#1 2020-02-09 07:52:03

...or Chicago where our favorite barista studied economics?

Last edited by JetRx (2020-02-09 08:06:06)

#2 2020-02-09 10:46:17

I'll do you one better...

“We should do away with the absolutely specious notion that everybody has to earn a living. It is a fact today that one in ten thousand of us can make a technological breakthrough capable of supporting all the rest. The youth of today are absolutely right in recognizing this nonsense of earning a living. We keep inventing jobs because of this false idea that everybody has to be employed at some kind of drudgery because, according to Malthusian Darwinian theory he must justify his right to exist. So we have inspectors of inspectors and people making instruments for inspectors to inspect inspectors. The true business of people should be to go back to school and think about whatever it was they were thinking about before somebody came along and told them they had to earn a living.”

― Buckminster Fuller

#3 2020-02-10 17:15:14

Baywolfe wrote:

I'll do you one better...

“We should do away with the absolutely specious notion that everybody has to earn a living. It is a fact today that one in ten thousand of us can make a technological breakthrough capable of supporting all the rest. The youth of today are absolutely right in recognizing this nonsense of earning a living. We keep inventing jobs because of this false idea that everybody has to be employed at some kind of drudgery because, according to Malthusian Darwinian theory he must justify his right to exist. So we have inspectors of inspectors and people making instruments for inspectors to inspect inspectors. The true business of people should be to go back to school and think about whatever it was they were thinking about before somebody came along and told them they had to earn a living.”

― Buckminster Fuller

No wonder Khrushchev once said BMF was the smartest person he'd ever met...or something to that effect. Kindred Kloset Kommies I suppose.   

Regardless, due to an innate abhorrence of deadbeats and government, I'll be going waaaaaaay long on wealth preservation.  Ammo & canned goods aside, been prepin' for "heat death of the universe" and subsequent reassemblage of my constituent parts (via quantum entanglement) whereupon the "unconfiscated" fruits of my labor, evidently,  may still be enjoyed.   

#4 2020-02-11 10:32:25

60% of all jobs will be replaced by automation within 20 years.  And not just the shit jobs, there will come a time when you'll demand the computer AI surgeon over the human one, where cars, buses, trains, and airplanes will will no longer need human drivers.  Wealth will eventually become meaningless and you don't have enough resources to outlast the conversion.  This is the next Revolution and it will again be "Join or Die".

#5 2020-02-11 11:33:27

As much as BMF is my guiding spirit in all things Engineering, he has no clue what a shit show it would be if 90% of the population suddenly didn't have anything to keep them occupied all day long.

#6 2020-02-11 11:57:22

GooberMcNutly wrote:

As much as BMF is my guiding spirit in all things Engineering, he has no clue what a shit show it would be if 90% of the population suddenly didn't have anything to keep them occupied all day long.

https://cruelery.com/sidepic/ere.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#7 2020-02-11 12:06:32

GooberMcNutly wrote:

They have the glass teat, what more do they need?

Board footer

cruelery.com