#2 2009-07-26 23:57:52

The Jesus is now officially in internet-love with this chick.

#3 2009-07-26 23:58:33

I hate abortion. But the solution is to hand out contraceptives on the street corners, not to tell people that they must not have sex and expect them to be good. Bristol Palin Posters and condom dispensers should be put up in every public rest room everywhere.

#4 2009-07-27 01:46:28

sigmoid freud wrote:

I hate abortion.

What’s there to hate?

#5 2009-07-27 10:10:26

I'd like to be all in favor of a woman's right to choose - I believe strongly in women's equality and respect their independence - but I guess after seeing my son on a sonogram at about 13 weeks gestation, and watching him reach up and grab the amniocentesis needle and feel it for a bit with his hand before returning his thumb to his mouth... and then realising that it was still legal to abort the kid... I guess my viewpoint kinda changed.   It's clear to me that they're definitely sentient beings with feelings, and that changes the playing field... so I now see the woman's right to choose as beginning when she decides to have intercourse... after that, if there's a pregnancy, it's no longer just one person whose life is in the balance... there's two people who now have lives and rights.

Just IMHO, folks... don't bother shooting, I've already got plenty of wounds.

Last edited by whosasailorthen (2009-07-27 10:14:00)

#6 2009-07-27 10:25:52

whosasailorthen wrote:

I'd like to be all in favor of a woman's right to choose - I believe strongly in women's equality and respect their independence - but I guess after seeing my son on a sonogram at about 13 weeks gestation, and watching him reach up and grab the amniocentesis needle and feel it for a bit with his hand before returning his thumb to his mouth... and then realising that it was still legal to abort the kid... I guess my viewpoint kinda changed.   It's clear to me that they're definitely sentient beings with feelings, and that changes the playing field... so I now see the woman's right to choose as beginning when she decides to have intercourse... after that, if there's a pregnancy, it's no longer just one person whose life is in the balance... there's two people who now have lives and rights.

Just IMHO, folks... don't bother shooting, I've already got plenty of wounds.

You broke the MSG Tripps internet law about sharing anything personal. I'm sure you will be dealt with harshly. There will be lots of name calling.

And, I agree with you. I do not believe, however, that the decision should be in the hands of old ,white, wealthy, men.

#7 2009-07-27 10:26:06

Honestly women do have choices, she can choose to not have sex - this prevents pregnancy 100% of the time.  Abortion is just wrong.

Of course that's utopia, back here in the real world all kinds of strange shit happens and we have more orphans or pseudo orphans than most of us care to realize.

Is it wrong?  Yes

Is it sadly necessary?  Yes again.

#9 2009-07-27 12:09:15

An adult pig is more sentient and has more feelings than a 13 week old human larva.  Fetus bacon anyone?

#10 2009-07-27 12:21:32

phoQ wrote:

An adult pig is more sentient and has more feelings than a 13 week old human larva.  Fetus bacon anyone?

An adult pig can also survive without an elaborate life support mechanism to support it.

I don't think anyone here will argue for partial birth abortion: at that state the fetus can survive on its own outside the womb, and it gives no medical advantage to the mother.  Early-stage abortion, however, is often the correct moral decision.  What's worse: to have an unwanted baby that you're not prepared/capable of caring for, or to flush it out before it has developed the ability to live independent of the womb?  Don't give me any bullshit about adoption/foster homes either: those programs are strained to the breaking point as it is.

Remember kiddies: an abortion saves two lives at the cost of one, for a net gain.  That's not even counting the fucked-up future generations that the unwanted bastard will spawn...

#11 2009-07-27 12:30:57

So not only should abortion be legal, you want it to be mandatory? That's a hard line stance for sure.

#12 2009-07-27 12:32:26

Bigcat wrote:

So not only should abortion be legal, you want it to be mandatory? That's a hard line stance for sure.

Where the fuck did I say that?

#13 2009-07-27 12:38:02

jesusluvspegging wrote:

Bigcat wrote:

Where the fuck did I say that?

Take it easy, I was just kidding. I was making fun on your pros and cons like rant on abortion. sheesh, everyone is so fucking touchy around here anymore.

#14 2009-07-27 12:41:21

Well, I DO want it to be mandatory, I'm just trying to figure out how you knew.

GET OUT OF MY BRAIN!  OUT!  OUT, DAMN YOU!

The power of Christ compels you!

Last edited by jesusluvspegging (2009-07-27 12:41:44)

#15 2009-07-27 14:09:04

Bigcat wrote:

And, I agree with you. I do not believe, however, that the decision should be in the hands of old ,white, wealthy, men.

Can't argue with you there.  Congress has no clue what they're doing and I doubt the Supreme Court, even with that wise, latina woman knows either.  And now with Soytamayor we have six Catholics on the Supreme Court.  I recognize that there are some open-minded Catholics out there, but it seems that a question that should be asked at every Supreme Court confirmation hearing is, "Are you prepared to risk your eternal soul to uphold the Constitution?"

Also, that article was messed-up.  What kind of psycho has an abortion party?

#16 2009-07-27 21:38:20

Hey! That's my cell phone wallpaper!

#17 2009-07-27 22:08:02

karenw wrote:

Looky!

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/3_gov6-period-girl-view-1.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#18 2009-07-27 22:34:44

sofaking wrote:

karenw wrote:

Looky!

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/3_g … view-1.jpg

Oh god .... I so want to meet her 35 years from now....

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#19 2009-07-28 01:46:13

jesusluvspegging wrote:

The person who wrote the article is a dude.

I knew you were one of "them"!

#20 2009-07-28 01:47:41

I think it should be mandatory for illegal immigrants and stupid people.

IMHO

#21 2009-07-28 10:04:30

ptah13 wrote:

jesusluvspegging wrote:

The chick throwing the party, dumbfuck.

#22 2009-07-30 06:46:39

Flaccid forks and 'scraped donations.' Clearly, she has a sense of the poetic. I say let her have at least as many abortions as Spanish Harlem and above (choose Compton, if you're Left Coast). If the idiot bitch wants to blog it, then it might have some service to other knocked up morons, but I sincerely doubt that it's going to start a trend in "abortion parties." When all is said and done, who the fuck knows what kind of gift to bring?

#23 2009-07-30 17:47:56

jesusluvspegging wrote:

ptah13 wrote:

jesusluvspegging wrote:

The chick throwing the party, dumbfuck.

Nice try, horsefucker.

Board footer

cruelery.com