#51 2012-11-06 20:45:06

Roger_That wrote:

I voted for your mom.

My mom in FLA sent me this:

Em's Mom wrote:

Well Black Panthers out in PA,  GOP officials kept from polls,  machines not working properly,  (how about going back to paper ballots, seems like we might not lose info that way.)  I think the UN may well have been warned ahead of time, they may have good reason to want to monitor our polls.

I hear the blacks down here, it is ugly,  If Mitt wins,, there will be riots. Obama was giving cell phones out to blacks who came to some of his rallies. Lots of freebies to his followers. Maybe only here in the smaller towns, it might prove way too costly in the big cities.  Even the even tempered blacks at work are fired up, violence is right below the surface, and politics are not allowed at work.  So there is nothing being said on the job, as that is a firing offense. 

Well Armageddon is drawing closer, perhaps I will live to see it.  Never thought I would, Thought it was a far off future event,  but I am beginning to wonder.  Maybe I should check my ammo supply.

It must be said that my mother was the Women's Jr. National Pistol Champ back in the day, dinner with Kennedy in the White House and all that; so although its 50 odd years come and gone the ammo statement is kind of accurate to a certain degree.

#52 2012-11-06 21:14:37

Ahhh, yes. The Black Panther (oooh scary) from Philadelphia. A friend of mine lived in Philly for a while. He sent me this email "haha that's the same guy from 2008. His name's Jerry. He's a janitor in the building where I worked. I think he's slow."

BE AFRAID

#53 2012-11-06 21:54:39

Em's Mom wrote:

I hear the blacks down here, it is ugly,  If Mitt wins,, there will be riots. Obama was giving cell phones out to blacks who came to some of his rallies. Lots of freebies to his followers. Maybe only here in the smaller towns, it might prove way too costly in the big cities.  Even the even tempered blacks at work are fired up, violence is right below the surface, and politics are not allowed at work.  So there is nothing being said on the job, as that is a firing offense. 

Well Armageddon is drawing closer, perhaps I will live to see it.  Never thought I would, Thought it was a far off future event,  but I am beginning to wonder.  Maybe I should check my ammo supply.

Em, What are you, the son of the Duke? I had no idea your mother was a Gonzo Journalist from the anti-matter universe.

https://cruelery.com/uploads/359_hst.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#54 2012-11-06 22:28:22

Roger_That wrote:

Fled wrote:

I just want to know where "away" is.

It's temporarily hidden with the dead bodies in the basement.

That's hot, what did you do to them with it?

#55 2012-11-06 23:47:29

Thank the fuck it's over.

#56 2012-11-07 00:33:39

Fun. I'm not familiar with your rituals. Do Phreddy and Sailor eat shit now?
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m29z2xPZDC1rtrhfao1_500.jpg

#57 2012-11-07 01:01:46

No.  We all become best buds, and wait another 4 years for the crazies to begin again...

#58 2012-11-07 01:33:11

Dmtdust wrote:

No.  We all become best buds, and wait another 4 years for the crazies to begin again...

No, we'll get to listen to conspiracy theories about how the election was stolen. After all, it is their turn now.

#59 2012-11-07 01:47:19

I like your version better.

#60 2012-11-07 01:53:05

#61 2012-11-07 05:21:48

Bigcat wrote:

opsec wrote:

I'm more concerned with picking a winner, so I voted for Queen Elizabeth again.

The Cruise Ship?

Yuck it up, she's still the Queen.  You idiots that supported Victoria wasted your votes.

#62 2012-11-07 08:45:39

One silver lining of last night's win:

http://news.yahoo.com/karl-rove-vs-fox- … itics.html

#63 2012-11-07 08:55:39

I watched Fox all night, it was pretty awesome.

#64 2012-11-07 11:16:45

XregnaR wrote:

One silver lining of last night's win:

http://news.yahoo.com/karl-rove-vs-fox- … itics.html

That was particularly delightful. You could almost hear him cry "I'm still relevant, dammit. I'm still relevant."

#65 2012-11-07 11:17:31

Licking wounds here.  I really thought the American public had better sense.  Republicans must get better at buying off igonrant folks and busing them to the polls.  I can't wait to find out where the stock market  will stop falling, what Obama has in store for aising our utility rates with a carbon tax, and what kind of deal he made with Putin that he can go ahead with now that he has more "flexibility".  America, you asked for it, here it comes.

#66 2012-11-07 11:24:02

Romney lost because he couldn't get enough distance between himself and the Right Wing Wack-jobs like Rove, Limbaugh and Phreddski.

#67 2012-11-07 12:54:53

The stock market drop is on par with fluctuations seen over the past several months.  While the election certainly had some part to play, it isn't everything when it comes to the economy.

#68 2012-11-07 13:09:43

OOH, YES. Let's do use the stock market as an index of a president's effectiveness.

http://norberthaupt.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/dow-jones1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Jp3aH.gif

#69 2012-11-07 15:15:10

phreddy wrote:

I can't wait to find out where the stock market  will stop falling, ...  America, you asked for it, here it comes.

