#1 2007-10-08 20:46:42

Sofie and a few others may want to take steps to deal with this before it becomes a problem.

“The doctor wanted to know how much you and mom drink, and if I think it’s too much,” my daughter told us afterward, rolling her eyes in that exasperated 13-year-old way. “She asked if you two did drugs, or if there are drugs in the house.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/opinio … rticleFull

#2 2007-10-08 21:00:01

What? We're not supposed to rape our kids at gunpoint while we're on alcoholic , meth-fueled rampages? Who, then, are we supposed to rape? Strangers?

#3 2007-10-08 21:18:14

That is the great thing about living in America... I can't afford to take the kid to the Doctor unless he is lying on the floor bleeding or passed out from fever.  Either way, he usually can't answer anything.

#4 2007-10-08 21:24:54

My general practitioner is a hipster lesbian who is so awesome, her practice is closed. She's not too concerned with all that. Besides, I am the coolest mom evar. And I don't drink anymore, so we're good there.

I worry more about my kid's Mormon best friend's parents. The mom thinks I am a silly evil bimbo, I can just tell.

#5 2007-10-08 21:57:20

The mom thinks I am a silly evil bimbo, I can just tell.

Bring her around, we'll set her right. Hey, look, we finally get beaner characters!

¿¿¿

#6 2007-10-08 22:08:12

choad wrote:

The mom thinks I am a silly evil bimbo, I can just tell.

Bring her around, we'll set her right. Hey, look, we finally get beaner characters!

¿¿¿

¿De veras?

Muy bueno.

Yeah, well, I'm not saying she's wrong or anything. She probably just doesn't understand why Heavenly Father doesn't strike me and Mr. Sofie down.

#7 2007-10-08 22:32:05

sofaking wrote:

Yeah, well, I'm not saying she's wrong or anything. She probably just doesn't understand why Heavenly Father doesn't strike me and Mr. Sofie down.

Oh, don't be silly. She doesn't think anything of the kind. She already knows you're going to spend all of eternity in Hell as your punishment, and she doesn't want to get dragged down there with you.

#8 2007-10-09 03:18:09

How piquantly fascist of us (or Communist, depending). Isn't it funny how the two most reviled sociopolitical systems in all of our history are teaching our gubbermint so much? ¡Sí, señor!

They're especially helpful when doctor-patient privilege doesn't apply and you can end-run HIPAA protections. However, I don't recall ethical standards being tossed out. A health "history" is important, but if any member of the AMA is charting individuals not in their care, and sharing these records with anyone else, then they'd usually have some 'splaining to do to their local licensing boards.

#9 2007-10-09 10:34:59

sofaking wrote:

. The mom thinks I am a silly evil bimbo, I can just tell.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-54220479093095_1971_1569292006

Reinforce the idea for her

=)

Last edited by Emmeran (2007-10-09 10:36:34)

Board footer

cruelery.com