#1 2009-07-20 15:33:25

So many quotes from this one, I just don't know where to begin.  It's long but it's worth every minute.

Last edited by Emmeran (2009-07-20 15:36:07)

#2 2009-07-21 01:54:02

The FDA is scrutinizing the safety of an asthma drug!?

#3 2009-07-21 04:28:49

I would guess he’s a member in good standing of his local militia and ready to put fear in the hearts of the GODLESS BABY GAY WHALES who threaten THE AMERICAN WAY OF LIFE.

#4 2009-07-21 07:22:44

fnord wrote:

I would guess he’s a member in good standing of his local militia and ready to put fear in the hearts of the GODLESS BABY GAY WHALES who threaten THE AMERICAN WAY OF LIFE.

Yep. Gotta get rid of those guns so we can be safe, like the people of Chicago and New York!

#5 2009-07-21 09:46:39

ptah13 wrote:

fnord wrote:

Yep. Gotta get rid of those guns so we can be safe, like the people of Chicago and New York!

I was commenting on the fact that this guy is nuttier than a fruitcake, not putting down the 2nd amendment or the average gun owner who hunts or keeps a gun to protect his family.

#6 2009-07-21 11:23:09

I'd love to have an AK-47. The reactions I get from my fellow San Franciscans when I let it drop I own an SKS, a 30.06, and .45-70 are priceless, especially when they know what a bleeding heart liberal I am.

#7 2009-07-21 11:40:42

fnord wrote:

ptah13 wrote:

fnord wrote:

I was commenting on the fact that this guy is nuttier than a fruitcake, not putting down the 2nd amendment or the average gun owner who hunts or keeps a gun to protect his family.

Odd, because all this guy is doing is advocating keeping a gun to protect his family.

Did you actually watch the interview? This guy kicks the shit out of the CNN anchor better than most politicians.

Sure, I think some of his religulous comments are silly, but he's damn-straight when it comes to gun ownership and protecting yourself.

Shit, I want the bumper sticker that says: "the only 911 call I need to make is chambering a round".

The only difference between an AK47 and a high-caliber hunting rifle is the amount of ammo you get to fire before reloading. I love it how liberal idiots hear "AK47" and get these visions that somehow people will be running the streets with fully automatic tommy guns shooting everything in sight. I know a shitload of people who own AK's and not one of them has killed anyone, yet.

I might note that, if you'd like to break into their homes, your ass would be forfeit, and in my state, they wouldn't even have to go down to the police HQ for questioning or lose their gun.

Last edited by ptah13 (2009-07-21 11:41:14)

#8 2009-07-21 12:23:55

ptah13 wrote:

Odd, because all this guy is doing is advocating keeping a gun to protect his family.

No - all he's trying to do is make a buck

ptah13 wrote:

Did you actually watch the interview? This guy kicks the shit out of the CNN anchor better than most politicians.

I was quite amazed at how foolish he looked - which is why I posted it.

ptah13 wrote:

Sure, I think some of his religulous comments are silly, but he's damn-straight when it comes to gun ownership and protecting yourself.

It's absurd to pretend that an AK-47 is a good home protection weapon, those rounds will go right through your walls and kill the very people you are trying to protect.  An AK-47 is a good weapon for combat troops to carry into a firefight, pointless otherwise.  If you are desparate to display your firepower you can protect your home with an M-61 Vulcan also; and I Fucking-A guaruntee that the sound of that thing spinning up is the only 911 call I need.

Everyone knows that a shotgun with bird-shot is the best home protection weapon (preferably cut down to size)

#9 2009-07-21 12:39:08

Emmeran wrote:

Everyone knows that a shotgun with bird-shot is the best home protection weapon (preferably cut down to size)

Yeah, I read the same thing in Ann Landers just a few weeks ago, too.

#10 2009-07-21 12:53:41

Emmeran wrote:

It's absurd to pretend that an AK-47 is a good home protection weapon, those rounds will go right through your walls and kill the very people you are trying to protect.  An AK-47 is a good weapon for combat troops to carry into a firefight, pointless otherwise.  If you are desparate to display your firepower you can protect your home with an M-61 Vulcan also; and I Fucking-A guaruntee that the sound of that thing spinning up is the only 911 call I need.

