#1 2011-03-30 13:48:55

Well, not entirely. An increasingly conservative America means even our resident Philistines will have to endure more of the American Taliban, as well.

#2 2011-03-30 16:55:49

It is very comforting to know society really is evolving and that people are opening their eyes.

#3 2011-03-30 17:02:54

The massive worrisome statistic I'd find from that is the association with religion, which is typically bad news.

#4 2011-03-30 17:19:39

Although I agree about religion, I wouldn't be too concerned.  In addition, I wouldn't believe anything in the article except the stastics, which this guy is having heartburn trying to swallow.  Note he is the founder of the Creative Class Group and he is writing for Atlantic.  These people simply cannot fathom why normal people will not listen to their horse shit.  Afterall, the are the elite, the educated, the intelligencia.  At least in their own eyes.  He goes on and on about how much better the liberal states are economically, but fails to mention that 17 of the 20 states with the largest budget deficits are controlled by Democrat legislatures.

#5 2011-03-30 17:27:38

The end of entitlements are coming soon.  And as much as I like that concept, it will devastated the economy tremendously in the long run.  Also if you have a Federal, State, or Local government job, I wouldn't count on your pensions anymore.  Either they are going to be devalued by inflation, or they are going to be cut ridiculously.  If neither of those happen, our economy shall collapse within 5 years.  Invest in silver, invest now.

#6 2011-03-30 18:17:51

You really, really right good, Forti.

#7 2011-03-30 18:38:24

Fled wrote:

You really, really right good, Forti.

Im tierd 16 hour shiff, cut me sum slak

#8 2011-03-30 19:12:12

Oak Kay.

#9 2011-03-30 20:34:12

phreddy wrote:

It is very comforting to know society really is evolving and that people are opening their eyes.

If this comes across as a smart-assed remark, please don't take it this way: the fact that educational opportunities, job opportunities, and the general well-being of these poorer states are so thin doesn't concern you? With notable exceptions in probably all the states, the fact that the sort of right wing, Christian fundamentalist conservatism we're experiencing now often runs in hand-in-hand with economic policies that benefit only the wealthy doesn't alarm you? For someone as avowedly non-religious as yourself, I'm surprised.

Forti wrote:

The massive worrisome statistic I'd find from that is the association with religion, which is typically bad news.

Coupled with monetary and economic policies that benefit people who have money over an increasingly illiterate and poorly educated work force, it will only get worse.

#10 2011-03-30 20:47:46

Phwedd doesn't give a shit, as long as the ideology reflects his, fuck everyone else he's got his!

#11 2011-03-30 21:06:51

I've never understood why the poor Evangelical and Pentecostal trash support economic policies that hurt them.

#12 2011-03-30 21:22:09

fnord wrote:

I've never understood why the poor Evangelical and Pentecostal trash support economic policies that hurt them.

It's probably because they are followers, top-down ignorant trash that blindly follow whatever nonsensical bullshit they're told to swallow in an effort to demonstrate sufficient 'Faith' to be able to win the approval of their chosen Daddy figure. Does that sound a bit harsh? It probably is, most are decent trustworthy people trying to make sense of a world they don't understand. They also have been proven statistically to be most likely to rape their own children.

#13 2011-03-30 21:26:04

Dmtdust wrote:

Phwedd doesn't give a shit, as long as the ideology reflects his, fuck everyone else he's got his!

Ideology aside; I am most happy when I am getting mine.

#14 2011-03-30 21:26:29

Tall Paul wrote:

fnord wrote:

It's probably because they are followers, top-down ignorant trash that blindly follow whatever nonsensical bullshit they're told to swallow in an effort to demonstrate sufficient 'Faith' to be able to win the approval of their chosen Daddy figure. Does that sound a bit harsh? It probably is, most are decent trustworthy people trying to make sense of a world they don't understand. They also have been proven statistically to be most likely to rape their own children.

Just FYI.

#15 2011-03-30 21:29:21

Hey Arkansas.

#16 2011-03-30 22:18:25

Taint wrote:

Tall Paul wrote:

fnord wrote:

Just FYI.

Typical.

#17 2011-03-30 22:21:17

Unfortunately, they are out to make "Idiocracy" a reality.  They breed like rabbits.

#18 2011-03-31 00:17:16

Not directly related, but amusing.

https://cruelery.com/uploads/21_evolution_map.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#19 2011-03-31 00:48:40

Ugh, not a single R2 in sight on any of these linear regressions.  While this may be a subject ripe for exploration, you're not going to get any worthwhile data from Richard Florida.  (I didn't notice the byline when reading the article at first; thanks to phreddy for pointing it out.)

#20 2011-04-04 18:49:41

fnord wrote:

Because they are hateful fucking morons.

#21 2011-04-04 19:46:58

headkicker_girl wrote:

fnord wrote:

Because they are hateful fucking morons.

Thank You.

Board footer

cruelery.com