#2 2011-11-09 17:48:50

I heard local police chiefs - all rock stolid Republican - complain about this 5 years ago, when their attack weapon armory fit into small utility closet, secured with a wooden door and a Yale lock.

Too late now.

#3 2011-11-09 18:07:54

This phenomenon actually started before 9-11 in response to the north hollywood bank robbery in which the robbers were armed with automatic weapons and body armor.  The police had to take AR-15s from a nearby gun store because their pistols and shotguns were completely ineffective.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout

#4 2011-11-09 19:53:45

Let the Local Yokels carry anything they want and dress up any way they want, but let them do it Andy and Barney style. They are there to keep the peace. They can also do any training the city can pay for, but when they're out on the streets let them keep the peace, not fight the war.

#5 2011-11-10 16:00:50

So an ATL local constabulary has not 1, but 2 M113s.  WTF up wid dat?!?

All those Dallas SWAT programs are making Joe Donut Molester jealous.

That said, 3 local SWAT teams use the range I shoot at for their carbine and sniper quals.  I can say, without the slightest exageration or even pride, that I could out shoot any of them on any day while I was shit faced drunk.  The only cops I know who can properly handle any kind of weapon are prior service.  And even some of those guys need a bitch slap and remedial training.

#6 2011-11-10 16:14:44

XregnaR wrote:

I could out shoot any of them on any day while I was shit faced drunk.  The only cops I know who can properly handle any kind of weapon are prior service.  And even some of those guys need a bitch slap and remedial training.

You say that like it's a bad thing. Our own citizenry deserve a two meter, turd world handicap and a running start. And free weed in the holding cell. Besides, five years from now you'll wear glasses and it'll all even out.

#7 2011-11-10 16:36:38

You don't have to have tight grouping on the range to be deadly as hell.  Tight grouping to most of these guys means sticking up for each other.

#8 2011-11-10 22:24:41

All part of the Pentagon's drive to "surplus" heavy equipment into local law enforcement so they can work their way around the posse commitus act. Add the waves of cash flowing in from "drug" seizures (you can buy a lot of guns from the sale of a small time drug dealer Mom's house) and you have all of the gear they could possibly want.

Then, once you have the gear, it's not like you want it sitting around and collecting dust. So what do you do? Authorize more no-knock warrants and "special interdiction task forces" of battle armor clad fatsos kicking your door in at 3 in the morning, tossing in a couple of flash-bangs and then hut-hut-hutting all over your back while they "clear the premises".

It's when they put on masks that you know they have crossed the line. If a "peace officer" can't be identified on camera and doesn't have to give you his name and badge number, you know you aren't as equal as the rest of the pigs on the farm.

#9 2011-11-10 22:51:55

Wait!!!   So shoot first, ask questions later isn't good?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2 … -case.html

Last edited by Emmeran (2011-11-10 22:52:49)

#10 2011-11-11 08:32:34

choad wrote:

XregnaR wrote:

I could out shoot any of them on any day while I was shit faced drunk.  The only cops I know who can properly handle any kind of weapon are prior service.  And even some of those guys need a bitch slap and remedial training.

You say that like it's a bad thing. Our own citizenry deserve a two meter, turd world handicap and a running start. And free weed in the holding cell. Besides, five years from now you'll wear glasses and it'll all even out.

More likely a hearing aid.  I'm one of those assholes with organic bionic eyes.

The more frightening part of the complete lack of weapons competency is that these are the SWAT team.  The best their force has to offer.  I shudder to think what the results of the spray and pray patrol officer encounter would be like.  Dead civilians everywhere and a perp leaping fences that the donut molester can only hope to crash through.

You know, call me crazy, but I am infuriated every time I see a fat fuck cop.  I want cops to look like they could run down a gazelle and beat the crap out of a rhino.  Once upon a time cops weren't badge heavy bullies that relied on the intimidation of a gun to get them through every confrontation.  You know, back in the day when the sight of a cop if you weren't doing anything wrong was no big deal.  these days everyone is a potential perp.

#11 2011-11-12 00:34:19

XregnaR wrote:

More likely a hearing aid.  I'm one of those assholes with organic bionic eyes.

Vasily Zaytsev, is that you? Every xregnar I ever knew thought he was Sergeant York and it was usually his own kids who humbled him. Here's hoping you're eyes are a freak of nature. Mine aren't and I miss them.

XregnaR wrote:

You know, call me crazy, but I am infuriated every time I see a fat fuck cop.  I want cops to look like they could run down a gazelle and beat the crap out of a rhino.  Once upon a time cops weren't badge heavy bullies that relied on the intimidation of a gun to get them through every confrontation.

True and that won't change until more affluent communities view it as an immediate threat to their own cherished privileges.

https://cruelery.com/sidepic/donutpolice.png

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#12 2011-11-12 11:09:01

Fid

Emmeran wrote:

Wait!!!   So shoot first, ask questions later isn't good?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2 … -case.html

Shot 12 times! He must have been a real bad ass with that hose nozzle.

#13 2011-11-12 14:46:41

XregnaR wrote:

That said, 3 local SWAT teams use the range I shoot at for their carbine and sniper quals.  I can say, without the slightest exageration or even pride, that I could out shoot any of them on any day while I was shit faced drunk.  The only cops I know who can properly handle any kind of weapon are prior service.  And even some of those guys need a bitch slap and remedial training.

Clearwater PD used to "qualify" at the range I frequented, and I concur.  I'm not a great shot, competent at best, yet I could outshoot the vast majority of them of them with their own weapons (Baretta 92s, which I have little experience with).  The range was closed to public shooting when they were using it, but we'd show up just to place bets on how many cops would sweep the line, fail to clear their weapon, or draw with their finger on the trigger.  It was also fun to watch the range nazis (safety officers) suffer apoplexies, as they couldn't pull the drill instructor routine on the cops or kick them off the range for violations.

#14 2011-11-14 13:04:24

choad wrote:

Vasily Zaytsev, is that you? Every xregnar I ever knew thought he was Sergeant York and it was usually his own kids who humbled him. Here's hoping you're eyes are a freak of nature. Mine aren't and I miss them.

Well, I am a classically trained sniper LOL.  With a pistol, I can hold my own.

As for the kids thing, I have seen it repeatedly as well.  As time passes, it's amazing how our perspective of our own capabilities....changes.

opsec wrote:

Clearwater PD used to "qualify" at the range I frequented, and I concur.  I'm not a great shot, competent at best, yet I could outshoot the vast majority of them of them with their own weapons (Baretta 92s, which I have little experience with).  The range was closed to public shooting when they were using it, but we'd show up just to place bets on how many cops would sweep the line, fail to clear their weapon, or draw with their finger on the trigger.  It was also fun to watch the range nazis (safety officers) suffer apoplexies, as they couldn't pull the drill instructor routine on the cops or kick them off the range for violations.

We had one get pulled of the range recently in an ambulance.  Apparently he didn't get the memo that it's a bad idea to engage a steel pistol plate rack with a full auto M4 from 15 yards.  The splatter missed his jugular by 2mm.

Board footer

cruelery.com