Well said, and Fucking A on the shotgun.

Last edited by jesusluvspegging (2009-07-21 12:53:58)

#11 2009-07-21 13:24:39

https://cruelery.com/uploads/30_shotgun_riot_type_12_gage_winchester_m1912.jpg

Old school.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#12 2009-07-21 13:38:45

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/11_shotgun.jpg

My little home protection device.  Third & Fourth rounds are buckshot just in case someone is overly stubborn.

#13 2009-07-21 14:04:40

Emmeran wrote:

Just like "everyone knows" that you can't miss with a shotgun. The average spread of any shot (bird or buck) from an 18" barrel shotgun at typical in-house distances (15 feet for less) your spread is on the order of 2 inches, even with a cylinder bore. And it will burn through drywall without a problem. It just doesn't penetrate 2 walls as much as a rifle round would. It's not the "magic bad guy destroyer" that some people think it is. For the amount of noise and recoil produced I would rather carry a large caliber pistol that is much quieter to operate inside. Still an awesome choice, but just not a magic wand of death that can't miss.

#14 2009-07-21 14:21:37

Emmeran wrote:

ptah13 wrote:

No - all he's trying to do is make a buck

ptah13 wrote:

I was quite amazed at how foolish he looked - which is why I posted it.

ptah13 wrote:

Sorry, but a fully-automatic M61 and a sawed-off shotgun are both illegal. None of my gun-owning friends break gun laws.

Also, BIRD SHOT? Jesus, you sound like the 15-y-o that would tell us that if "Old Mr Johnson catches you in his field, he'll shoot you with rock salt". You've got to be kidding me?

I'll give you that an AK-47 isn't as good a choice for responsible home defense compared to a shotgun (loaded with 00 Buck). If all you want to do is injure your intruder, get him to kill you first, then sue your estate for damages (and in this country, with juries populated by folks like the CNN interviewer, the intruder has a good chance of winning that case), then use bird pellets.

Damn

Last edited by ptah13 (2009-07-21 14:23:40)

#15 2009-07-21 14:24:34

Emmeran wrote:

My little home protection device.  Third & Fourth rounds are buckshot just in case someone is overly stubborn.

Nice. Looks like mine.

I have to say, though, that I want to put my intruder down with one shot. I don't believe in giving the intruder time to respond.

#16 2009-07-21 14:25:58

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Just like "everyone knows" that you can't miss with a shotgun. The average spread of any shot (bird or buck) from an 18" barrel shotgun at typical in-house distances (15 feet for less) your spread is on the order of 2 inches, even with a cylinder bore. And it will burn through drywall without a problem. It just doesn't penetrate 2 walls as much as a rifle round would. It's not the "magic bad guy destroyer" that some people think it is. For the amount of noise and recoil produced I would rather carry a large caliber pistol that is much quieter to operate inside. Still an awesome choice, but just not a magic wand of death that can't miss.

Well said.

#17 2009-07-21 15:45:19

ptah13 wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Nice. Looks like mine.

I have to say, though, that I want to put my intruder down with one shot. I don't believe in giving the intruder time to respond.

I highly recommend the M-61 then, one burst of HEI and it's "Goodbye intruder".

I'll stick with my 12 Gauge; in close quarters I can shoot paper wads at them and still put them on their back.  Of course I'll be shooting at whatever the dogs haven't eaten.

#18 2009-07-21 17:46:22

Emmeran wrote:

ptah13 wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Nice. Looks like mine.

I highly recommend the M-61 then, one burst of HEI and it's "Goodbye intruder".

I'll stick with my 12 Gauge; in close quarters I can shoot paper wads at them and still put them on their back.  Of course I'll be shooting at whatever the dogs haven't eaten.

Well fuck. Usually, unless it is some personal issue, if you have dogs you have no fear of an intruder.

Yeah, the m-61 rocks like no other.

I do agree, as far as "home defense" goes, the 12-Gauge is a great tool. Most folks I know who own assault rifles own them just so they can go shoot them for fun. One of our friends' has a range, on his property, that totally rocks. He's got a big hill as a backdrop (so bullets don't kill someone downwind) and has also built up a backdrop made of railroad ties (which we're going to have to replace). He lives out in the country and is a perfect place to go shoot off a thousand rounds of 5.56 and 7.62.