The stock market loves President Barack Obama. With all its cheating heart, and all its mercenary soul.

More than that, actually — it adores him. The love story of Wall Street and Obama is a bromance like no other, a man-crush for the ages.

Despite his threats to soak the wealthy for more taxes, despite Fed Chairman’s attack on savers, despite even his threat to kill special treatment for dividends, institutional investors have thrown themselves at Obama’s feet as they have not done in the first term of any president in the past century.

You could look it up. The S&P 500 has gained 76% since his inauguration in January 2009, while the Nasdaq 100 is up 128%.

Compare that to the S&P 500’s 13% decline and the Nasdaq 100’s 45% wipeout in the first term of his predecessor, George W. Bush; or the mere 25% gain in the first term of conservative icon Ronald Reagan; or even the 60% gain in the halcyon early 1990s in the first term of Bill Clinton.

The staggering advance of the market is probably one of Obama’s greatest accomplishments, and yet, in a rich irony, political sensitivities prevent him from bragging about it.

The beauty part is that this was not a coincidence, beginner’s luck or a historical fluke.

The administration and the Federal Reserve run by his appointed chairman, Ben Bernanke, have systematically stuffed big banks’ pockets with cash in an unending rescue effort, slashed interest rates to the lowest levels of the past 300 years, diverted senior citizens’ savings to revive the moribund residential construction industry and showered drug makers and insurers with fresh sources of revenue from his health care overhaul.

Little wonder then that Wall Street cannot bear the idea of parting ways with the Obama administration, and thus in the past two months has thrown a tantrum to protest the surprising advancement of challenger Mitt Romney in the polls.

Now that the president has won a second term, you can expect most of the sectors that have benefited from the present administration to keep on rolling.

Come on Phred, you can do better, That was like shooting fish in a barrel. Don't let it knock you off your game.

#70 2012-11-07 15:19:59

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

Come on Phred, you can do better, That was like shooting fish in a barrel. Don't let it knock you off your game.

Someone must've sent him a MA medicinal weed sample.

#71 2012-11-07 15:48:39

After reading the MA legislation I am not sure it could stand interference from the Feds. Like RI it does not sufficiently insulate the state gov workers who are required by statue to administer licencing, registration databases and oversight. Nor does it require the State gov to implement it anyway if the Feds object and threaten interference. Because of this there have been no widespread distribution centers opened in the east though legalization happened years ago in 6 states. If not mistaken I think the first test one opened in NJ just this summer and serves only a small local population.

It seems CO and the not approved OR legislation had better provision. Including interesting requirements that the state use the new tax revenue to develop legal challenges to Fed interference. It seems you need to carefully write the law so regulation can be administered in an insulated way. For all its shortcomings, CA's Prop 215 language super-ceded the state's ability to regulate or interfere. As such the Feds have had no way to shut down implementation like they have in states where the government is required to administer approval and the process.

But hey at least MA does allow for the people or their designated caregiver to grow as long as they can prove to the state it would be a hardship to access or just too far to reasonably  travel to a state approved distribution center. But what is a 60 day supply anyways? The law can not be implemented till the state issues a determination. No guidance to be provided.

But does that mean a group of patients can appoint the same caregiver like in CA? Forming a co-op that is not one of the 35 non profit distribution centers? Questions remain. The law is messy. I am surprised it passed. Still I am happy my town voted 79% for it. Most of the state was 65% or more pro.

Last edited by Johnny_Rotten (2012-11-07 16:59:46)

#72 2012-11-07 15:51:02

If the Republicans could put their finger on one single reason why they lost this election it's this: They are not funny enough.

Let someone from the GOP make a tiny slip of the lip, strike an unflattering pose or get caught laughing and 10 minutes later it's memed all over Facebook and the punchline of all the late night comedians.

Next time they would do better giving Photoshop classes and pointing out http://diylol.com/ to the rank and file instead of actually looking up facts to debate about.

#73 2012-11-07 17:36:16

phreddy wrote:

Licking wounds here.  I really thought the American public had better sense.  Republicans must get better at buying off igonrant folks and busing them to the polls.  I can't wait to find out where the stock market  will stop falling, what Obama has in store for aising our utility rates with a carbon tax, and what kind of deal he made with Putin that he can go ahead with now that he has more "flexibility".  America, you asked for it, here it comes.

No Phred, you asked for it, and there it is. I'm sorry to bring it up, since everything is supposed to be rainbow colored ponies today, but pandering to igonrance won't get you much outside of Alabama. If Romney hadn't had to swerve so hard to the right to win the primaries he would probably be sitting at home in his magic underwear accepting congratulations today. Why couldn't he have just come out at the first debate of twenty, looked around the dais and proclaimed that he felt as if he were drowning in a sea of bat-shit crazy on the shores of Washed-up Assholesville? He could have said "I'm a centrist, just like the President, but I have more experience and better ideas and here they are, along with 15 years of tax returns," but he didn't. He chose to identify himself as 'severely conservative', salute the ravings of Santorum and Bachmann, and put his campaign on the same level as Herman Cain's book tour.

