#1 2010-11-26 17:56:44

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld … full.story

Gee I wonder why a group of the most testosterone fueled service memebers would feel this way:

Iraq veteran Miguel Jimenez, 37, a staff sergeant who left the Marine Corps in 2008, said he would have been uncomfortable having an openly gay man in the Marine unit he led. His Marines often spent the night in their armored vehicle, he said, changing their clothes and sleeping within inches of each other.

Of course the LA Times can't get their facts straight:

The Corps is the youngest, smallest and arguably the most tight-knit of the enlisted forces, with many of its roughly 200,000 members hailing from small towns and rural areas in the South.

Of course the world marches on...

Marines say privately they know the policy is on its way out, adding that the older officers will take it harder than the younger ones who have grown up in a more open society.

and finally...

Amos also pointed out that the Marine Corps has a policy of two Marines per room on base, unlike other military branches.

This reflects my stand on the fiscal waste brought on by the inclusion of women in the service, we aren't throwing away money to promote civic causes without improving our readiness.  Bottom line as a broke nation we are selling our independence down the river because we promote inclusion with demands.

(Yes I know it's a little bit off topic, but applies nonetheless)

Last edited by Emmeran (2010-11-26 17:57:21)

#2 2010-11-26 18:36:17

Audio is out of synch....

Relevant portion at 4:45-6:20 if you don't get the auto-start.  Just add fag to the list.

#3 2010-11-27 04:36:34

Uh huh.
http://bluejacket.com/usmc/posters/post_usmc_want-action_ww2.jpg

#4 2010-11-27 11:43:05

They can put 4 per room in barracks.

Military guys are already changing their clothes in front of gays, stated or otherwise.

Last edited by taffy (2010-11-27 11:43:25)

#5 2010-11-27 13:55:47

taffy wrote:

They can put 4 per room in barracks.

Military guys are already changing their clothes in front of gays, stated or otherwise.

Actually they put 72 in room - however we have enough problems with young Marines bringing women into their rooms as it is (which will get you busted); we don't need guys having to worry about two of their roommates fudge packing each other.

#6 2010-11-27 20:51:13

Who's worrying? Getting a little trim never hurt the readiness of any Marine I ever heard from.

#7 2010-11-27 22:59:00

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Who's worrying? Getting a little trim never hurt the readiness of any Marine I ever heard from.

In fact it makes them even more ready the second time around, I've been told.

#8 2010-11-27 23:06:28

Why does the Navy transport Marines?

Sheep would be too obvious. Ba-da-dum! (Really, Emmy, you need to worry less about the homos. Considering how many of the loudest have turned out to be closet cases, it puts you in very bad company.)

#9 2010-11-28 01:51:06

Taint wrote:

Really, Emmy, you need to worry less about the homos. Considering how many of the loudest have turned out to be closet cases . . .

Fair enough.  Still, it does not excuse "Glee" from falling back on the most obvious plot non-twist.  I would quit that damned show were it not for the fact that they some-how still manage at least one decent episode per month.

Fine.  I read Gawker, and watch "Glee"; But, at least I am secure enough in my sexuality to admit as much.

#10 2010-11-28 02:22:35

Decadence wrote:

Taint wrote:

Really, Emmy, you need to worry less about the homos. Considering how many of the loudest have turned out to be closet cases . . .

Fair enough.  Still, it does not excuse "Glee" from falling back on the most obvious plot non-twist.  I would quit that damned show were it not for the fact that they some-how still manage at least one decent episode per month.

Fine.  I read Gawker, and watch "Glee"; But, at least I am secure enough in my sexuality to admit as much.

Hell, I don't watch "Glee" but I am an occasional imbiber of Gawker. Guilty pleasures, I suppose...

#11 2010-11-28 03:31:00

http://snsimages.tribune.com/media/photo/2010-11/57900701.jpg

"I'm just worried the queers will judge me by my wiener size."

#12 2010-11-28 17:07:44

I was waiting to see who would catch that one.

#13 2010-11-28 17:12:20

Taint wrote:

Really, Emmy, you need to worry less about the homos. Considering how many of the loudest have turned out to be closet cases, it puts you in very bad company.

Actually my argument is that homo's in the service is all good and fine since having sex on duty (or in the barracks) prohibited and enforced; rather that it is grossly unfair and hugely expensive to allow homo's to shower with the gender they are attracted to whilst preventing hetero's from doing the same.  Soo.... either the fags shower with the chicks and the Dykes shower with the guys or get rid of any and all gender distinction and get on with the job at hand.

#14 2010-11-28 18:07:00

Emmeran wrote:

Taint wrote:

Really, Emmy, you need to worry less about the homos. Considering how many of the loudest have turned out to be closet cases, it puts you in very bad company.

Actually my argument is that homo's in the service is all good and fine since having sex on duty (or in the barracks) prohibited and enforced; rather that it is grossly unfair and hugely expensive to allow homo's to shower with the gender they are attracted to whilst preventing hetero's from doing the same.  Soo.... either the fags shower with the chicks and the Dykes shower with the guys or get rid of any and all gender distinction and get on with the job at hand.

Since everyone is expected to behave like grownups, and presumably the majority of military men behave professionally, it shouldn't be a problem. You're forgetting, too, that there are plenty of men - gay and straight - who are remarkably uncomfortable showering with other men for whatever self-esteem or body or shyness issues they have.

Also, I'm not terribly clear on why having gay men shower with other men is more expensive. Are you suggesting that erstwhile straight men will use more soap and hot water waiting for another man to hit on them?

#15 2010-11-28 18:29:45

Emmeran wrote:

...  get rid of any and all gender distinction and get on with the job at hand.

https://cruelery.com/uploads/30_starship_troopers_shower_scene.jpg

The Bears.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

Last edited by MSG Tripps (2010-11-28 18:45:36)

Board footer

cruelery.com