The local sheriffs office got wind of it, and now they come and qualify at his house, rather than pay the ass-rape fee the police department,  20 miles down the road, charges them to use their range.

This is really funny to all of us as this guy smokes bud and to hear him tell the story of seeing the 3 sheriffs cars coming down his 1/4 mile driveway, the first time, to ask if it was ok if they used his range. He was like, "SURE!" and now is drinking buddies with his entire sheriffs department. (and they pay him, albeit quite a bit less than they paid the city cops for use of their range).

#19 2009-07-21 18:47:16

I'll be honest with you: The joy of fully auto firing went away for me the first time I had to clean my M-16 after putting a few hundred rounds through it during a FDF drill in Boot Camp.  After that I only shoot when necessary and never, ever use a BFA.

#20 2009-07-21 19:13:30

Emmeran wrote:

I'll be honest with you: The joy of fully auto firing went away for me the first time I had to clean my M-16 after putting a few hundred rounds through it during a FDF drill in Boot Camp.  After that I only shoot when necessary and never, ever use a BFA.

Yeah, I saw your pick on the regulars thread. Thanks, btw, for your service.

I've never fired a gun fully-auto but have bump-fired AK's several times.

The beauty of an AK is, you really never need to clean it (although everyone I know, except me, does religiously). AR's are quite a bit more high-maintenance, as I'm sure you know.

#22 2009-07-21 21:15:50

Dmtdust wrote:

moron with a rifle video

What a freakin' idiot.

There is no way that is an accident.

Last edited by ptah13 (2009-07-21 21:16:22)

#23 2009-07-21 23:55:58

ptah13 wrote:

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Well said.

Penetration with my 9mm Luger is plenty... it will stop the best of them, and it's a whole lot easier to pop them with.

#24 2009-07-22 00:58:08

whosasailorthen wrote:

ptah13 wrote:

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Well said.

Penetration with my 9mm Luger is plenty... it will stop the best of them, and it's a whole lot easier to pop them with.

Hell, more people are killed with a .22 than any other round.

I love my (original) CZ-75.... It came with a box of Black Talons (with a price tag from a gun store that went out of business 20 years ago). I could sell those suckers for $10 a bullet, if I wanted to. Instead I keep it loaded with them!

It is two-tone with customer pachmayr grips, very sexy. If someone tells me how to upload a photo I'll do so.

I also have a HK USP .45.

Last edited by ptah13 (2009-07-22 01:02:31)

#25 2009-07-22 05:43:10

No weapon can save one from stupidity.

#26 2009-07-22 05:50:39

MSG Tripps wrote:

No weapon can save one from stupidity.

It depends on who you use it on.  This guy, for example, came awful damned close to curing his stupidity.

#27 2009-07-22 09:46:39

Another reason never to shoot at steel that isn't swinging from a chain. All of our clubs steel is swinging steel, from the top for high-cal and from the side for 22s.

But please be safe out there. It didn't appear that the intrepid shooter above was wearing eye protection (though it would take a good pair of glasses to stop 700 grains, even on the ricochet.)

#28 2009-07-22 11:04:58

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Another reason never to shoot at steel that isn't swinging from a chain. All of our clubs steel is swinging steel, from the top for high-cal and from the side for 22s.

But please be safe out there. It didn't appear that the intrepid shooter above was wearing eye protection (though it would take a good pair of glasses to stop 700 grains, even on the ricochet.)

I can't ever see shooting for fun without eye/ear protection.

My safety glasses look like a pair of Oakleys. lol

Again, I always shoot into a wood backdrop (stacked railroad ties-3 thick and 10 tall, which we need to replace 1/2 of as it is now this nasty black mulch, lasted through several thousand rounds of 5.56 and 7.62, though) or Earth. In the woods I go 1/2 way down a ravine and shoot to the other side, usually at set-up paper targets on downed huge trees in a slight downward trajectory. Never a chance anything I shoot will go hit anyone downrange. My shooting buddy is severely obsessive, so "gun safety" takes on a whole new meaning for us.