I agree that there is much in American policies and politics that needs to change, but putting Richie Rich on a stump to deny reality at the top of his lungs isn't the way to go about it.

#74 2012-11-07 19:01:11

phreddy wrote:

I voted against the cocksuckers that have hijacked the Republican Party including the Chairman of the RNC.  I was a Reagan, and even a Bush Republican, but I cannot stomach the Republican Party's ass-kissing of the Religious Right and the completely fucking idiotic Tea Party people.

Let's hope this is lessons learned, and they steer away from that bullshit.

#75 2012-11-07 20:06:06

Baywolfe wrote:

Let's hope this is lessons learned, and they steer away from that bullshit.

If you're talking about the tea party, you're hoping for a rational reaction from a group of people whose success is due to their irrationality.

On the other hand, Boehner--one of the sane ones--seems to be fed up with the tea party "hey, let's toss a wrench in here and see what happens" bullshit. At a press conference today he put some stuff on the table he'd be willing to compromise about.

#76 2012-11-07 20:51:21

Ah, I missed the party.  I voted weeks ago, then drove little Feisty around to see all the craziness surrounding election day.  Then I spent all election night freaking out until the lesser of the evils won.

#77 2012-11-08 03:59:22

Drunk, fat, right wing Republican, future cat lady(?), has a total breakdown on election night.

#78 2012-11-08 10:19:54

fnord wrote:

Drunk, fat, right wing Republican, future cat lady(?), has a total breakdown on election night.

Is a butter shot what it sounds like? If so, betwenn the ciggies and drinking butter, she prolly won't be around for the next election.

#79 2012-11-08 12:27:27

phreddy wrote:

Republicans must get better at buying off igonrant folks and busing them to the polls.

Like I was sayin'.

#80 2012-11-08 12:38:51

So they're going to send you a check?

#81 2012-11-08 13:55:27

phreddy wrote:

phreddy wrote:

Republicans must get better at buying off igonrant folks and busing them to the polls.

Like I was sayin'.

West Philly neighborhoods not part of Penn U, Yeadon  and Chester are the most unintegrated ghettos I have ever been in within the US. Even towns in South Carolina and Georgia have more diversity. Not implausible that only 55 of 10000 would bother to  vote for Romney.

Last edited by Johnny_Rotten (2012-11-08 13:58:01)

#82 2012-11-08 18:01:50

I imagine there are plenty of districts in Alabama or Idaho that went 99% Romney.

#83 2012-11-08 18:58:14

ah297900 wrote:

I imagine there are plenty of districts in Alabama or Idaho that went 99% Romney.

Possibly even Utah....

#84 2012-11-08 19:16:48

It always gets back to race.  Such BS.

#85 2012-11-08 19:31:50

sic

fnord wrote:

That was fracking brilliant!  Maybe because I chose to push play after my first Juan Hitter, and I have a dvr to pause what other visual stimuli I had at the same time, but the 24 minutes spent with that rant was worth it.  Spoiler alert:  Most of the vid is sound only.  However, the times the camera comes on and out-of-focus, but still recognizable are her tv, monitor, beer, smokes, what at first glance you think "vibrator?," but realize it is only the remote.  By the end of the soliloquy, you are glad that (a) you never see the face of the voice and (b) that is not a vibrator, but rather only the remote...I will heed the sage advice on the aforementioned video and "...Stay the fuck away from [her], and "...get the fuck off the internet."

#86 2012-11-08 19:37:20

Dmtdust wrote:

It always gets back to race.  Such BS.

Making hate waves where there are none and rousing your partisans to fight all other tribes is prehistoric BS at that.

#88 2012-11-08 21:25:05

BEHOLD your new/same overlord:

#89 2012-11-08 21:27:25

I've never understood why so many White People approve of or participate in expressions of dislike/hate/contempt for White People as a group.  It's possible to enjoy the misery of Romney's supporters without engaging in self-hate for one's own race.

#90 2012-11-08 22:08:57

fnord wrote:

I've never understood why so many White People approve of or participate in expressions of dislike/hate/contempt for White People as a group.  It's possible to enjoy the misery of Romney's supporters without engaging in self-hate for one's own race.

Your racism clouds the actual intent. I suspect there aren't that many self-loathing white people. There are, however, plenty of people who are making fun of their peers for ridiculous political views.

#93 2012-11-08 23:38:39

Sounds like an 11-year-old who didn't get his way. Pathetic.

#94 2012-11-09 08:42:59

Much like all the hype around the legalization votes in CO & WA, I will believe it's the apocalypse when I see it.  In the meantime, I have cosmoline, powder, primers & projectiles.

Board footer

cruelery.com