#2 2009-06-24 16:41:20

I call bullshit.  You have reproductively isolated populations living at different elevations and eating different stuff.  There are too many un-controlled variables other than temperature.  And a 1.5X increase?  Give me a fucking break.

#3 2009-06-24 17:02:42

Yeah, this sounds like someone fucked up a decimal point somewhere in the calculations, and phoQ is right -- there is no consideration of whether habitats are more fragmented in warmer climates, or if temperate or cold climate species tend to migrate and form heterogenous breeding populations.

#4 2009-06-24 17:09:07

phoQ wrote:

I call bullshit.  You have reproductively isolated populations living at different elevations and eating different stuff.  There are too many un-controlled variables other than temperature.  And a 1.5X increase?  Give me a fucking break.

True but that's academic entropy for you. Incidentally, does Jeremy Rifkin still live in Berkley? (ducking;-)

#5 2009-06-24 20:40:18

choad wrote:

phoQ wrote:

True but that's academic entropy for you. Incidentally, does Jeremy Rifkin still live in Berkley? (ducking;-)

What's that Choad, a FUCKING EMOTICON?

Now you've done it.  I understand Georgette is cleaning her 12 gauge at this point...

Last edited by Dmtdust (2009-06-24 20:41:08)

#6 2009-06-24 22:19:19

choad wrote:

Jeremy Rifkin!  Gaahhh!  I’m green, and I still think he’s a tool.  I worked for someone who had epic battles with him in the ‘80s.  Currently, the most notable local douche is torture memo author John Yoo.

#7 2009-06-24 23:48:47

phoQ wrote:

choad wrote:

Jeremy Rifkin!  Gaahhh!  I’m green, and I still think he’s a tool.  I worked for someone who had epic battles with him in the ‘80s.

Ahh, good times.

John Yoo, at least, will hang by his nuts some day.

Board footer

cruelery.com