unfortunately, I haven't had to execute yet for more than a month or two):

Look for any of the number of Sail Training Vessels/educational sail vessels anywhere in the world.  Apply to be cook or deckhand.  Minimal to no experience necessary.  Willing to work for almost nothing?  Well that's what you'll get monetarily.  But you can sail the high seas, see new places, and have free room and board for as long as you're employed.  Yes, the 'board' is on the boat.  No office necessary, and your work clothes can be as ratty and dirty as you like for the most part.

Not for the faint of heart, or the seasick...

#14 2007-10-30 14:20:08

kim

That sounds like a "great place to work" if you ask me! Great incentives, no dress-code, and possible room for growth!

I'm fucked.

#15 2007-10-30 14:21:46

kim wrote:

So ID thefts and all that fun shit.

OK, so what percentage of card holders call in to report fraudulent activity that was really their own doing? Do your bosses actually encourage you to find ways to keep people in debt? Have most major imprints deliberately taken advantage of new bankruptcy laws to extend credit lines to formerly high-risk individuals?

Not cruel, but may keep you distracted and provide an opportunity to vent.

#16 2007-10-30 14:33:19

kim wrote:

That sounds like a "great place to work" if you ask me! Great incentives, no dress-code, and possible room for growth!

I'm fucked.

Bwahaha.  Depends on how much you like sailing and lack of responsibilities.   

So while being a deckhand may leave you stinky, short on cash, and unmotivated - the upside is you can be drunk on the job almost constantly (for free) and never have to see an office...

Depends on what you want in life I guess.

#17 2007-10-30 14:39:03

kim wrote:

The worst part is is that this is true for almost every job. I think I am just being an asshole about it really.

We're all assholes. Just use it to your advantage!

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/9760/giveuprh4.jpg

#18 2007-10-30 14:39:11

kim

pALEPHx wrote:

OK, so what percentage of card holders call in to report fraudulent activity that was really their own doing? Do your bosses actually encourage you to find ways to keep people in debt? Have most major imprints deliberately taken advantage of new bankruptcy laws to extend credit lines to formerly high-risk individuals?

Not cruel, but may keep you distracted and provide an opportunity to vent.

Its fraud on the merchant side, not the bank side. The main type of fraud that I deal with from that end is ID theft accounts that people set up in order to obtain terminals to run fraud transactions. There are many ways of doing this of course. Some are fairly easy. A large portion of this type of fraud comes from terrorist activity as well as involvement with the mafia. Thats always fun. Secret Service gets involved a lot as well.

No the shitty parts of the job is when we are holding money from merchants and they aren't too happy with it and I have to explain to them why we will be holding thousands of dollars from them for 180 days or more. Its always a great conversation. Especially when they cry or can't pay their employees. How do I sleep at night?

#19 2007-10-30 14:52:15

Since when did we start coddling trolls?

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/706109/2/istockphoto_706109_jump_the_shark_sign.jpg

#20 2007-10-30 12:59:10

kim wrote:

How do I sleep at night?

You sleep at night because you did your job and you have a roof over your head. 

In every exchange someone (or both parties) is getting fucked.  Case in point, I represent a bank.  They made a car loan.  The chick who purchased the car decided she wasn't going to pay (either because she lost or job or quit, the reason is irrelevant).  The bank reposessed the car and sold it.  I went after her for the balance.  The chick went to legal aid and got an attorney who made a jury demand and filed a counterclaim for consumer fraud.  Legal Aid knows it's not worth the bank's time to pay legal fees for a jury trial on a $7000 debt.  We decide to dismiss our case.  The bank doesn't get paid, and Legal Aid basically kept some chick from living up to her responsibilities.  Of course, I got paid for my time.  Do I feel guilty?  Fuck no.  That's just the way the system works.

Now think about it...Legal Aid is supposed to be the good guy in this situation.  By helping a deadbeat avoid a debt, how is that serving the interest of justice for the poor?  They sleep at night just fine.  You should too.

#21 2007-10-30 15:00:12

(shhhh, we're trying to talk her into quiting her job, then we can laugh at her for being a broke homeless sheep)

#22 2007-10-30 15:01:01

scsotdc wrote:

Since when did we start coddling trolls?]

It's a kinder, gentler cruel.  Besides, she/he/it hasn't really done anything to incur a thorough bashing.

#23 2007-10-30 15:04:32

headkicker_girl wrote:

It's a kinder, gentler cruel.  Besides, she/he/it hasn't really done anything to incur a thorough bashing.

