#51 2018-04-25 15:27:04

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

Fuck General Motors, Firestone, Standard Oil, and others for their Streetcar Conspiracy.  Whether it's an urban legend or not.

Streetcars make a comeback

"Comeback" like as in the rest of the developed world since forever? Light rail and city trams are the backbone of most large urban zones in the first world.

Trolley's were the backbone of most rural towns as well, complete shysterism destroyed our infrastructure and our industry slowly followed suit.

#53 2018-11-12 12:43:33

I think gas is still the most efficient because it can be stored as gas until you need it for fuel.  Wind and Solar are about storing the electricity itself.

#54 2018-11-12 13:37:24

Baywolfe wrote:

I think gas is still the most efficient because it can be stored as gas until you need it for fuel.  Wind and Solar are about storing the electricity itself.

Gas is awesome because you can store it as a liquid (LGN/Propane).  Old Salt caves are being turned into massive ionic batteries - this shit is about to get real.

#55 2018-11-12 16:36:15

Emmeran wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

Gas is awesome because you can store it as a liquid (LGN/Propane).  Old Salt caves are being turned into massive ionic batteries - this shit is about to get real.

I know several companies have decided that if Elon can make a better battery, then they can make an even better one.

But we face the same conservative backlash that doesn't want to evolve.  The State of Texas is doing everything they can to discourage anything that doesn't lead to the consumption of oil or gas.

#57 2019-02-23 08:31:36

Baywolfe wrote:

I know several companies have decided that if Elon can make a better battery, then they can make an even better one.

But we face the same conservative backlash that doesn't want to evolve.  The State of Texas is doing everything they can to discourage anything that doesn't lead to the consumption of oil or gas.

https://cruelery.com/uploads/11_quant.jpg
~Click it~

Awesome if it works - I still can't imagine life without the corner fueling station (with bathrooms and hot coffee).

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

Last edited by Emmeran (2019-02-23 08:35:49)

Board footer

cruelery.com