#1 2009-04-23 13:07:42

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/23/world … .html?_r=1

Pakistan is in the process of kissing its ass goodbye.

#2 2009-04-23 13:19:27

President Obama's welcome to the real world.  We need to send a strongly worded protest.  And if that doesn't work we'll pull out the big guns and send in an army of prosecuting attorneys to issue indictments against these criminal elements.

#3 2009-04-23 13:36:57

Yes, after 8 years of coddling by various Pakistani Regimes with the tacit approval of another Administration looking the other way.

#4 2009-04-23 13:37:10

phreddy wrote:

President Obama's welcome to the real world.  We need to send a strongly worded protest.  And if that doesn't work we'll pull out the big guns and send in an army of prosecuting attorneys to issue indictments against these criminal elements.

Okay, then, what would you do?

#5 2009-04-23 13:43:10

ah297900 wrote:

phreddy wrote:

First, I would send an envoy with a free pass out of the country to the political and military leadership, on one condition.  The would need to bring all the nukes with them.  Next, Afganistan II.

#6 2009-04-23 13:48:34

We have propped them up for decades, and like Israel they piss on our shoes repeatedly.  I say we no longer deal with monotheist.  Bad business that.

#7 2009-04-23 13:51:14

Dmtdust wrote:

We have propped them up for decades, and like Israel they piss on our shoes repeatedly.  I say we no longer deal with monotheist.  Bad business that.

Were it not for the nukes and the sheltering of terrorist groups, I would agree.  Nothing would be finer than to watch them fall back into the dark ages.

#8 2009-04-23 13:51:40

phreddy wrote:

ah297900 wrote:

phreddy wrote:

First, I would send an envoy with a free pass out of the country to the political and military leadership, on one condition.  The would need to bring all the nukes with them.

With you so far, provided the leadership will bite. But aren't you worried that giving the country over to the insurgents will just encourage insurgencies elsewhere?

Next, Afganistan II.

You do realize that Pakistan has 172,000,000 people in it, right? Afghanistan only has about 32 million. Then, how do you keep those 172 million people, whose government we just removed, leaving the state in chaos, from swearing a blood oath to kill Americans?

Last edited by ah297900 (2009-04-23 13:57:02)

#9 2009-04-23 13:52:56

phreddy wrote:

Nothing would be finer than to watch them fall back into the dark ages.

Why would that be enjoyable?

#10 2009-04-23 14:00:50

We have facilitated this by propping up one dictatorship after another.  Soon, we'll see Somalia appearing world wide, but this time, with a mission besides imploding. You can bet that India will be bearing the brunt of this among others, in due time.

#11 2009-04-23 14:55:53

Pakistan is another one of those countries that should simply never have happened and has been deteriorating since it was founded (East Pakistan/Bangladesh, anyone?). Its collapse, without anything to fill the void, is even worse. This is the result of shortsighted Cold War politics.

#12 2009-04-23 15:00:27

Meanwhile, Driving in Iraq...

EMBED-Road Rocked by Huge Explosion - Watch more free videos

#13 2009-04-23 15:25:34

Phreddy, this has to be the stupidest position you've ever taken that I have actually read. Bravo

#14 2009-04-23 15:49:05

We are reaping the rewards of interfering in the natural order.  Mud babies have a very low survival rate unless Whites go in and provide clean water, sanitation services, fertilizers, improved crop seeds and medical assistance in mud countries along with food aid.  No good deed goes unpunished when dealing with Mud People and the punishment from this group of Muds will be epic because they and the Muds next door have nukes.

#15 2009-04-23 16:15:57

fnord wrote:

We are reaping the rewards of interfering in the natural order.  Mud babies have a very low survival rate unless Whites go in and provide clean water, sanitation services, fertilizers, improved crop seeds and medical assistance in mud countries along with food aid.  No good deed goes unpunished when dealing with Mud People and the punishment from this group of Muds will be epic because they and the Muds next door have nukes.

Except for the nukes part, that's exactly how the Romans viewed the Britons. heh.

#16 2009-04-23 16:33:16

ah297900 wrote:

phreddy wrote:

Sorry, I thought that was obvious.  The Taliban are brutal, backward, and ignorant.  They bully, beat and kill those who will not bow down to their prophet.  It just seems to me they are well fit for the dark ages.

#17 2009-04-23 16:41:57

phreddy wrote:

Dmtdust wrote:

Were it not for the nukes and the sheltering of terrorist groups, I would agree.  Nothing would be finer than to watch them fall back into the dark ages.

Not that there is a good answer to be had, but if we just let nature take its course in Pakistan, it will simply provide a much larger haven for extremists than Afghanistan has.  Either prop the bastards in power up and try to make them better to the extent we can, or else we just keep our fingers crossed and hope that nothing bad results.  The latter seems a little reckless to me, although I have little confidence that we can keep a lid on things there.  It is too big, too remote, to uncontrollable. . . .

#18 2009-04-23 16:53:04

ah297900 wrote:

fnord wrote:

Except for the nukes part, that's exactly how the Romans viewed the Britons. heh.