Possibly true, I just relish the gauntlet one would have to run on Cruel.  And I dislike people who don't respect tradition.

Kim?  Tits.

#24 2007-10-30 15:05:06

kim

I really think I am just not going to come in tomorrow and that will be that.

Anyway, scsotdc couldn't be more fucking right.

#25 2007-10-30 15:08:32

kim wrote:

I have to explain to them why we will be holding thousands of dollars from them for 180 days or more. Its always a great conversation. Especially when they cry or can't pay their employees. How do I sleep at night?

Who's a Bad Bitch? You's a Bad Bitch!

I've done a lot worse, and I sleep FANTASTIC!

Even the seemingly worry-free of us have to somehow prostitute our souls somewhere along the line.

#26 2007-10-30 15:10:09

Fantastic - if I'd known you people enjoyed airing each other's incredibly banal personal problems I'd have told you about my irritable bowel syndrome ages ago.
Also, my shit looks like this:
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff314/wilbercuntlicker/dinner.jpg

#27 2007-10-30 15:12:26

META????????????????????????????????????

#28 2007-10-30 15:18:32

I have an idea.  Perhaps Kimmie (yes, talking about you in the third person) can whore herself out to people in whatever godforsaken shithole city she lives in, but has to pay High-Street a commission, hence allowing all of us to live out our dreams to be pimps - collective pimps at that.

#29 2007-10-30 15:23:29

Fistery wrote:

I have an idea.  Perhaps Kimmie (yes, talking about you in the third person) can whore herself out to people in whatever godforsaken shithole city she lives in, but has to pay High-Street a commission, hence allowing all of us to live out our dreams to be pimps - collective pimps at that.

We could divvy her up. I'll pimp the pink, you pump the stink.

#30 2007-10-30 15:25:24

Roger_That wrote:

META????????????????????????????????????

STASIS????????????????????????????????????

#31 2007-10-30 15:42:35

kim wrote:

Its fraud on the merchant side, not the bank side...How do I sleep at night?

Ah, I see. It's like what HKgirl said. You perform a service for your employer; you get paid. Whether it's "going through the motions" or any other quasi-ethical consideration is something I'm told they make pills and booze for. Perhaps, some volunteerism as a debt counselor would salve your conscience? I really don't have the same level of compassion for the merchants/vendors as I do for the individuals gulled into debt by a culture that preaches financial irresponsibility as the best gift you can give yourself for Xmas. Which is to say, "none" versus "slightly less than none."

scsotdc wrote:

See Orangina's remark.

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

STASIS?

Cryogenics!

What, you mean this wasn't a non sequitur contest? I pre-vote 'Wilbur' to win that, every post of his for the next month.

#32 2007-10-30 15:43:51

kim

Advertising on Craigslist seems to work out pretty well!

Shitty job update: Had someone advise me they were going to press charges against me. Bonus.

#33 2007-10-30 15:45:37

Zubin not stasis. 

Kimmie, it is time to get off the grid.  There are no risks worth managing anymore.  That's right, you need to get derailed, eat cactus flowers and cowpies, and sleep in a slit trench.  Nothing good will come of work, NOTHING.  Do you hear me? NOTHING.  Even nihilism is a waste of time, and minimalism is just exhausting.  But before cashing it all in, could you please post a revealing photo?  We will miss you.

#34 2007-10-30 15:47:33

scsotdc wrote:

I'm not her biggest fan; but kimmie can hardly be classed as a troll. 

And it appears she paid attention when I threatened her about punctuation (though she's still got a long way to go), so I am a tiny bit mollified.

...Do you maybe have her confused with that littlelindsay cunt?  The two of them did show up at roughly the same time.

#35 2007-10-30 15:51:09

kim

Before my internet goes out from not being able to pay the bills, correct? Or from a possibly pending law suit. Whichever comes first.

Then again we could all use our knowledge, mine being of CREDIT CARD FRAUD, and cash in that way? Who's in?

#36 2007-10-30 15:52:22

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/5854/mindthegapiw1.jpg

#37 2007-10-30 15:57:55

http://i12.tinypic.com/4uyr12p.jpg

#38 2007-10-30 15:59:10

kim

FUCCCCCCCCCK littlelindsay
She got annoying fast. Which was good because it took a lot of hate-related attention off of me.
But HOLY SHIT!
I thought I did alright with my pictures on the picture thread, though I do need to step it up.

