#51 2009-03-15 19:52:27

Zookeeper wrote:

ptah13 wrote:

(Massive tsunami of words)

You win.  I drowned trying to read that one...

(Doesn't just a tiny bit of you die inside when you spend that much time crafting a long and lovingly crafted reply only to hear the person you were replying to didn't bother reading it?)

I'll always believe you read it... twice even.

I sleep well knowing everyone here hangs on my every word.

#52 2009-03-15 19:54:48

Massive tsunami of words

One can see behind that many words is little substance.

#53 2009-03-15 20:02:39

MSG Tripps wrote:

Massive tsunami of words

Like sorta like what hides under your gut (in your pants!)!

ps- your mom has a wooden leg

Last edited by ptah13 (2009-03-15 20:03:00)

#54 2009-03-15 20:14:07

Why haven't I pissed in this thread, you ask?  Because I'm not sure if it's political trolling or not.  Why am I not sure?  Because I haven't read a single fucking post in here.

#55 2009-03-15 20:14:09

ptah13 wrote:

You may be surprise{d} about the shape I'm still in.

That matters not, however, when it comes to some peoples use of words.

Last edited by MSG Tripps (2009-03-15 20:32:45)

#56 2009-03-15 20:25:49

jesusluvspegging wrote:

Why haven't I pissed in this thread, you ask?  Because I'm not sure if it's political trolling or not.  Why am I not sure?  Because I haven't read a single fucking post in here.

I have a 5 line maximum.  If the post is over 5 lines I don't even begin to read it...except for Dirck because I like him and he posts infrequently.

#57 2009-03-15 20:54:55

MSG Tripps wrote:

ptah13 wrote:

You may be surprise{d} about the shape I'm still in.

That matters not, however, when it comes to some peoples use of words.

You'd think, as the proud son of 82nd Airborne Captain with 2 purple hearts, a silver star and a bronze star that you'd at least practice, "if you can't say something nice..".

My dad knows that, when the time comes, all I want in the will is the medals. Unfortunately, that time is near thanks to agent orange and the subsequent lung cancer and emphysema...

The opinions of 99.9% of the folks on here matter nothing to me. You, MSG, would be an exception. Probably due to the 10,000 slides my dad took in his 2 (both voluntary) tours in Vietnam. I came across them, in my basement, at the age of 7 and viewed every single one without my parents being aware. Sure made an impact (and, what freaking beautiful country, I might add)...

Anyway, how often do I complain when I'm dressed down? I figure I'm entitled, once.

#58 2009-03-15 20:56:44

jesusluvspegging wrote:

Oh, and this thread has nothing to do with politics for me.

It's about the abuse of power on a smaller level. So no piss necessary.

#59 2009-03-15 20:57:02

You said it all when you said son, young man.

#60 2009-03-15 21:02:42

MSG Tripps wrote:

You said it all when you said son, young man.

I tried to join the army at 18, thank you. 

Even though I scored in the 99th percentile on my ASVAB, my fucked-up feet held me up.

I'm told that now I (magically) qualify and am seriously considering enlisting, as we speak.

I'm painfully like my father.

edit: I have to say  "thank you". At my age (near 40) not many people call me, "young man".

Last edited by ptah13 (2009-03-15 21:04:16)

#61 2009-03-15 21:05:17

headkicker_girl wrote:

jesusluvspegging wrote:

I have a 5 line maximum.  If the post is over 5 lines I don't even begin to read it...except for Dirck because I like him and he posts infrequently.

Spoken like a woman who spends all day reading legal briefs.

#62 2009-03-15 21:06:45

Taint wrote:

headkicker_girl wrote:

jesusluvspegging wrote:

riiiiggghhhhtttt....

hahahaha

#63 2009-03-15 21:07:14

I thought about joining the Army until I remembered that it's immoral to be a paid killer.

Last edited by jesusluvspegging (2009-03-15 21:07:27)

#64 2009-03-15 21:08:02

jesusluvspegging wrote:

I thought about joining the Army until I remembered that it's immoral to be a paid killer.

After the last 10 years, I've got a lot of killing in me... Better there than here, I say....

#65 2009-03-15 21:13:15

ptah13 wrote:

edit: I have to say  "thank you". At my age (near 40) not many people call me, "young man".