Assuming you are correct that the Romans felt that way, they would have been right for their time.  I’m aware that White babies suffered a high mortality rate in the past.  This favored the more intelligent Whites and lead to the slow but steady improvement of the White population.  We do the Mud Races no favors when we enable their less evolved members to proliferate and swamp the local gene pools with their less desirable genes.

#19 2009-04-23 16:54:09

Fled wrote:

The latter seems a little reckless to me, although I have little confidence that we can keep a lid on things there.  It is too big, too remote, to uncontrollable. . . .

I think it only appears to be too big to grapple.  It's just a matter of will and persistence, both of which are sorely lacking in America today.  Back before the news media manipulated public opinion regarding wars, we were able to stay with a battle plan for more than one election cycle.

#20 2009-04-23 16:57:22

phreddy wrote:

Fled wrote:

The latter seems a little reckless to me, although I have little confidence that we can keep a lid on things there.  It is too big, too remote, to uncontrollable. . . .

I think it only appears to be too big to grapple.  It's just a matter of will and persistence, both of which are sorely lacking in America today.  Back before the news media manipulated public opinion regarding wars, we were able to stay with a battle plan for more than one election cycle.

I'm assuming you're referring to the Hearst-inspired war of 1898?

#21 2009-04-23 17:11:38

Except this time against a country who can fight back

#22 2009-04-23 17:14:39

Taint wrote:

phreddy wrote:

Fled wrote:

I'm assuming you're referring to the Hearst-inspired war of 1898?

Yes, yellow journalism has been around since the printing press and before.  But, I'm not talking about the press's role starting wars, but rather the public's ability to finish them.

#23 2009-04-23 17:22:39

phreddy wrote:

Yes, yellow journalism has been around since the printing press and before.  But, I'm not talking about the press's role starting wars, but rather the public's ability to finish them.

Yes, he's not talking about any "facts" or "history" that disproves his point, he's only interested in vague unprovable assertions.

#24 2009-04-23 18:25:43

phreddy wrote:

Fled wrote:

The media's manipulation is not the only reason people don't like wars. Besides, how do you know that it's me who's been manipulated into not liking wars, and not you who's been manipulated into liking them?

#25 2009-04-23 18:27:13

phreddy wrote:

ah297900 wrote:

phreddy wrote:

Sorry, I thought that was obvious.  The Taliban are brutal, backward, and ignorant.  They bully, beat and kill those who will not bow down to their prophet.  It just seems to me they are well fit for the dark ages.

Again, I'm not clear on what's fun about watching the taliban bully, beat and kill a new group of people.

#26 2009-04-23 18:36:26

ah297900 wrote:

phreddy wrote:

ah297900 wrote:

Again, I'm not clear on what's fun about watching the taliban bully, beat and kill a new group of people.

Well, you can't have it both ways Ah.  Either you go in and rescue them as I originally suggested (Afganistan II), to which you objected, or you watch them collapse back into the Dark Ages.

#27 2009-04-23 18:50:49

Ah wrote:

The media's manipulation is not the only reason people don't like wars. Besides, how do you know that it's me who's been manipulated into not liking wars, and not you who's been manipulated into liking them?

Really?  Exactly what have you learned about Iraq and Afganistan that wasn't filtered through the media?  The American public gets 100% of its war news throught the media, so where else would they get the notion that we should get out?  Because a politician said it?  The media decides which politicians reach the air.  If you have listened to Pelosi and Reid, they declared the Iraq war was lost two years ago.  Same for NY Times, LA Times, all network TV, and just about all cable news except Fox. Were it not for Fox and talk radio, I would never have known we were slowly winning the whole time.  I'm sure most of the public thinks Obama won the war.

#28 2009-04-23 18:56:15

A war was won? Why didn't anyone tell me?

http://dial-a-nihilist.com/shit.gif

Last edited by orangeplus (2009-04-23 19:08:04)

#29 2009-04-23 19:05:13

orangeplus wrote:

A war was won? Why didn't anyone tell me?

Thank you OrangePuss for making my point.

#30 2009-04-23 19:10:18

phreddy wrote:

Fled wrote:

That's where you are wrong, because your opinions flow from unrealism.  In the real world, controlling Pakistan and Afghanistan with ground troops (or otherwise) is beyond our long term capabilities.

#31 2009-04-23 19:18:29

Fled wrote:

phreddy wrote:

Fled wrote:

That's where you are wrong, because your opinions flow from unrealism.  In the real world, controlling Pakistan and Afghanistan with ground troops (or otherwise) is beyond our long term capabilities.

Yeah, and so you would have said in 1941 when we were faced with Hitler and the German army on one front and the Japanese on the other.  Fortunately, we had someone with balls in the White House back then.

#32 2009-04-23 19:22:40

Fled wrote:

Either prop the bastards in power up and try to make them better to the extent we can, or else we just keep our fingers crossed and hope that nothing bad results.

That second option worked out so well for us in Afghanistan after the Soviets pulled out.

