#1 2009-12-19 22:25:21

I can't decide whether this is just goofy or is deeply creepy:

With three little boys you can only go so long until they begin to realize they are, well, naked.  That leads in our family not so much to protestations of modesty as to demands for bribes.

#2 2009-12-19 22:42:07

Poor folks, the kid-in-the-balloon-thing was already done, so they tried that. Attention whoring has gotten so lame.

#3 2009-12-20 01:06:06

kim

Uh, fucking creepy. You can tell that in the picture the dad was completely balls and old man cock out in front of his kids. Now, maybe its different for dads and their sons (either way its fucking weird to me) but maybe being a kid and seeing your dads peen isn't a big deal (sort of like when my mom would walk around naked while getting ready for work which would gross and freak me out anyway) but WHAT THE FUCK! Not only that but the two older looking kids seem to have that look in their eyes like, "save me"

#4 2009-12-20 01:17:29

I think Mrs. Cringely has a nice rack.  Were we supposed to answer her question in this thread?

#5 2009-12-20 01:19:33

Definitely creepy. Even without suggesting the father is a weirdo, he should respect the kids' shyness in this matter and let them cover up until they're older and can appreciate the humor.

#6 2009-12-20 01:56:14

hedgewizard wrote:

I think Mrs. Cringely has a nice rack.  Were we supposed to answer her question in this thread?

I'd have to agree with the Wiz on that.  Excellent sideboob.  I fapped.

#7 2009-12-21 18:23:52

I'm a parent and somehow, just SOMEHOW, I contain my urge to strip my kid and put him in a fucking Santa cap. 

What the FUCK is wrong with parents who do bizarre shit like this?

#8 2009-12-21 18:38:11

Ya know that line?  That line where things are fun, cool and a little, umm, edgy?

They went right over that fucking line without hardly a backwards glance....

#9 2009-12-21 18:40:40

What's so wrong with doing a Naked Brownie Friday?

#10 2009-12-21 21:23:17

What's so wrong with just wanting to be naked? Not everyone feels the need to be fully clothes when in the comfort of your own home.

#11 2009-12-21 21:50:52

kid in back has his pecker on the cookie sheet

#12 2009-12-21 22:28:47

GooberMcNutly wrote:

What's so wrong with just wanting to be naked? Not everyone feels the need to be fully clothes when in the comfort of your own home.

Not a damn thing, friend Goober; but when you mail me a fucking Christmas card of it, then you and the wife and kidneys are all naked in my home, and that is not only fucking gross, it makes me seriously wonder about what's really going on in the sender's head.

#13 2009-12-21 22:46:24

It's cool to be naked when they are toddlers, after that it's only cool to appear naked - actually being naked with a middle-school kid is definitely beyond the norm in our society.

#14 2009-12-21 23:21:13

Emmeran wrote:

It's cool to be naked when they are toddlers, after that it's only cool to appear naked - actually being naked with a middle-school kid is definitely beyond the norm in our society.

And here in lies the problem. We have allowed uptight people to govern our perceptions to the point that now a naked body is no longer acceptable. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with this idea. Others feel it is wrong because they were taught that nude is bad except in the bedroom or shower. This photo was obviously not intended as fapping material, and if you think it was, it's time to look at yourself and ask a few questions. In nudist society, naked is not about sex. It is about freedom to be yourself. In fact public arousal is not tolerated. THAT is for private.

And then some enjoy posting pictures of 400 lb. widebodies naked. So which is really gross?

#15 2009-12-22 03:16:38

kim

doesyourpussyhurt wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

And here in lies the problem. We have allowed uptight people to govern our perceptions to the point that now a naked body is no longer acceptable. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with this idea. Others feel it is wrong because they were taught that nude is bad except in the bedroom or shower. This photo was obviously not intended as fapping material, and if you think it was, it's time to look at yourself and ask a few questions. In nudist society, naked is not about sex. It is about freedom to be yourself. In fact public arousal is not tolerated. THAT is for private.

And then some enjoy posting pictures of 400 lb. widebodies naked. So which is really gross?

Its not about being naked - its about the KIDS being naked. And its not just the kids being naked but that they probably didn't WANT to be naked, nor see their DAD naked, nor see their moms side boob (or not feel awkward at the same time as seeing side boob).

#16 2009-12-22 05:50:30

Is there something wrong with naked kids? Or is there something wrong with your thinking that makes the kids being naked wrong? They may not have wanted to be naked, and I would never say force a child to do something that they are not comfortable with. But the fact is, they were TAUGHT that being naked is somehow wrong. This created their discomfort.

Just because there is some flesh shown, you have decided that this is wrong. Why? Go to any beach and you will see more tit than that. You will see more children nearly naked. Is that wrong? Remembering that many children, and I can't say for these or not, have had said boob in their mouth for uncounted hours. And also watched their younger siblings enjoying the same thing. How does it suddenly become wrong to see a tit? At what age did this occur?