When you are still in your fathers shadow at what age it may be, it will {still} go to "young man".

Last edited by MSG Tripps (2009-03-15 21:14:20)

#66 2009-03-15 21:21:46

ptah13 wrote:

jesusluvspegging wrote:

After the last 10 years, I've got a lot of killing in me... Better there than here, I say....

So, because your emotions are so powerful, you have to go kill people?

Go cry emo kid.

Last edited by jesusluvspegging (2009-03-15 21:24:12)

#67 2009-03-15 21:33:16

Taint wrote:

headkicker_girl wrote:

jesusluvspegging wrote:

Exactly. When I'm not in court I'm usually reading cases or drafting some document, so reading an essay on high-street is definitely not how I choose to use my internet time.  Like Bill O'Reilly, I prefer pithy comments. 

I have friends who blog; I don't read them.

#68 2009-03-15 21:34:38

jesusluvspegging wrote:

ptah13 wrote:

jesusluvspegging wrote:

So, because your emotions are so powerful, you have to go kill people?

Go cry emo kid.

A real man would just kill himself.  Pussy.

Last edited by headkicker_girl (2009-03-15 21:36:22)

#69 2009-03-15 21:35:54

Hey North Side.

Feds are all over Hyde Park.

Last edited by MSG Tripps (2009-03-15 21:37:42)

#70 2009-03-15 21:38:45

MSG Tripps wrote:

Hey North Side.

Feds are all over parts of Hyde Park.

I know...I avoid it at all costs.  I have friends down there who are starting to feel the strain...they have to let the Secret Service know when they are having visitors so they visitor can be allowed on the block.

But this is our first urban President in modern times, so I suppose they are making it up as they go along...

#71 2009-03-15 21:43:32

It is getting to be time to depart the city.

#72 2009-03-15 21:45:07

MSG Tripps wrote:

It is getting to be time to depart the city.

There's little chance that I'd ever move back.  At least I feel like I'm getting something for my high taxes in the 'burbs.

#73 2009-03-15 21:51:23

headkicker_girl wrote:

...  getting something for my high taxes in the 'burbs.

Yeah that's cool; I am going further out [from the city].

#74 2009-03-15 21:56:05

MSG Tripps wrote:

headkicker_girl wrote:

...  getting something for my high taxes in the 'burbs.

Yeah that's cool; I am going further out [from the city].

Now's a good time to buy, if you can sell what you have...and i Hype Park it's usually not that difficult because of U of C turnaround, so I'm sure you'll come out ahead.  Kane County is really nice.

#75 2009-03-15 22:07:59

headkicker_girl wrote:

Kane County is really nice.

I was born and grew up through High School in Kane County.  Compared to what is was [in my time] it sucks.  Full of McMansions and what follows.

I am talking about going back to the country, headkicker_girl.  Fifty plus acres....

#76 2009-03-15 23:39:23

MSG Tripps wrote:

Massive tsunami of words

Dhal, you can't even see beyond the drug-induced haze...

#77 2009-03-16 00:19:35

Zookeeper wrote:

haze...

Don't forget the gunpowder.

#78 2009-03-16 00:39:39

MSG Tripps wrote:

Zookeeper wrote:

haze...

Don't forget the gunpowder.

You'll snort anything, won't you?

#79 2009-03-16 00:54:41

Zookeeper wrote:

snort anything

Can we agree my nose has been in many diverse places so far?

#80 2009-03-16 01:13:28

MSG Tripps wrote:

ptah13 wrote:

When you are still in your fathers shadow at what age it may be, it will {still} go to "young man".

Fathers shadow?

Wtf??? I was only appealing to the something I could imagine you'd relate to.

I have no experience with buttfucking dudes, so that was out of the question.

#81 2009-03-16 01:19:23

ptah13 wrote:

only appealing to the something I could imagine you'd relate to.

I have no experience with buttfucking dudes, so that was out of the question.

Target acquired... Target locked...  Target rendered usless...

Tell your Father welcome home from me.

#82 2009-04-10 22:21:08

Here's an interesting sideline to this story.....

#83 2009-04-11 00:04:12

Dirckman wrote:

Here's an interesting sideline to this story.....

