#51 2013-09-02 21:50:19

Bend the shaft.  That's the redneck fix for all them there strut things that hold car hoods up, new ones cost money.

#52 2013-09-02 22:09:54

hedgewizard wrote:

Bend the shaft.  That's the redneck fix for all them there strut things that hold car hoods up, new ones cost money.

What makes you think I've gone all redneck again?

https://cruelery.com/uploads/11_rural.jpg

Yes that is a chicken and yes that is the main street through town...

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#53 2013-09-02 23:11:00

Emmeran wrote:

https://cruelery.com/uploads/11_rural.jpg

Yes that is a chicken and yes that is the main street through town...

Well, the ice biz isn't what it used to be.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#54 2013-09-03 16:14:12

Emmeran wrote:

OK - I now acknowledge  ...

Relax Jarhead.

#55 2013-09-04 11:16:25

So the local township needs some systems upgrades done - servers, networks, etc.   Being the nice and currently bored guy that I am I offer up my services pro bono, hell I can do it all and have been doing so for decades.  I tend to avoid coding for the most part but anything outside of that I can handle particularly at the level we need with only 30 workstations.

They hold the town hall meeting turn down my offer of free labor annnnd decide to pay "Larry the Computer Guy" to convert an old tower into a server...

(I love small town politics)

#56 2013-09-04 12:20:00

Emmeran wrote:

So the local township needs some systems upgrades done - servers, networks, etc.   Being the nice and currently bored guy that I am I offer up my services pro bono, hell I can do it all and have been doing so for decades.  I tend to avoid coding for the most part but anything outside of that I can handle particularly at the level we need with only 30 workstations.

They hold the town hall meeting turn down my offer of free labor annnnd decide to pay "Larry the Computer Guy" to convert an old tower into a server...

Imagine that, somebody whom is not totally enamored with your constant blah, blah. Why don't you put on your best pumps, march down there and give them a piece of your mind?

Mayhaps you should let them read this thread, then they will surely want you(a stranger who has already allegedly had a run in with the law) to do their upgrades and have access to their secure information.

You need to go get some help, man. Your narcissism is past the cute stage and is diving right into creepy. Get help dude, before you are on fucking disability and become one more douche on the list of people I pay for.

#57 2013-09-04 12:43:42

Bigcat wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Imagine that, somebody whom is not totally enamored with your constant blah, blah. Why don't you put on your best pumps, march down there and give them a piece of your mind?

Mayhaps you should let them read this thread, then they will surely want you(a stranger who has already allegedly had a run in with the law) to do their upgrades and have access to their secure information.

You need to go get some help, man. Your narcissism is past the cute stage and is diving right into creepy. Get help dude, before you are on fucking disability and become one more douche on the list of people I pay for.

Nice troll

#58 2013-09-04 12:44:35

Emmeran wrote:

Rhode Island is our only rival in the nation's provincial clearing house sweepstakes. I made the same offer you describe when I moved back here more than a decade ago and got exactly the same response. Stick around long enough, you'll learn the true joy of town meeting is ridiculing and humbling the same pantload neighbors.

Note, though, you live in a town, not a township, borough or parish. Townships as originally construed are confined to NJ and PA.

#59 2013-09-04 13:02:21

Emmeran wrote:

Bigcat wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Nice troll

When somebody isn't blown away by your epic adventures, they are a troll. Got it. Loser.

#60 2013-09-04 13:27:39

or you could just ignore the thread and not be a troll - suit yourself.

#61 2013-09-04 13:41:24

choad wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Rhode Island is our only rival in the nation's provincial clearing house sweepstakes. I made the same offer you describe when I moved back here more than a decade ago and got exactly the same response. Stick around long enough, you'll learn the true joy of town meeting is ridiculing and humbling the same pantload neighbors.

Note, though, you live in a town, not a township, borough or parish. Townships as originally construed are confined to NJ and PA.

Well, with 30 years in IT and designing systems and I've experienced similar things.  The reason is pretty simple, really.... if the Town pays for something they have recourse - i.e. a legal liability on the servicing agent to provide satisfaction for moneys conveyed... and if they get it for free there's no recourse if it's screwed up (even if it's left worse than before the 'volunteer' started).

#62 2013-09-04 13:45:38

Emmeran wrote:

or you could just ignore the thread and not be a troll - suit yourself.

I can't, it's like trying not to look at a car wreck.