It is not wrong, we have made it so by our hang-ups. Many cultures spend their entire lives naked. Is that wrong? I see more tit and ass on a National Geographic Special. And naked children abound. In these cultures, no one teaches the children that being naked is a bad thing.

I was raised by old hippies and I was taught that the human body is beautiful and not simply a sex object. I got to see my dad naked hundreds of times in the shower after swimming at the local pool. I also got to see many other dads naked as well.

It is twisted logic to think that naked is something bad. Look at extreme Muslims with the burka for women. Maybe we should all just hide underneath a sheet?

What IS wrong is that people see naked children as exploitation when in actuality it is completely natural as long as we don't teach them otherwise.

Oh. that's right. The HOLY BIBLE taught us that naked is wrong. My bad.

#17 2009-12-22 08:28:56

doesyourpussyhurt wrote:

I also got to see many other dads naked as well.

Pale????

Is that you Pale???

#18 2009-12-22 08:54:34

DYPH, I guess you and I are the only two left around here that can see the human body as anything but a fap target. Me, I just love to be naked, sky clad, to take an air bath, a sun shower, get a moon tan and skinny dip. My 6 year old daughter looks forward to our trips to the nude beach even more than I do. The whole family eagerly awaits dusk so we may swim in our pool dressed in our birthday suits. Naked === fun. We don't push it on anyone, we dress when other people come over and most of our neighbors never even know except for a few that showed up poolside uninvited one evening looking for help with something. But I am not going to let other people's ideas of propriety limit our rights to just feel groovy and free of restricting clothes.

If 4 square inches of sideboob is enough for you to fap too, you must go crazy when you see a little ankle peek out from under the burkha.

#19 2009-12-22 10:21:20

My 4 year old is a total nudist. He wears clothes when he has to, and takes them off when he gets home. I figure it's a phase. My dad is a nudist, too. We make fun of him all the time. It's not sexual, it's just some people don't dig restrictive clothing.

Nudity is not bad. It's our cultural perception of nudity that is the problem.

That said, I think the Christmas card is pretty bad. It doesn't look like the kids are happy.

#20 2009-12-22 15:33:20

sofaking wrote:

Nudity is not bad. It's our cultural perception of nudity that is the problem.

The cultural perception was developed out of necessity, people wore clothes to stay warm - the old chicks noticed that they got attention like the young chicks once the effects of gravity were hidden.

Men took to wearing clothes to protect their penis during heavy labor.

I'm sure that a few of those boy's friends have seen those cards and I imagine it's made it's way around school already also - Mom & Dad will likely be shotgunned to death by their own sons in a few short years.

#21 2009-12-22 19:56:10

Emmeran wrote:

people wore clothes to stay warm

Right.

Emmeran wrote:

the old chicks noticed that they got attention like the young chicks once the effects of gravity were hidden.

Um, OK.

Emmeran wrote:

Now wait a minute...

____

Repressed people seem to equate  nudity with sex. Europeans are a little more rational about it.

#22 2009-12-22 21:08:29

opsec wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Now wait a minute...

Hey buddy, you might not have the problem - but mine swings around and gets in the way.  Besides, clearing brush with your wang hanging out in the thistles isn't my idea of a good time.

opsec wrote:

Repressed people seem to equate  nudity with sex. Europeans are a little more rational about it.

Fucking Europeans started all of our problems by sending all of their religious nutjobs over here on the first boat available. Blame the Brits for our lack of Cat Houses and Topless beaches.

Last edited by Emmeran (2009-12-22 21:08:48)

#23 2009-12-22 21:09:56

opsec wrote:

I've met some weird Europeans but I agree about repression. My only concern about the family in question is how they're coercing their kids into situations in which they obviously aren't comfortable. Like I said, give the boys a few years when they're not so self-conscious about body image and more comfortable with themselves. Adolescence sucks already; there's no point in making it worse unless they're just being little shits and, in that case, it's OK to embarrass the hell out of them.

#24 2009-12-22 21:18:27

Emmeran wrote:

opsec wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Now wait a minute...

Hey buddy, you might not have the problem - but mine swings around and gets in the way.  Besides, clearing brush with your wang hanging out in the thistles isn't my idea of a good time.

opsec wrote:

Fucking Europeans started all of our problems by sending all of their religious nutjobs over here on the first boat available. Blame the Brits for our lack of Cat Houses and Topless beaches.

Advertising again Em?  Taint?  Taint?

#25 2009-12-22 21:20:35

Dmtdust wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Well, maybe Emmy, but if the Europeans hadn't sent all their nutjobs over, we'd be speaking Algonquin.

#26 2009-12-22 21:42:44

sofaking wrote:

It doesn't look like the kids are happy.

Like they ever are

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/funny-christmas_family_card5.jpg?w=500&h=690

#27 2009-12-22 21:50:17

Taint wrote:

Dmtdust wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Well, maybe Emmy, but if the Europeans hadn't sent all their nutjobs over, we'd be speaking Algonquin.

