• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » Two of the most popular dramas on TV have their series finales coming

#1 2010-05-18 05:49:32

On one hand, you have 24, which was good when it was first introduced, and continuously had gotten better and better until it peaked during season 5 to the point of being incredible before it went through an abysmal season 6, a great season 7, and a so far "ok" season 8.

On the other hand, you have Lost, which started out incredibly in Season 1, to the point that it seemed like one of the greatest shows ever created, but as each season after progressed, there was a realization that the writing was deteriorating, and they had no clue where to take the story.  It bottomed out during season 5, but has rebound a bit for its final season, though never to the levels that it started off at.

I'm going to give a guess and say that Monday's 24 finale will be better then Sunday's Lost finale.  It will be the battle of the Jack's(Jack Bauer in 24, and Jack Shepard in Lost) as the writers of Lost have long claimed that Jack Shepard's character was the most significant one in Lost, and that its conclusion shall center around him.  As for Jack Bauer, I think after all the events that have taken place this season, Jack Bauer is going to die at the end of Monday's episode, he's committed too many heinous acts and crossed the line way to far to bounce back.

#2 2010-05-18 07:27:17

With any luck both will be canceled in the off season.

#3 2010-05-18 08:44:32

I hate both.  Then again, I hate TV.

I wish Lost would get lost.

#4 2010-05-18 14:26:25

I disagree about the writers of Lost not knowing where it was all going.  Last week we learned that one of the skeletons in the cave was Jacob's brother.  In season 1 Jack finds the skeletons along with a leather pouch with one white and one black stone in it.  This was never explained and has been a mystery until last week.

#5 2010-05-18 14:45:58

whoooooooo cares.  Shove the stones up 'yer arsehole.

#6 2010-05-18 15:06:23

Emmeran wrote:

With any luck both will be canceled in the off season.

Both episodes are going to be the final episodes, hence why I called them series finales instead of season finales.

#7 2010-05-18 15:40:13

phreddy wrote:

I disagree about the writers of Lost not knowing where it was all going.  Last week we learned that one of the skeletons in the cave was Jacob's brother.  In season 1 Jack finds the skeletons along with a leather pouch with one white and one black stone in it.  This was never explained and has been a mystery until last week.

Perhaps just a clever use of retroactive continuity?  It’s the series writer’s best friend; audiences always fall for it.

#8 2010-05-18 16:25:45

phoQ wrote:

phreddy wrote:

Perhaps just a clever use of retroactive continuity?  It’s the series writer’s best friend; audiences always fall for it.

I considered this.  However, the director made a big deal about the stones in the bag during that scene.  There was teh puzzled look on Jack's face, poignant pause, and no hint of an explanation.  As it turns out, the significance of the two stones representing the two brothers is a key element in the whole story.  Plus, this is only one of many later ties back into the original episodes.  I have high hopes for a satisfying ending.

#9 2010-05-18 18:39:03

I'm with Wogga. TV sux.

#10 2010-05-18 18:46:38

karenw wrote:

I'm with Wogga. TV sux.

Let's make it a Threesome!  Don't have no stinkin' TV or Cable....

#11 2010-05-18 19:46:38

Fuck Gilligan's Island Lost

#12 2010-05-18 20:05:12

Emmeran wrote:

Fuck Gilligan's Island Lost

Is Lost really like Gilligan’s Island?  Do the Harlem Globetrotters visit?  Do they have any characters in yellowface?

I’d watch that on DVD.

#13 2010-05-18 20:06:38

Never seen Lost, upon entering the adult world I took a solemn vow to never again watch sit-com's

#14 2010-05-18 20:26:02

Emmeran wrote:

Never seen Lost, upon entering the adult world I took a solemn vow to never again watch sit-com's

I’ve been TV free since ‘93.  It’s made me a freak.  “You’ve never seen X?!!”  “You’ve never seen Y?!!!!”  Even if I am cool about it, I still come off as a dick because my disdain is implied by my avoidance.

#15 2010-05-18 20:38:51

Do you still watch Movies and Sporting Events?

#16 2010-05-18 20:57:58

phoQ wrote:

phreddy wrote:

I think during an interview during the first or second season with the creators they said they put that scene in especially so people know that this is what they planned from the beginning.

But I agree that not all of it was as meticulously planned as they say.

That said, I will be happy when it's over, I've got to get my life back.

