#1 2013-03-07 11:58:01

I'm in hospital to have gallstones removed. The pain was unbelievable - thank non-god for morphine - but I go in for surgery in just a few hours. Morbid postings and links will be more than appreciated.

#2 2013-03-07 12:10:43

Not to worry Taint, other than the pain this is pretty routine now.  They take out your gall bladder through your belly button and you're as good as new within a week.  Please send us missives from your hospital bed while drugged.  Good luck, you will be home by tomorrow.

Edited for morbid comment:  However, I suggest you give someone your H-S login and password in case you die on the operating table.  We would need them to give us confirmation of your death before we start the wake.  Also, please leave a list of your good deeds and accomplishments so we can properly lament your passing.

Last edited by phreddy (2013-03-07 12:22:19)

#3 2013-03-07 12:18:14

Taint wrote:

I'm in hospital to have gallstones removed. The pain was unbelievable - thank non-god for morphine - but I go in for surgery in just a few hours. Morbid postings and links will be more than appreciated.

Dude, you should have said something, Melons used a homeopathic but successful remedy.  It involved a lot of apples and other odd things but she avoided surgery, in the end the offending materials softened and were successfully passed.  I was doubtful but compared the output to the internet and frankly think it was a success.

She tested the results with a couple of greasy fast food meals - it appears to have fucking worked.   I was shocked as I'm not a believer in that shit but she still has all of her body parts, no invasive surgery and everything works.

**Edit: She was diagnosed to have gallstones via ultrasound, she decided to try an alt before any cutting happened - with happy results.

Last edited by Emmeran (2013-03-07 12:19:36)

#4 2013-03-07 12:47:00

Melons used a homeopathic

You can do better than someone who believes in homeopathy.

#5 2013-03-07 12:56:53

Emmeran wrote:

Taint wrote:

Dude, you should have said something, Melons used a homeopathic but successful remedy.  It involved a lot of apples and other odd things but she avoided surgery, in the end the offending materials softened and were successfully passed.  I was doubtful but compared the output to the internet and frankly think it was a success.

She tested the results with a couple of greasy fast food meals - it appears to have fucking worked.   I was shocked as I'm not a believer in that shit but she still has all of her body parts, no invasive surgery and everything works.

**Edit: She was diagnosed to have gallstones via ultrasound, she decided to try an alt before any cutting happened - with happy results.

That is not homeopathy, that is natural healing.  There is a HUGE difference.  Unless she left the apples in some water for a while to get memorized.....

#6 2013-03-07 13:29:33

Gallstones are often made into jewelry.  Have the surgeon save yours for you.

#7 2013-03-07 13:37:07

I found a set of gallstone jewelry for you.  These pieces were designed for the woman who produced the stones.

https://youwantapieceofme.wordpress.com … ne-parure/

#8 2013-03-07 13:45:10

Sorry to hear about your travail, Taint.  I wish you a speedy recovery and a graceful transition off the meds.

#9 2013-03-07 13:58:54

The sickest violent puking i ever saw in my life (this side of heroin withdrawal) was when my wife was sick with her gall bladder.

I hope when this is over, you still have the gall to do things....

#10 2013-03-07 14:35:30

XregnaR wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Taint wrote:

That is not homeopathy, that is natural healing.  There is a HUGE difference.  Unless she left the apples in some water for a while to get memorized.....

OK - whatever.  The shit worked and I was quite surprised.  I thought it was a waste of time and money but kept my mouth shut because it was her deal and nobody likes to go underneath the knife.

#11 2013-03-07 14:51:32

I know an LVN who did the infamous olive oil and lemon juice flush, and claims it solved her problems.

#12 2013-03-07 15:36:00

fnord wrote:

I know an LVN who did the infamous olive oil and lemon juice flush, and claims it solved her problems.

Sounds like a salad dressing.

#13 2013-03-07 16:01:36

Em, send me the recipe, will ya? My gb has been acting up as well and I have been doing my best to avoid the knife.

nd good luck you you, Taint.  Hope it helps! 

Hurry back here so we can piss on your shoes some more.

#14 2013-03-07 22:06:22

Good wishes, Taint.  You will be feeling fine after a couple days; I hope they don't have to take the whole bladder but even if they do you'll be amazed by how little you are affected by it. 