#63 2013-09-04 15:40:46

whosasailorthen wrote:

choad wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Well, with 30 years in IT and designing systems and I've experienced similar things.  The reason is pretty simple, really.... if the Town pays for something they have recourse - i.e. a legal liability on the servicing agent to provide satisfaction for moneys conveyed... and if they get it for free there's no recourse if it's screwed up (even if it's left worse than before the 'volunteer' started).

That is a very good point which I embarrassingly failed to consider.  This may then require some creative invoicing wherein payment would be reversed to a charitable contribution, any opinion on that approach?

#64 2013-09-04 17:31:04

Whatever you do, don't accept the fact that they don't want you to do it.

#65 2013-09-04 18:16:16

The fact is that it is still my tax dollars at play, I'm not going to be a pollywog in the face of a little bit of resistance.  If I'm going to make this my home town for the next decade or so I'm going to stand up and do what's right.  Bait me as much as you like, you've not added anything remotely positive to the conversation and as a matter of fact seem to be encouraging me to allow local government to waste taxpayer dollars. 

I expect you will then turn around and complain about government waste; well change starts local and it takes effort.  So while I sit in boring ass committee meetings and you chortle on the sideline - at least I'm trying motherfucker.  Let's put it this way, we have volunteer firemen and paramedics, even volunteer cops; why the hell can't we have volunteer IT guys?  Come on Big Cat, think before you speak.

#66 2013-09-04 18:30:14

Emmeran wrote:

Come on Big Cat, think before you speak.

Jesus! You don't ask for much, do you?

#67 2013-09-04 19:03:46

Emmeran wrote:

If I'm going to make this my home town for the next decade or so I'm going to stand up and do what's right.

Do what's fun first and foremost but consider the law of unintended consequences. In my case, that meant watching the town piss away more than $100,000 of local tax revenue just to shut me up. The only one amused was me.

#68 2013-09-04 21:11:25

choad wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

If I'm going to make this my home town for the next decade or so I'm going to stand up and do what's right.

Do what's fun first and foremost but consider the law of unintended consequences. In my case, that meant watching the town piss away more than $100,000 of local tax revenue just to shut me up. The only one amused was me.

Hey - why do you think I'm doing this?

#69 2013-09-04 22:25:00

Emmeran wrote:

The fact is that it is still my tax dollars at play, I'm not going to be a pollywog in the face of a little bit of resistance.  If I'm going to make this my home town for the next decade or so I'm going to stand up and do what's right.  Bait me as much as you like, you've not added anything remotely positive to the conversation and as a matter of fact seem to be encouraging me to allow local government to waste taxpayer dollars. 

I expect you will then turn around and complain about government waste; well change starts local and it takes effort.  So while I sit in boring ass committee meetings and you chortle on the sideline - at least I'm trying motherfucker.  Let's put it this way, we have volunteer firemen and paramedics, even volunteer cops; why the hell can't we have volunteer IT guys?  Come on Big Cat, think before you speak.

Think before I speak?

Have you considered that you came rolling into town unknown, were arrested within your first few days there and don't even have a fucking job? If you would have been ordered to do community service you would be bitching about the unfairness of it all.  Does that play out like somebody you would want to be involved in your projects? I am not baiting you at all, I just wonder what has happened to you over the last year or so. I used to enjoy your comments very much but now you just blather on about yourself and it is pathetic.

Have you considered the possibility that the IT guy they want to do the job is a long standing member of the community and has a right to fair trade? You expect him to have to compete with you while you are willing to work for free because you don't have anything else to do? Pull your head from your ass.

I don't have time to sit in boring assed committee meetings, I own two businesses. I hardly even have time to stop by here and give you a bunch of shit. Also, I dare you to find one comment I have ever made concerning government waste. Know why? Cause I don't give a fuck.

#70 2013-09-04 23:45:25

I am glad to hear that you are too busy to take part in local governance, this bodes well for you and your personal endeavors.  I truly hope business keeps picking up for you and your every effort meets with success.

I am making every effort to integrate myself with this new town I live in and that includes minor involvement in local governance; it's just good common sense.  Adapting to a new locality so very far from home takes effort, however I promised Melons I would do my best and so I am.  I'm sorry you can't understand that however that is your cross to carry and not mine; I've got enough shit to deal with right now.

As far as being arrested for DUI (or OUI if you will), that wasn't in this town and doesn't reflect on my standing here.  I will have my day in court come of it what may.

What has happened over the last year is a complete life change, I made it very clear earlier that this had become a personal rant thread.  I'm sorry you don't like it but this is one of the safest places for a professional to have a bit of a rant about life.  Please avoid this thread if it offends you, I don't ask you to weigh in on my comments.  I'm posting shit here in hopes of venting safely and avoiding public sites which could harm my long term professional career.  Many denizens of this fine site have weighed in with helpful and encouraging commentary, you seem determined to do the opposite.

