#1 2010-02-17 17:00:28

Hey there! Ima gonna treat this site as my personal well of sorrow and deep inspiration! This afternoon I have two questions:

1.  How do I determine if a guy I'm dating is retarded?

2.  Any of you have any experience with graduates or faculty of Ave Maria Law School?  Weirdly enough, I kinda really want to go there, despite being way past my "sell by" date.

#2 2010-02-17 17:07:40

bezoar_d'coeur wrote:

1.  How do I determine if a guy I'm dating is retarded?

That's easy.  Rent (or stream) any recent mainstream comedy movie, e.g., Paul Blart:  Mall Cop or Daddy Day Care or any Adam Sandler movie that isn't Punch-Drunk Love.  If he laughs a lot and enjoys it, he's FUCKING RETARDED.  Pin a sawbuck to his collar, drop him off in the Wal-Mart parking lot and forget about him.

I'll leave the law school question to someone who's a lawyer.

#3 2010-02-17 17:30:16

Wow, three references to Tom Monoghan, the man who forever linked pizza to fetuses in my mind.

#4 2010-02-17 17:57:19

opsec wrote:

Wow, three references to Tom Monoghan, the man who forever linked pizza to fetuses in my mind.

Do I win a free abortion?

#5 2010-02-17 19:42:24

1st of all, Georgie, I loved Paul Blart.

Secondly, Bezie, I am willing to extend the same offer to you that I have extended to all of the ladies of H.S. and the tri county area where I live...... If you want to dump the guy, I'll fuck ya. Now you don't have to worry about where you'll get your trim.

#6 2010-02-17 19:53:00

Bigcat, that was inspiring.

#7 2010-02-17 20:56:49

While I’m not a lawyer, I would ask you why you would consider going to a Kooky Katholic Kult school?  Ave Maria Law School is the right wing Catholic equivalent of Pat Roberson’s Regent University School of Law.  We aren’t talking about a first rate university that has a connection to the Catholic Church; this school is connected to the disturbed outer fringes of Catholicism.

#8 2010-02-17 21:54:01

fnord wrote:

the disturbed outer fringes of Catholicism.

That statement seems a bit redundant.

#9 2010-02-17 22:21:26

Emmeran wrote:

fnord wrote:

Catholicism is no more ridiculous than any of the the other established psychoses.

#10 2010-02-17 23:36:06

opsec wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

fnord wrote:

Catholicism is no more ridiculous than any of the the other established psychoses.

I know plenty of Catholics who are normal rational people.  Then there are the fuckups who harass people at Planned Parenthood, have too many children because they depend on the Vatican Roulette method of family planning, see the Virgin Mary in every water stain, and stay with abusive spouses because they think they will go to hell if they get a divorce.

#11 2010-02-18 00:05:43

I'm trying to remember - isn't HKG our legal counsel?

#12 2010-02-18 07:23:12

So far as I know, I've never encountered an attorney from Ave Maria.  I have had to deal with a couple of boneheads from Regent.  They each had a very hard time distinguishing their religious convictions from applicable legal principles.  On the other hand, I have been co-counsel with a couple of attorneys who went to BYU, and they were skilled, decent people, even if not much fun after hours.  They did not let their religion get in the way of their work.

#13 2010-02-18 18:02:04

fnord wrote:

While I’m not a lawyer, I would ask you why you would consider going to a Kooky Katholic Kult school?  Ave Maria Law School is the right wing Catholic equivalent of Pat Roberson’s Regent University School of Law.  We aren’t talking about a first rate university that has a connection to the Catholic Church; this school is connected to the disturbed outer fringes of Catholicism.

They have, throughout their brief history, had outstanding bar passage and job placement rates.  Also, though not religious or even spiritual, I have come to the conclusion that humans are better off if we learn to train and regulate the directions and expressions of most of our appetites.  Not that that has anything to do with most of the law, as far as I've read the constitution, but I am tired of living, working, and dealing in general with fake-liberal assholes who believe they are entitled to "free love" and operate according to a knee-jerk agenda of assumed consensus while trying to silence anyone who does not immediately appear to fit right into the gospel they've learned from the bumper stickers at the local co-op.  Also, some of their faculty appear to actually work to make the lives of the downtrodden better.

#14 2010-02-18 18:18:43

sigmoid freud wrote:

I'm trying to remember - isn't HKG our legal counsel?

Yeah - I worked in the legal field as well; But, I am not familiar with that particular school.

#15 2010-02-18 18:22:46

bezoar_d'coeur wrote:

They have, throughout their brief history, had outstanding bar passage and job placement rates.

I don't know much about Ave Maria other than the fact it's been a money pit for the investors.

bezoar_d'coeur wrote:

Also, though not religious or even spiritual, I have come to the conclusion that humans are better off if we learn to train and regulate the directions and expressions of most of our appetites.  Not that that has anything to do with most of the law, as far as I've read the constitution, but I am tired of living, working, and dealing in general with fake-liberal assholes who believe they are entitled to "free love" and operate according to a knee-jerk agenda of assumed consensus while trying to silence anyone who does not immediately appear to fit right into the gospel they've learned from the bumper stickers at the local co-op.