I haven't changed my diet one whit (not that I ever ate a lot of greasy shit) and aside from needing the very occasional Pepcid things are no different.

Have I already bored the shit out of everyone with my (emergency!  It was emergency surgery!) gall bladder surgery story?  Somewhere in some other thread?  I have, I'm sure.  Besides, this is Taint's gall bladder surgery thread and it's his privilege to bore the shit out of everyone with HIS story.

I look forward to reading it soon.

#15 2013-03-08 15:32:14

Get better, Taint!

#16 2013-03-08 16:14:15

Because of monthly stones, I had my gallbladder removed 6 years ago next month; had my house broken into while I was in the hospital...

Surgeons normally dispose of body parts for insurance and sanitary reasons...

#17 2013-03-08 21:08:12

I'm back out among the living, several milligrams lighter. The doctor removed several stones but I get to go back in sometime within a month to actually have the whole damned thing taken out. Apparently, I've got lots of the little buggers in there and it seems a pretty safe bet I'd have to have more removed again unless they extract the whole thing.

But I have to say, aside from the warm wishes, I'm terribly disappointed in all of you. Where were the gory pictures? The tacky postings? Tsk, tsk.

#18 2013-03-08 21:15:15

Taint wrote:

But I have to say, aside from the warm wishes, I'm terribly disappointed in all of you. Where were the gory pictures? The tacky postings? Tsk, tsk.

What? My suggestion of jewelry, along with a link to a set of gallstone jewelry wasn't tacky enough for you?

#19 2013-03-08 21:27:52

I don' thik that was tacky in the least Fnord.  On Taint, it would look good.

#20 2013-03-08 23:12:29

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-tJPAyJOGs3Y/T5ZAPx18WxI/AAAAAAAAApE/F-zc8iy3RNs/s1600/Gallstones.jpg

Sorry Taint. Better late than never?

#21 2013-03-09 00:59:36

doesyourpussyhurt wrote:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-tJPAyJOGs3Y/T … stones.jpg

Sorry Taint. Better late than never?

This time. I expect better when I actually go under the knife.

#22 2013-03-11 12:14:04

Taint wrote:

Hey, I did my part.

phreddy wrote:

However, I suggest you give someone your H-S login and password in case you die on the operating table.  We would need them to give us confirmation of your death before we start the wake.  Also, please leave a list of your good deeds and accomplishments so we can properly lament your passing.

My wife received the same advice regarding reforming of the stones and she decided to go with complete removal the first time.  Apparently, one of those stones can slip out of your gall bladder, block your bile duct and kill you.

#23 2013-03-11 13:07:42

phreddy wrote:

Taint wrote:

Hey, I did my part.

phreddy wrote:

However, I suggest you give someone your H-S login and password in case you die on the operating table.  We would need them to give us confirmation of your death before we start the wake.  Also, please leave a list of your good deeds and accomplishments so we can properly lament your passing.

My wife received the same advice regarding reforming of the stones and she decided to go with complete removal the first time.  Apparently, one of those stones can slip out of your gall bladder, block your bile duct and kill you.

That's what I experienced, without the death part of the equation, mind you. I got myself into hospital pretty early (and that was painful as hell, all ready. I can't imagine why anyone would hesitate given that experience) and they removed a couple of stones. The organ itself is gonna go, too, but I have some concerns about that given the impact it could have on how the body processes fat. Working with food, it's a little difficult for me to imagine those sorts of constraints. Any sort of constraints.

Eh. We'll see.

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/12_gallbladder.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#24 2013-03-11 13:16:02

Taint wrote:

The organ itself is gonna go, too, but I have some concerns about that given the impact it could have on how the body processes fat. Working with food, it's a little difficult for me to imagine those sorts of constraints. Any sort of constraints.

Not to worry.  My wife notices zero difference.  So long as you keep the KFC chicken and BBQ ribs to reasonable portions, you will be just fine.

#25 2013-03-11 22:14:14

I find that a Pepcid™ takes care of even the most ill-advised culinary adventures.  I was surprised at how lackadaisical the hospital staff were when I asked about changes to my diet:  the consensus was, "none, really."

Board footer

cruelery.com