Last edited by Vaginator (2010-05-18 21:00:15)

#17 2010-05-19 03:06:22

Emmeran wrote:

It’s pathetic, but I try.  I live in a wussy area so I can get away with it.  “How about that green team tonight?  They sure beat the blue team at throwing spheres through rings.”  At movies I fail, since I’m unwilling to watch Jim Carrie, Will Feral, or Adam Sandstein.

Vaginator wrote:

But I agree that not all of it was as meticulously planned as they say.

If you put random shit in there, people will attach meaning to it.  The masters:

#18 2010-05-19 09:10:05

I work too much and am never home because of the kids.  When we are home they play outside.  If it is raining they can put on Netflix or play the Wii.

I haven't had cable for four years at least I would say.

Netflix has most anything I would want to see.  TV shows I can wait for and catch up on all at once.  If a sporting event must be seen I can go to a bar and enjoy chicken wings and fine beverages.  Or do the same at a friends house.

*EDIT*  I even dropped the eleven local channel cheap ass plan.  I get any information I need from Drudge Report, FOXNews, Free Republic, WorldNetDaily, National Review, Newsmax, WSJ, The Washington Times, Real Clear Politics, Little Green Footballs, Conservapedia and Rush Limbaugh.

Last edited by Scotty (2010-05-19 09:16:33)

#19 2010-05-19 10:48:19

I watch all my TV on the internets, which is at between 0-1 on a scale of 1-10.

I do miss having access to live soccer matches, esp d uring world cup.  I am considering getting cable during world cup, then canceling it. 

I haven't missed TV one bit.  It gives me more space in my living room too.

#20 2010-05-24 06:28:03

Yep, Lost's finale sucked ass.  In the end it was a 6 season long series presentation of An Occurrence At Owl Creek Bridge.  This finale has ass cancer, they took the purgatory half assed twist they said they wouldn't.

Last edited by fortinbras (2010-05-24 06:28:43)

#21 2010-05-24 11:36:35

Scotty Said:  "*EDIT*  I even dropped the eleven local channel cheap ass plan.  I get any information I need from Drudge Report, FOXNews, Free Republic, WorldNetDaily, National Review, Newsmax, WSJ, The Washington Times, Real Clear Politics, Little Green Footballs, Conservapedia and Rush Limbaugh."

Everything that.... oh never mind.

#22 2010-05-25 22:22:56

phoQ wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

It’s pathetic, but I try.  I live in a wussy area so I can get away with it.  “How about that green team tonight?  They sure beat the blue team at throwing spheres through rings.”  At movies I fail, since I’m unwilling to watch Jim Carrie, Will Feral, or Adam Sandstein.

It must be difficult to be better than all media.

#23 2010-05-26 02:20:35

ah297900 wrote:

It must be difficult to be better than all media.

Like I said, rejecting our national pastimes pleases almost no one.  Movies and TV are not all media.  The most popular, I’d guess.  But popular is often wrong.

#24 2010-05-26 02:44:28

phoQ wrote:

Movies and TV are not all media.

So which medium are you not better than?  Ventriloquism?  Marionettes?  Symphonic farting?  Intricate yet subtle messages encoded in the time, location, manner of death, and organs removed from a series of murder victims?

#25 2010-05-26 03:01:51

Symphonic Farting is an English art.  Don't confuse the issues.

#26 2010-05-26 03:56:05

square wrote:

So which medium are you not better than?  Ventriloquism?  Marionettes?  Symphonic farting?

I’m certainly not better than (or even good at) social media.  And I’ve posted enough Mr. Methane videos to show my support for symphonic farting. 

#27 2010-05-26 06:11:53

Roger_That wrote:

whoooooooo cares.  Shove the stones up 'yer arsehole.

Whooooooooo - RT - Are you giving us an opening?

#28 2010-05-27 19:42:03

fortinbras wrote:

It will be the battle of the Jack's(Jack Bauer in 24, and Jack Shepard in Lost)

More like the battle of the Jackoffs, meaning anyone who watches either show.

#29 2010-05-27 21:12:18

Dmtdust wrote:

karenw wrote:

I'm with Wogga. TV sux.

Let's make it a Threesome!  Don't have no stinkin' TV or Cable....

Me four. You'd think it was unlawful to not have cable the way Comcast hassled me when I cut them off.

• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » Two of the most popular dramas on TV have their series finales coming

Board footer

cruelery.com