Great example of how refusing to talk to the cops makes your life easier - NOT.

I can't believe "The Judge" is confused as to why they would care about a guy traveling with $4,700 on him.  No way he's that ignorant.  Carrying large amounts of cash is one aspect of a drug dealer's profile.  It isn't that you aren't allowed to carry that kind of scratch with you.  It's just that it is suspicious.  Refusing to answer simple questions like "How much is this?" and "Why are you carrying so much cash?" are bound to set off alarms in a cop's head.  Playing games like answering "I don't know exactly how much money it is" (yeah, like you are carrying $4,700 and never bothered to count it) is a great way to make the cop more suspicious.  But hey, he's innocent, has a chip on his shoulder and wants to score points so why not make the cops' job as hard as he can? 

I love how The Judge thinks the fact that he looks clean-cut should mean he's above suspicion (positive profiling) but the fact that he's carrying a large amount of cash which he refuses to account for is not grounds for suspicion (negative profiling).

#84 2009-04-11 00:23:38

When I got stopped in Germany(1977), I had several thousand dollars worth of travellers checks and close to 500 dollars worth of marks as well in my boots.  This of course was before lots of people traveled with cards.  The Police went nuts.  They examined every traveler check, and wanted to know what I was doing with all of this money.  "Traveling" was the wrong answer.

#85 2009-04-11 01:55:36

More people need to do exactly what this guy did purely to let law enforcement to know that people know what their rights are.  Law enforcement has spent far too much time learning how to talk people into giving up their rights and fucking them in the ass for victimless crimes in the process.  This bullshit has been going on for decades, but George W. Bush made it acceptable and did so by scaring the living hell out of the population enough to make them trade freedom for "security"...

#86 2009-04-11 17:17:04

Dirckman wrote:

More people need to do exactly what this guy did purely to let law enforcement to know that people know what their rights are.  Law enforcement has spent far too much time learning how to talk people into giving up their rights and fucking them in the ass for victimless crimes in the process.  This bullshit has been going on for decades, but George W. Bush made it acceptable and did so by scaring the living hell out of the population enough to make them trade freedom for "security"...

Bullshit.  Cops have been using the tactics in this video for years and years and years.  And before preaching that everyone should be the same asshole as the guy being questioned here, I suggest they try doing a cop's job for a few months.  Believe it or not, most criminals don't walk up to cops and confess.  In fact, most criminals don't even admit to their crimes when police ask them if they are breaking the law.  They actually have to QUESTION them.  Since most criminals don't wear t-shirts with the words "I DID IT!" on them cops often have to act on instinct prompted by suspicious our out-of-the-ordinary behavior.  You wanna have an easier time of it?  Just answer the fucking reasonable questions and don't play Constitutional Attorney™.  The guy would have been on his way a whole lot sooner if he had just fucking cooperated.  Of course, he didn't really want to be on his way as much as he wanted to piss off the cops enough by refusing to cooperate so that he could create an embarrassing audio recording of them ("Look mom! That cop used the F-Word!  Shame on him!").

#87 2009-04-11 17:25:52

If you don't exercise a right (not to talk to the cops, in this case) at every opportunity, then you don't really have that right.

#88 2009-04-11 17:28:59

jesusluvspegging wrote:

If you don't exercise a right (not to talk to the cops, in this case) at every opportunity, then you don't really have that right.

The Proverbial Pearls Before Swine...

#89 2009-04-11 18:09:31

Dmtdust wrote:

When I got stopped in Germany(1977), I had several thousand dollars worth of travellers checks and close to 500 dollars worth of marks as well in my boots.  This of course was before lots of people traveled with cards.  The Police went nuts.  They examined every traveler check, and wanted to know what I was doing with all of this money.  "Traveling" was the wrong answer.

I think it is bullshit that you have to "explain yourself" when you have cash on you.

It is one thing if you had some digital scales, creatine and a shitload of tiny baggies, but simply having cash when traveling is hardly suspicious.

I know people who are perfectly law-abiding that take large sums of cash with them when they travel (usually hidden, like in a money belt or something). The people I know who do this like the security of knowing that, no matter what, they have cash. I doubt either one of the guys I know that carry cash like that would be able to tell you EXACTLY how much cash they have on them and I know both of them would be LOATHE to be interrogated by police about it (as they feel the same way about "having your papers in order" as I do).

