#1 2011-08-07 20:17:45

This one seems to be a rather "close call".  I am inclined to go with troll based on "How can they be bones when they are made out of ROCKS?"  Still, having heard crazier exclaimed in all sincerity from "Fundies" . . .

My neighbor gave my 8-year-old toy dinosaurs.  What should I do?

#2 2011-08-07 20:56:39

No no, she has a point! Pancreatic cancer is also an evil plot by the devil to trick us because the Bible never mentions the pancreas. In fact, the Bible doesn't mention her neighbor either...... and we all know what THAT means!

#3 2011-08-07 23:02:06

I spent my teens in Florida where loons like this are common. When I was in high school, I was told both by fundy adults and teenagers that dinosaur bones were manufactured by Satan and his demons to lead us away from the truth.  One fundy even told me the bones were created by God to test our faith.  It's only been since then that a consensus has developed among fundies that Adam and Eve spent much of their time dinosaurback riding and that Noah's pet dinosaurs drowned during the Great Flood.

#4 2011-08-08 06:32:12

I would probably think "troll", if I didn't know a bunch of people like that.  I try not to associate with them as much as possible, because I don't want to get any batshit crazy on me.

#5 2011-08-08 08:57:16

It must be easy to be a fundi. Just think of all of the books you don't have to buy: Encyclopedia, news paper, history books, etc. And once you have memorized the bible, you never have to read another thing, ever. You will already know everything.

#6 2011-08-08 18:46:21

GooberMcNutly wrote:

It must be easy to be a fundi. Just think of all of the books you don't have to buy: Encyclopedia, news paper, history books, etc. And once you have memorized the bible, you never have to read another thing, ever. You will already know everything.

Memory isn't a useful thing for a fundie, except for keeping track of slights, insults and grudges since they are so big on retribution. As proof, consider that dinosaurs are in fact mentioned in the Bible, and in the first pages at that. All you need to be a fundie is enough neediness and low self-esteem to buy into whatever bullshit Preacherman spouts without regard to logic or evidence. Bonus points are given if you are  looking directly at something that Preacherman convinces you doesn't exist.

#7 2011-08-10 00:49:16

Fid

Tall Paul wrote:

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Memory isn't a useful thing for a fundie, except for keeping track of slights, insults and grudges since they are so big on retribution. As proof, consider that dinosaurs are in fact mentioned in the Bible, and in the first pages at that. All you need to be a fundie is enough neediness and low self-esteem to buy into whatever bullshit Preacherman spouts without regard to logic or evidence. Bonus points are given if you are  looking directly at something that Preacherman convinces you doesn't exist.

Oh, well put...

Board footer

cruelery.com