#39 2007-10-30 16:21:26

Fled wrote:

Zubin not stasis.

Yer dropping yer haitches, Mistel Frintstone.

As for Kimmie, my dear, if you're cute, quit your job, come to Vancouver and I will demonstrate the activity for which I am eponymously named. If you're not cute, quit your job and come to Vancouver with a cooch-load of high-grade horse. Crap, did I say horse? I meant coke. The horse comment was high-grade meta-humour. Zubin indeed.

#40 2007-10-30 16:31:01

pALEPHx wrote:

Cryogenics!

What, you mean this wasn't a non sequitur contest? I pre-vote 'Wilbur' to win that, every post of his for the next month.

One fuckturd's non sequitur(d) is another man's subtle joke. Here's some money -=pENIx=-...http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff314/wilbercuntlicker/6929.jpg...go buy yourself a couple IQ points.

#41 2007-10-30 16:54:48

sic

kim wrote:

...though I do need to step it up.

Marinara + Mammaries = 1 step up

Sincerely

http://i8.tinypic.com/4ts72q1.jpg

#42 2007-10-30 17:02:02

kim

Today I found out that RT has huge boobs, while reading her reply to that fucking penis butter loving girl, and I have yet to see them.

"DIP ME IN HONEY AND THROW ME TO THE LESBIANS!"

#43 2007-10-30 17:05:09

pALEPHx wrote:

Sadly, there are few of us left who got the Meta reference...

#44 2007-10-30 18:22:18

It was also subtle of god to learn Greek when he chose to become an author, and not to learn it better. Some refs just need to die. I mean, seriously, how long can we keep rehashing (and not re-hatting) old shit, and lurching at shadows ("Blankety-Blank, is that you?") before we toss some dirt on the grave and move on?

As "last on board, and first to postwhore," I realize it might not be my place to start flashing the hearse lights, but c'mon...Undead Cruel? Rogers puts a bullet in its head, and everybody's still acting like it's H[igh] S[treet] Reunion time.

http://www.atarimagazines.com/v2n8/Chariots-of-Fire.jpg
This is not your beautiful bong-lighter. // How did we get here?

#45 2007-10-30 19:49:19

kim wrote:

Then again we could all use our knowledge, mine being of CREDIT CARD FRAUD, and cash in that way? Who's in?

Kim, you've got exactly the right idea.  You should know how to execute ccf well enough to (probably) avoid detection and or/prosecution, right?  So start working for yourself on company time.  Set yourself up a little scheme, put in your time learning new and better ways to shyst $$, see if you can use the assholes who threaten you as fall guys, and when you've had enough pretend to get knocked up and take a maternity leave from which you never return.

If I had a nickel for every time someone's threatened to press charges against me... that's what fucknuts do when they can't dig words and reasoning out of their asses.  It's almost always a bluff.

#46 2007-10-30 21:34:16

pALEPHx wrote:

As "last on board, and first to postwhore," I realize it might not be my place to etc.

Aleph, honey?  That was the thought you should have kept at the forefront.

#47 2007-10-30 21:38:48

Zookeeper wrote:

pALEPHx wrote:

Sadly, there are few of us left who got the Meta reference...

I still guess Meta.  This person is an old familiar.

#48 2007-10-30 21:41:50

BTW pALEPHx...

This *IS* a Cruel Reunion of sorts.

Just because you aren't part of it, don't hate.  We know Cruel is gone but some of us made long term e-friends and are glad to be back in touch.  The history from past to now is what made Cruel so popular (until Rogers killed it long before he took it offline). Be thankful...or this place wouldn't have the kick start it needs to bring in fresh meat.

There will be no funeral...only evolution.

RT

#49 2007-10-30 22:14:03

Roger_That wrote:

There will be no funeral...only evolution.

RT

Yes, but will it be televised?

#50 2007-10-31 02:00:03

I like evolution. That'll work. It might work for George, too.

I'm really not hatin' on the reunion part. I'm just the freshman usher (with the bottle of Jack Daniels behind the gym). It's the recurrent theme of "izzat so-and-so?" when 'so-and-so' clearly wasn't much of a e-friend (or frenemy) to anyone. But hey, if you wanna invite yer ol' whippin' boys back, I'm quite sure my occasional grousing won't stop you. Just drop me a line so I don't feel like I'm wandering the Colosseum with a blindfold. Gratias tibi ago.

Board footer

cruelery.com