Idiots who shoot guns deserve any darwin karma they get.

#29 2009-07-22 11:14:28

Regardless of what gun enthusiasts tell you, the best home defense is this:

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n92/1pagelane/images.jpg

Not only can it tell the difference between family and strangers, but it also can tell if a stranger is a good person or bad. A good dog protects your home when no one is there, protects your children when there are no adults around, patrols your home while you are sleeping, and keeps cats from shitting in your garden. My dog roams free all over my property and house, is on alert 100% of the time, knows all my friends, loves kids and will tear your nuts off in an instant. She alerts me when someone approached the house and stands beside me when I answer the door. I'll take my dog over any gun for home defense.

My fire arms are for hunting and for sport.  I own 2 shot guns ( a 12 and a 20), a very nice lever action 30-30, a .38 revolver, a 9MM and a .22 derringer, but they are all consistently locked up in my house because there are children present almost all the time.

#30 2009-07-22 11:20:33

outhere wrote:

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n92/ … images.jpg

Not only can it tell the difference between family and strangers, but it also can tell if a stranger is a good person or bad. A good dog protects your home when no one is there, protects your children when there are no adults around, patrols your home while you are sleeping, and keeps cats from shitting in your garden. My dog roams free all over my property and house, is on alert 100% of the time, knows all my friends, loves kids and will tear your nuts off in an instant. She alerts me when someone approached the house and stands beside me when I answer the door. I'll take my dog over any gun for home defense.

Two buddy, you gotta have two.   I've got a set of big black ones, I don't have to worry about thieves, peeping toms or rats.

#31 2009-07-22 12:12:18

outhere wrote:

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n92/ … images.jpg

My fire arms are for hunting and for sport.  I own 2 shot guns ( a 12 and a 20), a very nice lever action 30-30, a .38 revolver, a 9MM and a .22 derringer, but they are all consistently locked up in my house because there are children present almost all the time.

Totally agree.

Nothing beats a big dog (or two).

I'm contemplating at 1/4 wolf/Husky hybrid, myself. He seems really friendly and my sled-dog rescue friends are overburdened.

#32 2009-07-25 04:56:37

ptah13 wrote:

The beauty of an AK is, you really never need to clean it (although everyone I know, except me, does religiously). AR's are quite a bit more high-maintenance, as I'm sure you know.

And thank you, my friend, for not calling me a hero, Audie Murphy and Dan Daly were heroes as were numerous others.  I was just a chump jarhead fulfilling his duty as a citizen to this great country.

Needless to say everytime I hear some sop call a talk show host a Great American or an American Hero - I cringe.

Hero's are very special people and most of them are dead because of their heroics (Murphy and Daly were odd exceptions to that rule).

#33 2009-07-25 12:53:13

Emmeran wrote:

ptah13 wrote:

And thank you, my friend, for not calling me a hero, Audie Murphy and Dan Daly were heroes as were numerous others.  I was just a chump jarhead fulfilling his duty as a citizen to this great country.

Needless to say everytime I hear some sop call a talk show host a Great American or an American Hero - I cringe.

Hero's are very special people and most of them are dead because of their heroics (Murphy and Daly were odd exceptions to that rule).

Yeah. My dad is a hero.

Silver Star, Bronze Star, two purple hearts...

I'm very proud.

#34 2009-07-25 21:12:15

http://www.sfsignal.com.nyud.net/mt-static/images/greatestAmericanHero.jpg

#35 2009-07-25 22:03:27

ptah13 wrote:

Yeah. My dad is a hero.

Silver Star, Bronze Star, two purple hearts...

I'm very proud.

Bronze stars are cool  -  but can be awarded for proficiency.

Silver stars means you're a bad ass, unless your Daddy is the CinC then you get the Silver Star for toe'ing the same line everyone else does. (McCain reference for the uninitiated)

This explains my total disdain for John McCain - he shames the true warriors and thier sacrifices.

#36 2009-07-26 06:01:24

Emmeran wrote:

It's absurd to pretend that an AK-47 is a good home protection weapon, those rounds will go right through your walls and kill the very people you are trying to protect.

It doesn't fit well under one's pillow either.

A Group Of Fucking Radicals wrote:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

Board footer

cruelery.com