#1 2020-02-23 22:04:11

Don't Take It Lightly:

#2 2020-02-24 11:26:26

What, nobody has an electric guitar and a bitchin' stack?

#3 2020-02-25 01:31:25

#4 2020-02-25 11:45:34

I still can't understand how regular old influenza can kill between 12,000 and 60,000 Americans every year and, yet, there is hardly a word on the news about it.

#5 2020-02-25 11:54:23

Baywolfe wrote:

I still can't understand how regular old influenza can kill between 12,000 and 60,000 Americans every year and, yet, there is hardly a word on the news about it.

At the doctor's yesterday for my wife's pre ops etc, my yearly check up etc.  Doctor and I discussed exactly this.

Wife was sitting in the lobby when some old dude came in and demanded a face mask... The media works folks!

#6 2020-02-25 11:55:38

Baywolfe wrote:

At the doctor's yesterday for my wife's pre ops etc, my yearly check up etc.  Doctor and I discussed exactly this.

Wife was sitting in the lobby when some old dude came in and demanded a face mask... The media works folks! They asked him if he was ill, which of course he wasn't, just frightened by Faux or CNN...

#7 2020-02-25 22:22:10

Baywolfe wrote:

To paraphrase Heath Ledger's Joker: nobody panics when things go according to plan, even if the plan is horrible.

#8 2020-03-02 19:02:26

https://cruelery.com/sidepic/us.china.png

~ click ~

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#9 2020-03-03 10:25:09

If we are going to put facial recognition cameras everywhere, how long before they include IR receptors in order to monitor your skin temperature? It wouldn't take 10 minutes to train an AI to detect sweaty skin over dry skin. Soon the horns will sound and the lights will flash and the robo-dispatched and driven quarantine van can be expedited to your location where you can be whisked away to a convenient disposal decontamination area. All in the name of "public safely"...

Last edited by GooberMcNutly (2020-03-03 10:25:41)

#10 2020-03-03 18:00:06

#11 2020-03-03 19:38:01

So, my son has come down with something, hot, headache, etc.

#12 2020-03-03 19:58:14

The Chinese Bat AIDS has brought my countrymens' priorities into stark relief.

The NSW public is being urged to remain calm and stop stockpiling toilet paper as the state's coronavirus cases continue to grow.

Premier Gladys Berejiklian told reporters the recent escalation in cases was concerning, but encouraged people to not panic.

"All of us should take the advice of the health experts, no doubt about it. But we should also go about our business and not panic, and that's the strongest message we can send," Ms Berejiklian said on Wednesday.

"It's really important for us to take a precautionary approach ... we've made sure we've put in place everything we can to contain the spread."

#13 2020-03-03 21:07:21

GooberMcNutly wrote:

If we are going to put facial recognition cameras everywhere, how long before they include IR receptors in order to monitor your skin temperature? It wouldn't take 10 minutes to train an AI to detect sweaty skin over dry skin. Soon the horns will sound and the lights will flash and the robo-dispatched and driven quarantine van can be expedited to your location where you can be whisked away to a convenient disposal decontamination area. All in the name of "public safely"...

There is an easier way, think local, act local.

Lanterns and signs warned motorists to drive straight through or submit to quarantine. Train passengers who disembarked were quarantined. “Any person may leave the county at his will; none may return except those who will go into voluntary quarantine,” said Hanson. Any violators would be be “dealt with to the fullest extent of the law, and to this we promise our personal attention”, he added.

#14 2020-03-03 21:17:59

SpacePuppy wrote:

So, my son has come down with something, hot, headache, etc.

Hmmm, probably just a touch of the flu. That is what I said to my colleague upon his return from a little trip last week. Didn't hear from him over the weekend, no news is good news right? Wrong, he was in the hospital in an induced comma to keep him alive after his vital signs crashed and was  admitted for more than a touch of the flu and some pneumonia. Turns out he had contracted good old American legionnaires disease. Now he is having trouble walking as his heart was toasted. Problem is he was doing the exact same job in the exact same place I am heading to next week. We have been at that place many times including after hurricanes devastated the infrastructure. But what is different now? And how do I walk slightly different to dodge that bullet.

#15 2020-03-04 04:44:56

Turns out he had contracted good old American legionnaires disease.

Philadelphian, even. Transmission is usually through improperly ventilated buildings and boats. Fabricate an excuse and stay ashore, ok?

#16 2020-03-04 09:58:35

Or get one of these.

They sent me a coupon!

#17 2020-03-04 16:57:40

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

Lanterns and signs warned motorists to drive straight through or submit to quarantine. Train passengers who disembarked were quarantined. “Any person may leave the county at his will; none may return except those who will go into voluntary quarantine,” said Hanson. Any violators would be be “dealt with to the fullest extent of the law, and to this we promise our personal attention”, he added.

That was mentioned in The Great Influenza.  It's a very good book about the 1918 Flu.

https://www.abebooks.com/Great-Influenz … MAEALw_wcB

#18 2020-03-04 21:50:19

hedgewizard wrote:

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

That was mentioned in The Great Influenza.  It's a very good book about the 1918 Flu.

https://www.abebooks.com/Great-Influenz … MAEALw_wcB

Anyone needing a quasi-fresh sample?

Board footer

cruelery.com