Living in the Long House, and not the Condo, and having a Matriarchal bent on thingies as well, and...

#28 2009-12-22 22:10:45

Dmtdust wrote:

Taint wrote:

Dmtdust wrote:

Living in the Long House, and not the Condo, and having a Matriarchal bent on thingies as well, and...

See? I'm more of a patriarchal kind of guy myself, and I don't do communes.

#29 2009-12-22 23:05:19

Emmeran wrote:

True enough, but they sent convicts to Australia and look how well that turned out.  Well, not for the indigenous population or wildlife, but I mean overall.

Taint wrote:

My only concern about the family in question is how they're coercing their kids into situations in which they obviously aren't comfortable. Like I said, give the boys a few years when they're not so self-conscious about body image and more comfortable with themselves. Adolescence sucks already; there's no point in making it worse unless they're just being little shits and, in that case, it's OK to embarrass the hell out of them.

Taint, I'd argue that kids being uncomfortable and self-conscious about their body image is primarily caused by cultural myopia.  Adolescence really sucks when you're made to feel guilty about everything that's happening to you. 

This isn't just a personal moral issue.  Sex is the #1 crime in our national psyche.  Where murderers get 10-20 (7-14 if you don't shank anyone inside) and can have their rights restored, people convicted of the most innocuous sexual improprieties (like public urination) are put on a list for life, are limited to where they can work and live.

I thank god I grew up in the 60s and 70s.  We swam naked whenever possible, rode our motorcycles without helmets, drove drunk  frequently, nailed underage girls without the first condom or a second thought, and only worried about the cops finding the bag of spice... they'd make us dump it.

#30 2009-12-22 23:18:40

opsec wrote:

Taint wrote:

Blah, blah, blah.

Taint, I'd argue that kids being uncomfortable and self-conscious about their body image is primarily caused by cultural myopia.  Adolescence really sucks when you're made to feel guilty about everything that's happening to you.

I don't disagree at all. And I have friends whose parents were just as open about nudity and/or pot and/or any other number of things and who didn't have any hang ups even while they were kids. I'm just saying if the kids are that uncomfortable (because they're afraid their friends will think it's weird or whatever), it's probably better to ease up on them and let them come to grips with it in their own time. The fact they're growing up in an atmosphere where nudity is no big deal means they'll probably be quite comfortable with it eventually.

Not always, of course, but probably.

#31 2009-12-22 23:37:48

Taint wrote:

opsec wrote:

blah blah blah.

I don't disagree at all. And I have friends whose parents were just as open about nudity and/or pot and/or any other number of things and who didn't have any hang ups even while they were kids. I'm just saying if the kids are that uncomfortable (because they're afraid their friends will think it's weird or whatever), it's probably better to ease up on them and let them come to grips with it in their own time. The fact they're growing up in an atmosphere where nudity is no big deal means they'll probably be quite comfortable with it eventually.

Not always, of course, but probably.

Given the cultural environment the kids are raised in, I understand the need to conform.  I don't accept it is as healthy, any more than I do the ˈbʊrqa or female circumcision in Islamic cultures.

#32 2009-12-23 02:57:06

kim

You also have to think about this, those kids are each different and have different ideas about things and different ways to handle situations and life experiences, fucking whatever. I am sure while one kid thinks its normal, natural, - uh fucking whatever, the other might be thinking this is fucking weird and awkward and I hate my fucking parents and might be completely fucking scarred for the rest of his life and thus, turning into a pshyco, alienating himself from his other brothers because he couldn't forgive them for not agreeing how fucked up the situation was every christmas, and then 10 years later, before jumping off the 8th story floor, kill 13 people waiting in line at the mall to take a fucking picture with Santa ... or, alternate ending, go to get his gold fish some fish food and seeing that at the Petco they had people lining up for their dog to get pictures taken with Santa (and then to make that their christmas cards that they sent out every year) he just can't take anymore at this sight so he shots those assholes instead but the number of victims is still 13 either way, so basically - he kills 13 people.

Don't you, or know of, kids from a group of siblings bigger than 2 and just one of them is a little off? Well - he is one of those kids! And the two older ones might awkwardly ask the other their feelings of the christmas card pictures while laying in bed one night but only get as far as,

"hey josh? you know those christmas card pictures mom and dad make us do every?"

"yeah?"

"do you think other families take pictures like that?"

"I dunno, Sean, I gotta go to sleep!"

and blah blah blah, I'm really high at the moment so .. whatever.

#33 2009-12-23 09:28:54

kim wrote:

and blah blah blah, I'm really high at the moment so .. whatever.

Orly? Couldn't tell...

#34 2009-12-23 10:54:07

Great. I tune into HS, and suddenly it's THINK OF THE CHILDREN land.

Board footer

cruelery.com