I, myself, am trying to re-establish my world 3,000 miles away based on a wing and a prayer and the love of a wonderful lady.  It'll take a little work but I'll be just fine, I've hoed tougher rows in my time.  The Lady is worth it.

And you my friend can suck the warm shit right out of my ass.

#71 2013-09-05 06:29:12

Gosh, you brought a tear to my eye.

Also, I am plenty involved with local goings on. I employ 28 people as well as house over 40. I am the main tax source for the small town (yes Choad, township) that I live in

I don't know when this site changed from what it was- a place for sarcasm and ball busting- to what it is- facebook and sharing touching life stories- but it isn't fun anymore. people wonder why "so and so" isn't around anymore... Because twats like you want to turn it into an inspirational place where you can share your feelings and adventures.

I come here to bust balls because I can't do that in real life. If it offends YOU then grow a set of fucking nuts and try to have some fun with it or go cry into your shit stained pillow. That was why papa choad gave us this in the first place, right?

Last edited by Bigcat (2013-09-05 06:39:24)

#72 2013-09-05 06:38:24

Bigcat wrote:

I didn't know you liked sucking shit so much but that's actually just a turn of phrase, in all actuality you are not invited anywhere near my ass.

#73 2013-09-05 06:40:35

Emmeran wrote:

Bigcat wrote:

I didn't know you liked sucking shit so much but that's actually just a turn of phrase, in all actuality you are not invited anywhere near my ass.

I was editing my previous comment when you posted this.... That is the spirit in which I speak of!!! Bravo.

#74 2013-09-05 06:50:27

Also, I am plenty involved with local goings on. I employ 28 people as well as house over 40. I am the main tax source for the small town (yes Choad, township) that I live in

I don't know when this site changed from what it was- a place for sarcasm and ball busting- to what it is- facebook and sharing touching life stories- but it isn't fun anymore. people wonder why "so and so" isn't around anymore... Because twats like you want to turn it into an inspirational place where you can share your feelings and adventures.

I come here to bust balls because I can't do that in real life. If it offends YOU then grow a set of fucking nuts and try to have some fun with it or go cry into your shit stained pillow. That was why papa choad gave us this in the first place, right?

Last edited

#75 2013-09-05 07:01:38

Actually I view this more like the local pub; a place to hear great stories, bust someone's balls and even seek advice or commiseration from time to time.

Also people post pictures of hot chicks here - who doesn't like titties?

#76 2013-09-05 07:04:17

How the fuck do you house 40 people?  You got a harem or some such?

Let me introduce you to this concept called "Birth Control"

Last edited by Emmeran (2013-09-05 07:05:09)

#77 2013-09-05 07:08:18

Emmeran wrote:

How the fuck do you house 40 people?  You got a harem or some such?

Let me introduce you to this concept called "Birth Control"

I have 28 rental properties. Some are duplexes.

I sort of have a harem at the strip club but I have yet to get a stripper knocked up. ALWAYS USE A RUBBER WHEN DOINKING A STRIPPER. ALWAYS.

#78 2013-09-05 07:22:32

I've posted this on each of the boy's bedroom walls - cuz ya know boys will be stupid sometimes:

How to Prevent Rape

1.     No means No. Stop trying to convince her and go do something else, continuing is rape.

2.    Stop means Stop.  Stop immediately, get up and walk away, not stopping is rape.

3.    If she asks for a condom not using one is Rape.  In fact, use one regardless of what she says about birth control every time until you are ready to become a dad.

4.    She is legally allowed to change her mind even halfway through; continuing is rape.

5.    Don’t put drugs in people’s drinks.

6.    When you see someone walking on their own, leave them alone, don’t rape them.

7.    If you pull over to help someone whose car has broken down, remember not to rape them.

8.    If you are in an elevator and someone gets in, don’t rape them.

9.    When you encounter a person who is asleep, the safest course of action is to not rape them.

#79 2013-09-05 07:26:09

Emmeran wrote:

I've posted this on each of the boy's bedroom walls - cuz ya know boys will be stupid sometimes:

How to Prevent Rape

1.     No means No. Stop trying to convince her and go do something else, continuing is rape.

2.    Stop means Stop.  Stop immediately, get up and walk away, not stopping is rape.

3.    If she asks for a condom not using one is Rape.  In fact, use one regardless of what she says about birth control every time until you are ready to become a dad.

