• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » Want to drain money from Pat Robertson's wallet?

#1 2010-01-14 14:17:25

This has been making the rounds on Facebook. I posted it as my status, with additional comments.

Call Pat Robertson's "700 Club" @ 1 (800) 759-0700 to give your opinion of his comments about Haiti. It costs them about $1 to pick up each 800 call.

I spoke with one of the phone reps and they were quite nice and reasonable; they did, of course, take time to explain that Christian Broadcasting Network is sending "millions" in aid to Haiti. That's commendable, I replied, but tainted by such hateful, historically unfounded comments. "Robertson really blew it with this one," I told her.

She was very polite and seemed to be writing down what I said, and said it would be forwarded to CBN They also asked for my mailing address. I gave it to them because I like to be on those wacko's mailing lists to see what they're up to.

It took me about two to three minutes.

Last edited by Taint (2010-01-14 14:18:19)

#2 2010-01-14 15:15:36

Taint wrote:

This has been making the rounds on Facebook. I posted it as my status, with additional comments.

Call Pat Robertson's "700 Club" @ 1 (800) 759-0700 to give your opinion of his comments about Haiti. It costs them about $1 to pick up each 800 call.

I spoke with one of the phone reps and they were quite nice and reasonable; they did, of course, take time to explain that Christian Broadcasting Network is sending "millions" in aid to Haiti. That's commendable, I replied, but tainted by such hateful, historically unfounded comments. "Robertson really blew it with this one," I told her.

She was very polite and seemed to be writing down what I said, and said it would be forwarded to CBN They also asked for my mailing address. I gave it to them because I like to be on those wacko's mailing lists to see what they're up to.

That's gay

#3 2010-01-14 15:18:54

Emmeran wrote:

Taint wrote:

That's gay

Thanks!

#4 2010-01-14 16:32:24

Taint wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

That's gay

Thanks!

*dies laughing*

#5 2010-01-14 16:58:43

I'd commend you on your activism Taint, but I'm laughing too hard.

#6 2010-01-14 17:40:56

This reminds me of the Moral Majority et al.

When I was in college I used to send quarters to these moonbats.  If you sent 'em a quarter--literally, a quarter taped to a sheet of paper--in a year's time they'd send you what was easily $500 worth of paper, ink, time and postage.

It was hysterical stuff, too, not the carefully modulated oil they peddled on the cable TV shows.  Stuff like "The homosexual newspapers will betray us to the Soveits*" and "Feminists are devil-worshipping lesbians who love abortions because every abortion is an offering to Satan."

Money's tight when you're in college, and I had to make my own entertainment.

*I specifically remember that phrase, "homosexual newspapers."  What made the newspapers homosexual and/or which newspapers they were, exactly, the Moral Majority never said.

#7 2010-01-14 18:03:42

Was that a deliberate mis-spelling of Soviet?

#8 2010-01-14 18:05:52

George wrote:

*I specifically remember that phrase, "homosexual newspapers."  What made the newspapers homosexual and/or which newspapers they were, exactly, the Moral Majority never said.

Oh, come on. All those sports pages rubbing up against one another and shit? Like you couldn't tell.

#9 2010-01-14 18:18:10

George Orr wrote:

Evil Immoral Wicked Doomed Newsprint!

• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » Want to drain money from Pat Robertson's wallet?

Board footer

cruelery.com