• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » I've got Moldy, yes I do. I've got Moldy, how bout you?

#1 2007-11-06 11:50:42

http://www.wyff4.com/news/14488356/detail.html

Jason and Kerri Brown of Greenville found a secret room in their home behind a bookcase, and what was inside was a nightmare beyond their wildest dreams.

The secret room in the old mill home on Whitten Street in Greenville's Dunean section contained a handwritten letter from the previous owner titled, "You Found It!"

"Hello. If you're reading this, then you found the secret room. I owned this house for a short while and it was discovered to have a serious mold problem. One that actually made my children very sick to the point that we had to move out," Kerri Brown read from the letter.

#2 2007-11-06 15:01:48

Damn. I thought this was about a cheerleader with a yeast infection.

#3 2007-11-06 22:12:12

There's big money in mold,  it's the "Toxin Du Jour"  The law firm I work for handles this kind of stuff,  construction defects, mold, asbestos defense (that's our cash cow)  Since a lot of the asbestos claims are dwindling, the firm has been branching out into more pedestrian insurance defense.  People who trip and fall and sue everyone from the city to the business that happens to be inhabiting the building at the location.  The most entertaining cases are the pro se ones.  It's usually some lunatic representing themselves...very entertaining.  Unfortunately, these are the cases that tie up the courts and raise your insurance premiums.  Thankfully, there aren't that many.

Last edited by Lurker (2007-11-06 22:12:38)

#4 2007-11-07 00:04:40

I heard the real money's in guano.

• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » I've got Moldy, yes I do. I've got Moldy, how bout you?

Board footer

cruelery.com