#1 2017-08-10 20:19:20

https://www.gq.com/story/solar-eclipse-sex

I took eclipse day off, but not necessarily to get laid. Could happen, though.  I should buy a lottery ticket, too.

#2 2017-08-11 11:48:58

I look forward to greeting our eclipse conceived Overlords.

#3 2017-08-11 12:13:14

To say the eclipse is over hyped is an understatement, I've been through these before. It will get dark, and then a short while later it will get light again. That's all.

To my view it's a lot like watching an odometer and waiting for the exact moment when it hits 999,999. Sure; it's kind of a cool rare moment, but it's not really worth dragging out the camera gear or calling the neighbors. You knew from a long way off it was coming, and the significance in the event is exactly zero.

Call me a cynic about this one. The path of total darkness is pretty near me. I would not drive across town to be in it.

#4 2017-08-11 14:16:31

Smudge wrote:

To say the eclipse is over hyped is an understatement, I've been through these before. It will get dark, and then a short while later it will get light again. That's all.

To my view it's a lot like watching an odometer and waiting for the exact moment when it hits 999,999. Sure; it's kind of a cool rare moment, but it's not really worth dragging out the camera gear or calling the neighbors. You knew from a long way off it was coming, and the significance in the event is exactly zero.

Call me a cynic about this one. The path of total darkness is pretty near me. I would not drive across town to be in it.

I have to agree.  The volcano cloud of blue/purple sun (St. Helen's) was an event I'll never forget, nor the silence of the falling ash.  Eclipses in my life span have been a bit over played.  That being said, why try to poo-poo something others haven't had; why minimize what may be a once in a life time thing.  The clock ticks on all of us, you really can't just wait for another. 
Celebrate the moments which are offered to you.

#5 2017-08-11 15:35:54

Board footer

cruelery.com