#1 2007-11-02 05:20:38

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2007/nov/01/research

"It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD."

#2 2007-11-02 05:32:32

One of the most gruesome experiments to make New Scientist's list was performed by the Soviet surgeon Vladimir Demikhov. In 1954 he unveiled a two-headed dog, created in the lab by grafting the head, shoulders and front legs of a puppy on to the neck of a German shepherd dog.

Well, okay, this one makes sense to me; But, why wouldn't he have grafted on a few extra asses whilst he was at it?

#3 2007-11-02 11:42:04

And a hat for every one.

#4 2007-11-02 14:35:11

pALEPHx wrote:

And a hat for every one.

Aleph, if you are going to claim that a post is an asshat, you have to provide a link to the earlier post/thread...If you can't do that, at the very least give some supporting evidence for your accusation ("I remember sofa posting this").  Otherwise, see, it doesn't stick.

#5 2007-11-02 14:45:41

sic

George Orr wrote:

pALEPHx wrote:

And a hat for every one.

Aleph, if you are going to claim that a post is an asshat, you have to provide a link to the earlier post/thread...If you can't do that, at the very least give some supporting evidence for your accusation ("I remember sofa posting this").  Otherwise, see, it doesn't stick.

Additionally, I believe the original post was on that other site that no longer exists...ummmm...Drool or something or other...I think there was an amnesty for Hats as well that appeared on that Stool site and then repeated here.

Still fun to read about trippin' phants though...

#6 2007-11-02 18:58:39

sic wrote:

I think there was an amnesty for Hats as well that appeared on that Stool site and then repeated here.

My apologies to you and George. I must've missed the "Amnesty Thread" when I attempted to View New Posts one day. Just don't tell me this means we'll be uncorking Bonsai Kitten, or setting the Lightsabre Slob loose on the world again.

http://www.xmere.com/forums/uploads/highstreet/bonsai_porcupine.gif

#7 2007-11-02 19:03:00

Actually, we had a asshats thread going for a while to post just such dinosaurs.  It sunk into ennui I guess.

#8 2007-11-02 19:29:14

opsec wrote:

Actually, we had a asshats thread going for a while to post just such dinosaurs.  It sunk into ennui I guess.

Bumped.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#9 2007-11-02 19:54:35

opsec wrote:

It sunk into ennui I guess.

Yeah, I replied in that, but only see 'amnesty' suggested. We needn't quibble.

Recollection of 1962 experiment with LSD-doped elephants = Not 'choice.'

Contemporary reproduction of said experiment, with pics and YouTube vid = Choice.

Sadly, it's not happening, due to persnickety ethics considerations, but if someone would like to take a blowgun to the local zoo, I'm all for watching the merriment ensue. Wouldn't be a lot more amusing to dart a tiger during feeding time?

Board footer

cruelery.com