#1 2007-10-31 20:08:30

Springfield man attempts to remove own testicles

An alleged sex offender who said he was feeling an urge to offend again took a fillet knife to his testicles in an attempt to castrate himself Sunday night.

The 59-year-old man, who lives in the 1600 block of Seven Pines Road, was bleeding profusely when police and paramedics arrived. However, he is expected to survive.

The man successfully removed one testicle and flushed it down the toilet, and the other testicle was severely injured.

He then called a friend for help. Authorities were called about 8:15 p.m. Sunday, and the man was rushed to the hospital.

The man told authorities he was feeling the urge to touch and hurt children. He was not trying to take his life, the man reportedly said, but was trying to stem the urge.

The man's offense happened in 1984. He had been on a sex offender registry for some time, but no longer was required to register.

At least the guy HAD the balls to try and eliminate his urges....

#2 2007-10-31 20:29:23

this dude is my hero.  good for him.

#3 2007-10-31 20:35:27

Let's start up a High-Street donation fund to buy him a plaque with bronzed balls and filleting knife

also update the internet "How To" sites to include the basics of localized tourniquets and emphasize efficiency of Meat Shears.

#4 2007-10-31 21:33:22

I would recommend that all sex offenders* be taught how to perform orchiectomies on themselves with frequent retraining classes.

*Obviously this wouldn’t include adults caught engaging in consensual acts in places where there is a reasonable expectation of privacy.

#5 2007-11-01 02:07:24

fnord wrote:

*Obviously this wouldn’t include adults caught engaging in consensual acts in places where there is a reasonable expectation of privacy.

* And unless they're having phone sex with Osama bin Laden, which pretty much gives half of DC the right to listen in.

#6 2007-11-01 02:13:09

Lurker wrote:

[i] However, he is expected to survive.

Interesting how, in basic text, their disappointment shines through.

#7 2007-11-01 02:22:15

Ironic.  A thing like this really takes balls.

Board footer

cruelery.com