I'm all for civilized behavior, but I'll not justify it with a fairy tale. 

I'm not getting any free love, so I'm open to establishing a market rate.

#16 2010-02-18 23:26:06

Yeah but could it ever really be a fair market rate if supply and demand are so lopsided?

#17 2010-02-19 07:23:24

choad wrote:

Bigcat, that was inspiring.

Thanks Choad. It's nice to be appreciated.

#18 2010-02-19 07:39:44

bezoar_d'coeur wrote:

. . .I have come to the conclusion that humans are better off if we learn to train and regulate the directions and expressions of most of our appetites.

Training has worked well with the priesthood and clearly has brought the celibates' appetites into control.

bezoar_d'coeur wrote:

Not that that has anything to do with most of the law, as far as I've read the constitution, but I am tired of living, working, and dealing in general with fake-liberal assholes who believe they are entitled to "free love" and operate according to a knee-jerk agenda of assumed consensus while trying to silence anyone who does not immediately appear to fit right into the gospel they've learned from the bumper stickers at the local co-op.

You need to work on your clarity of thought before you start law school.  Start by separating out the different things you want to say, and then say them separately.  Personally, I'm tired of people who rely on stereotype and ad hominem.

#19 2010-02-19 07:43:26

Well said Fled

#20 2010-02-19 13:20:36

Fled wrote:

bezoar_d'coeur wrote:

. . .I have come to the conclusion that humans are better off if we learn to train and regulate the directions and expressions of most of our appetites.

Training has worked well with the priesthood and clearly has brought the celibates' appetites into control.

bezoar_d'coeur wrote:

Not that that has anything to do with most of the law, as far as I've read the constitution, but I am tired of living, working, and dealing in general with fake-liberal assholes who believe they are entitled to "free love" and operate according to a knee-jerk agenda of assumed consensus while trying to silence anyone who does not immediately appear to fit right into the gospel they've learned from the bumper stickers at the local co-op.

You need to work on your clarity of thought before you start law school.  Start by separating out the different things you want to say, and then say them separately.  Personally, I'm tired of people who rely on stereotype and ad hominem.

You need to unplug your refrigerator, cut the cord where it is attached to the appliance, shove the end without tines up your ass, and then plug the cord back into a functioning outlet.

In case you do not have a home, functioning electrical outlets, or appliances, just bite through the power cord from the computer you're using at the public library.

Whatever character this is, it is one of the least entertaining or interesting -- step up your own game before you bother to criticize others.

#21 2010-02-19 15:26:17

bezoar_d'coeur wrote:

... I have come to the conclusion that humans are better off if we learn to train and regulate the directions and expressions of most of our appetites.  Not that that has anything to do with most of the law, as far as I've read the constitution, but I am tired of living, working, and dealing in general with fake-liberal assholes who believe they are entitled to "free love" and operate according to a knee-jerk agenda of assumed consensus while trying to silence anyone who does not immediately appear to fit right into the gospel they've learned from the bumper stickers at the local co-op.  Also, some of their faculty appear to actually work to make the lives of the downtrodden better.

My yearning friend, you need to go straight past Catholic School and on to Singapore. You will fit right in with their master plan. Probably like it a little too much.

There are some pitfalls though, The Minister Mentor ( How's that for a title of a ruler for life) Yew acknowledges that they are having problems regulating the installation of creativity in their now highly tech sector economy. Plus they are in danger of going extinct as Singaporeans have the lowest population rate in the world,. They just do not have enough sex. which was discovered by condom makers when they did market research into why their sales in such a prosperous country were so low. To cure this the Minister Mentor allowed one ethnic group to immigrate and compete. The Chinese. But for some reason it did not have the desired effect of stimulating either worker productivity or more sex.

Last edited by Johnny_Rotten (2010-02-19 15:29:28)

#22 2010-02-19 17:39:30

bezoar_d'coeur wrote:

Whatever character this is, it is one of the least entertaining or interesting -- step up your own game before you bother to criticize others.

Don't be a whiner.  You post poorly written gibberish, you get that kind of a response.

#23 2010-02-23 01:14:03

Fled wrote:

bezoar_d'coeur wrote:

Don't be a whiner.  You post poorly written gibberish, you get that kind of a response.

Whassat?  Can't you follow instructions?

#24 2010-02-23 01:22:35

#25 2010-02-23 08:29:36

Dmtdust wrote:

I think I took her home from a bar once...

#26 2010-02-24 10:36:57

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Dmtdust wrote:

I think I took her home from a bar once...

That's nice of you to give your mom a ride home!

#27 2010-02-24 15:17:04

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

allowed one ethnic group to immigrate and compete. The Chinese. But for some reason it did not have the desired effect of stimulating either worker productivity or more sex.

Flawed thinking on their part, if you want more sex and reproduction you import the Irish.

Board footer

cruelery.com