#51 2007-11-04 14:29:05

fnord wrote:

Germany wasn’t a benign overlord, but Germany’s behavior was saintly in its occupied territories compared to what Japan did.

I missed that.  Fnord, I'm tempted to hit you upside your forehead with a Godwin.   I never knew you were a holocaust denier.  Or perhaps it's just that you approve.

#52 2007-11-04 14:48:44

Zookeeper wrote:

Don't forget to wash your hands.

Nah . . . . I like to sniff them afterwards

#53 2007-11-04 14:58:13

Fnord, all sides of my English family snivelled out of war time service after the Civil War, so I neither have a horse in this race, nor do I give a flying fuck.

What I do know is you are way to smart to start a battle like this here. Please take a deep breath and give it a rest. You know it only circles the toilet anyway.

Or not, as you wish. As I say, I don't give a fuck. And it wouldn't matter if I did.

#54 2007-11-04 15:27:43

Just to throw another element, albeit insignificant, into the fray.

One of the members of my temple survived the Hiroshima blast. A Nissei, he was a kid visiting relatives in Hiroshima when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. Unable to return to the States, where he would have been interned with the rest of his family by the feds for the crime of being an ethnically Japanese American, he was stranded in Japan where the Imperial government arrested him for being an American citizen. Held as a prisoner, he was put to work into forced labor outside Hiroshima; he was working the day the Enola Gay flew overhead and dropped its cargo.

He's a great old guy, now in his 80s. He suffers health problems to this day from the bombing.

I'm not throwing this out to say one side was wrong or right, only to put an individual face on the event.

#55 2007-11-04 15:36:11

...and RT thought the LEGAL discussions were boring????

#56 2007-11-04 16:58:19

headkicker_girl wrote:

...and RT thought the LEGAL discussions were boring????

War is entertaining, although the aftermath is often a letdown. That's what's so great about the US - Govt., Pentagon, Big Oil, the Jebus-Cults and Hollywood feed off each other in one eternal slurp-circle. But it's gotta be kept fresh, people. Iraq, for instance, is no longer on my radar. I'm hoping the cameras go back to Afghanistan soon, for some more great scenes of people killing each other in caves. What are you guys hoping for? How about: Snow Storm - the Invasion of Canada! Let's face it, sooner or later you're going to need our water, and the Alberta tar sands...well...never mind, you own most of that anyways. Still - our dollar is bigger than your dollar, and we've got a neo-con crew in the BlandHouse. I've got a feeling that somewhere...probably under a bomb-proof igloo...we're building nukes. As your neighbours, we welcome an invasion - BUT - we definitely want our share of the advertising revenue.

#57 2007-11-04 17:27:23

No, I think you should invade us. I'd welcome our new Canadian Overlords as long as you cut Quebec loose.

Board footer

cruelery.com