#33 2009-04-23 19:32:39

phreddy wrote:

Fled wrote:

phreddy wrote:

Yeah, and so you would have said in 1941 when we were faced with Hitler and the German army on one front and the Japanese on the other.  Fortunately, we had someone with balls in the White House back then.

A Democrat?

#34 2009-04-23 19:36:27

Dusty wrote:

A Democrat?

A little known fact of history, even Democrats had balls back then.

#35 2009-04-23 19:40:28

20-20 hind-sight.  There was a coup attempt in 39-40 by the right wing.

#37 2009-04-23 20:52:34

phreddy wrote:

Fled wrote:

phreddy wrote:

Slightly different reality there: Americans were strongly opposed to getting involved in the European conflict (or the Asian one, for that matter) until the Japanese attacked the American navy. Had that not happened, it would probably have been even later before we got involved at all.

#38 2009-04-23 21:00:27

phreddy wrote:

Ah wrote:

Really?  Exactly what have you learned about Iraq and Afganistan that wasn't filtered through the media?  The American public gets 100% of its war news throught the media, so where else would they get the notion that we should get out?

Where do you get your news that paints a completely different picture?

And as a theoretical question, Iraq aside, under what circumstances would you think it's time to end a war? When, for you, does the cost of staying outweigh the cost of leaving?

#39 2009-04-23 21:03:30

ah297900 wrote:

And as a theoretical question, Iraq aside, under what circumstances would you think it's time to end a war? When, for you, does the cost of staying outweigh the cost of leaving?

After he's shot his wad beating off to videos of both US soldiers and foreign civilians being slaughtered.

#40 2009-04-23 21:04:03

phreddy wrote:

Well, you can't have it both ways Ah.  Either you go in and rescue them as I originally suggested (Afganistan II), to which you objected, or you watch them collapse back into the Dark Ages.

You removed your original quote from the last message. Here it is:

phreddy wrote:

Again, what would be enjoyable about watching a country collapse into chaos?

#41 2009-04-23 21:52:05

orangeplus wrote:

Kissinger, Abramhoff, Reagan... at least Reagan is burning in hell.  This was an excellent implication of a system that is thoroughly rotten from the inside out.  Pay attention kids.  A hard rain is gonna fall.

#42 2009-04-23 21:52:14

ah297900 wrote:

phreddy wrote:

You removed your original quote from the last message. Here it is:

phreddy wrote:

Again, what would be enjoyable about watching a country collapse into chaos?

It would be enjoyable because he's not anti-Taliban, he's just plain old racist.

#43 2009-04-24 05:26:04

phreddy wrote:

Fled wrote:

phreddy wrote:

No, so I would not have said.  It is a  different problem to topple fascist and nazi governments than to overcome non-state actors.  I know you want to explain it all through the penis dimension, but that isn't going to help here.  We cannot fuck them into submission.

#44 2009-04-24 08:59:25

Goddammt, just when I come to HS to find midget-scat-porn and cute kitty pics, you guys break into global political science debates. Be careful, I almost learned something here.

#45 2009-04-24 09:16:20

What?  That you cannot fuck somebody into submission?  But doesn't that fly in the face of experience?  While we're at it, what's wrong with this picture?

#46 2009-04-24 13:07:26

Fled wrote:

What?  That you cannot fuck somebody into submission?  But doesn't that fly in the face of experience?  While we're at it, what's wrong with this picture?

Dunno. Is it a trap?

#47 2009-04-25 00:40:25

#48 2009-04-25 00:47:26

ah297900 wrote:

Fled wrote:

Dunno. Is it a trap?

I'm going to go with the high-heels on the stairmaster

#49 2009-04-25 01:16:22

The problem the liberals here have is they view all cultures as being equal.  Our culture is far from perfect, but for the most part our Western culture is as progressive as it gets.  We don't force women to cover themselves head to foot, our government is not based on religion and we can still respect the rights of the individual. When it comes to science and industry the West has created the modern world.  The East gave us algebra and optics before Islam took over, but it's been a long time since they've been nothing but a shit stain on history.  I know O+ will attempt to paint them as being intelligent and rational people who are victims of our stupidity, but the world no longer needs the stone age mentality that these people bring to the table.  Their culture is not equal and needs wiped off the face of the planet.

#50 2009-04-25 01:38:39

Dirckman wrote:

The problem the liberals here have is they view all cultures as being equal.  Our culture is far from perfect, but for the most part our Western culture is as progressive as it gets.  We don't force women to cover themselves head to foot, our government is not based on religion and we can still respect the rights of the individual. When it comes to science and industry the West has created the modern world.  The East gave us algebra and optics before Islam took over, but it's been a long time since they've been nothing but a shit stain on history.  I know O+ will attempt to paint them as being intelligent and rational people who are victims of our stupidity, but the world no longer needs the stone age mentality that these people bring to the table.  Their culture is not equal and needs wiped off the face of the planet.

I say we drop Dirkman over Pakistan... in a classic '56 Corvette.

Board footer

cruelery.com