4.    She is legally allowed to change her mind even halfway through; continuing is rape.

5.    Don’t put drugs in people’s drinks.

6.    When you see someone walking on their own, leave them alone, don’t rape them.

7.    If you pull over to help someone whose car has broken down, remember not to rape them.

8.    If you are in an elevator and someone gets in, don’t rape them.

9.    When you encounter a person who is asleep, the safest course of action is to not rape them.

I agree with everything except #5 and #7

#80 2013-09-05 07:40:28

Eh - Melons made me put #7 in there.

and #4 is just fucked - there are plenty of bitches out there who live to give guys blue balls - but it's our current world and we have to deal with it.

Last edited by Emmeran (2013-09-05 07:42:05)

#81 2013-09-05 22:22:52

#7 isn't rape, it's just negotiating...

#82 2013-09-12 12:12:16

Emmeran wrote:

I should have taken my chair when I resigned from my job

I'm at wits end and ready to squander, bugger my finances. Lemme know where you turn.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/12/techn … ss&emc=rss

#83 2013-09-12 12:36:15

Good chairs are like silverware and refrigerators, you keep them for ten years or longer.  Hell most people keep them longer and use them more than their automobile, not a place to skimp.  Always buy good knives, good everyday silverware and, in the modern age, a very good desk chair.

How's it go?  "I'm not wealthy enough to buy cheap shoes."

**Edit: Anything worth it's weight comes with a no strings attached lifetime replacement warranty at no additional cost.**

Last edited by Emmeran (2013-09-12 12:38:21)

#84 2013-09-13 20:19:04

OK - freaky question time.  All of the bedrooms and the basement stair doors show a history of having hasps on the outside of the door; the sole exception is the master bedroom.  I can't help but find this to be a little bit freaky.  The master bedroom has a very beautiful and old lock on the inside; we don't have the key at this point and the teenaged boys know better than to barge in without declaration, there are no external lock indications on the master bedroom.

All paranoia aside, bedrooms and basement with a hasp on the internal door as if you wanted to lock something in?

Why the fuck would you do that?

#85 2013-09-13 21:51:56

Was it ever a rental?  If so, perhaps the rooms were locked off to prevent the renting party from entering.

#86 2013-09-13 23:31:30

whosasailorthen wrote:

Was it ever a rental?  If so, perhaps the rooms were locked off to prevent the renting party from entering.

Not to my knowledge (and research), which is why it's so freaky.  Single family residence with consistent history according to county records.

I'm having trouble generating logical conclusions in my head, Melons doesn't even want to consider the questions which is understandable for a lady.

#87 2013-09-14 17:04:09

Drop and give me twenty, Jarhead.

#88 2013-09-14 18:28:51

Done and done

#89 2013-09-14 20:27:29

HUA!

#90 2013-09-14 21:36:35

whosasailorthen wrote:

HUA!

Ooh-Rah bitch, you ain't talking to RangerX here.

#91 2013-09-15 15:38:03

You should know that Hooah was dropped by the Rangers once the rest of the Army started using it as a stock positive response to any question, order or general statement.

Fat fucking beret stealing leg sacks of shit can't leave anything alone....

#92 2013-09-15 16:23:30

Of course not, want to be elite but not willing to pay the price to get there; same story has played forever.

#93 2013-09-15 19:39:02

Emmeran wrote:

All paranoia aside, bedrooms and basement with a hasp on the internal door as if you wanted to lock something in?

Why the fuck would you do that?

My best friend growing up lived in a house like that. His older brother was a klepto and would steal anything not nailed down or locked up and pawn it 5 minutes later. But they had deadbolts, not hasps.

#94 2013-10-03 13:36:23

Just for BigCat:  Everyone out here keeps going on about winter but I've not seen a single vehicle with a block-heater plug to date.  I'm not sure if these folk know what cold really is, hell I've got all the windows in the house open and it's October...

(Now my boys who were born and raised in SoCal might have a bit of a surprise in store for them)

#95 2013-10-03 13:54:57

Emmeran wrote:

Just for BigCat:  Everyone out here keeps going on about winter but I've not seen a single vehicle with a block-heater plug to date.  I'm not sure if these folk know what cold really is, hell I've got all the windows in the house open and it's October...)

I spent yesterday in holey shirt and shorts on the bay in a kayak. 82 degrees, wind at 15kts, perfect summer day, not a cloud in the sky. And you're dead right. Prepare to laugh your ass off at our tard motorists when the weather turns nasty. NH's woodchucks are marginally better but only north of Concord.

Board footer

cruelery.com