Reminds me of watching old nazi war movies, where the general populace is always being harassed by the cops.

Yeah, I'm sure drug dealers carry cash but carrying cash doesn't make you a drug dealer and hardly should be a lone excuse to harass someone.

I'm with Dirck, of course. Any time you can make a facist's life a little more difficult all while showing him up for the bully he is, is well worth the trouble!

Sorry, Zook, but just because you think everyone's rights should be screwed in order to fill our jails with a few more non-violent offenders doesn't make it so. Which reminds me, I saw some scary statistic recently showing that our prison population in 1970 was like 200k and is up to 2 million now... 10 TIMES as many people in prisons and the increase is completely filled by non-violent offenders...

So how is that drug war working out, then? We've increased our prisoners 10 fold, yet drugs are as popular and abundant as ever?

But, yeah, go ahead and harass anyone and everyone you can to weed out the occasional pot smoker so you can get him in your camps, too, Herr Zookeeper.

#90 2009-04-11 18:48:40

Zookeeper wrote:

Dirckman wrote:

Bullshit.  Cops have been using the tactics in this video for years and years and years.  And before preaching that everyone should be the same asshole as the guy being questioned here, I suggest they try doing a cop's job for a few months.  Believe it or not, most criminals don't walk up to cops and confess.  In fact, most criminals don't even admit to their crimes when police ask them if they are breaking the law.  They actually have to QUESTION them.  Since most criminals don't wear t-shirts with the words "I DID IT!" on them cops often have to act on instinct prompted by suspicious our out-of-the-ordinary behavior.  You wanna have an easier time of it?  Just answer the fucking reasonable questions and don't play Constitutional Attorney™.  The guy would have been on his way a whole lot sooner if he had just fucking cooperated.  Of course, he didn't really want to be on his way as much as he wanted to piss off the cops enough by refusing to cooperate so that he could create an embarrassing audio recording of them ("Look mom! That cop used the F-Word!  Shame on him!").

I beg to differ, this guy had committed no crime and was simply trying to board a plane with legally aquired cash.  He did not have to answer any questions and the cash represented zero risk to any other passenger.  These fucking assholes took him into a room, detained him for a fairly extensive period of time, and threatened him with all manner of legal consequences.  There is never an excuse for a law abiding citizen to put up with threats and intimidation.  I hope these cops are standing in a bread line now.

#91 2009-04-11 22:05:59

Dirckman wrote:

Zookeeper wrote:

Dirckman wrote:

I beg to differ, this guy had committed no crime and was simply trying to board a plane with legally aquired cash.  He did not have to answer any questions and the cash represented zero risk to any other passenger.  These fucking assholes took him into a room, detained him for a fairly extensive period of time, and threatened him with all manner of legal consequences.  There is never an excuse for a law abiding citizen to put up with threats and intimidation.  I hope these cops are standing in a bread line now.

I can only assume that Zook is in some form of law enforcement, or has close relatives that are.

That would be the only thing that would justify his responses.

I feel bad that this sort of behavior is almost accepted by the populace, at large. At the very least, the behavior is tolerated, which still amazes me. You would think people would be up in arms at this sort of thing, but, alas, shoulders simply shrug and people forget about it.

This is freakin' 'Merica, for Ptah sakes, act like 'Mericans!

#92 2009-04-12 19:35:40

Zookeeper wrote:

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree.  It's this kid's own fault for believing all of that "Land Of The Free" hype that he was fed as a child.

That was your point, right?

#93 2009-04-12 22:58:59

jesusluvspegging wrote:

Brilliant.  You also have the right to be a complete and utter asshole.  So I suppose you feel that if you don't exercise that right at every opportunity, then you won't really have that right either.

#94 2009-04-12 23:00:02

Zookeeper wrote:

Brilliant.  You also have the right to be a complete and utter asshole.  So I suppose you feel that if you don't exercise that right at every opportunity, then you won't really have that right either.

Dumb-ass nigger.

EDIT: and, actually, where I live we still have "fighting words" laws, so I don't have the right to be an ass all the time.

Last edited by jesusluvspegging (2009-04-12 23:06:30)

#95 2009-04-12 23:09:24

ptah13 wrote:

I can only assume that Zook is in some form of law enforcement, or has close relatives that are.

Nope.  I just don't live by the blind "FUCK THE MAN!" school of thought.  I recognize that cops have a job to do, that their job is important, and don't relish the prospect of making it harder for them just because I'm some narcissist asshole who feels he's being oppressed whenever a person in a uniform DARES to ask him a question.  Yeah, it isn't illegal to carry thousands of dollars in cash when traveling.  But it is suspicious and it's reasonable for a suspicious cop to ask questions.  And when someone refuses to answer a reasonable question about a suspicious circumstance it's reasonable for the cop to get even more suspicious.  Get over yourself and just answer the fucking question already.  Yeah, I'm sure a tiny part of him would have died if he had actually answered the question of why he was carrying all that cash.  Poor baby.

#96 2009-04-12 23:11:07

Decadence wrote:

Zookeeper wrote:

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree.  It's this kid's own fault for believing all of that "Land Of The Free" hype that he was fed as a child.

That was your point, right?

No no no!  You have it all wrong.  It isn't "Land Of The Free".  It's "Land of The ME!"

The kid didn't break the law.  He was just an asshole.  Guess what?  The cops didn't break the law either.  So I guess it's all fair-square, right?

#97 2009-04-13 09:50:18

But don't the cops realize that the only way to really get their jobs done well is to respect the freedoms of the people they are investigating? You want to know why everyone hates the cops? It's because you know that the longer you talk to a cop, the better a chance that you will become a guilty party about something.

If a cop has a "suspicion" that I am doing something wrong, that's his business. But not mine. When he has concrete proof, he can at least go through the motions and get some judge to rubberstamp a warrant. Then we will talk. Until that point, you go about your business and Ill go about mine.

It's like when you are at the bank and you have to withdraw or deposit more than $10k. They make you fill out a government form. One field on the form asks for the purpose of the money that you are withdrawing. I always write "personal use" and leave it at that. Nobody has complained yet.

#98 2009-04-13 11:53:09

I still don't get how "carrying cash" is suspicious.

Shit, the guy I went out with the last time I went clubbing asked me, "two stacks or 3".

So, yeah, he was walking around with 3 grand on him, just to go out on the town. Based on the above logic, he is majorly suspicious of some crime, because he has some cash on him.

please...

Just because "criminals usually deal in cash" doesn't equate to "anyone who has cash is a criminal".

That is simply insane. By this logic, lets body cavity search anyone who owns a Pink Floyd cd, has a rock concert shirt or wears sunglasses (because, criminals tend to wear sunglasses, so if you have some sunglasses, you are a suspicious character).

Yep, it's called "fucked up cop logic" and as long as I'm breathing, I'll make life as difficult as I can for those fuckers when it comes to them investigating victimless crimes. If my refusing to answer some questions about cash causes them to miss the next guy that has a joint on him, I consider that a worthy cause!

I guess we are simply on different sides. I'm on the side of liberty and freedom while your on the side that is constantly working us towards a police state (hell, we are already there, who am I kidding?).

#99 2009-04-13 11:54:56

GooberMcNutly wrote:

But don't the cops realize that the only way to really get their jobs done well is to respect the freedoms of the people they are investigating? You want to know why everyone hates the cops? It's because you know that the longer you talk to a cop, the better a chance that you will become a guilty party about something.

If a cop has a "suspicion" that I am doing something wrong, that's his business. But not mine. When he has concrete proof, he can at least go through the motions and get some judge to rubberstamp a warrant. Then we will talk. Until that point, you go about your business and Ill go about mine.

It's like when you are at the bank and you have to withdraw or deposit more than $10k. They make you fill out a government form. One field on the form asks for the purpose of the money that you are withdrawing. I always write "personal use" and leave it at that. Nobody has complained yet.

You should try: "Hoes at the Bunny Ranch"

#100 2009-04-13 11:57:29

Goober wrote:

Banks are required to send the IRS reports of any transaction involving $10,000 or more in cash.  This is a good reason to keep your cash withdrawals or deposits under that amount.

Board footer

cruelery.com