• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » Flooded, power out? FEMA says go to the Internet

#1 2012-10-30 12:49:39

Sure, and you should stock up on electric heaters and frozen food too.

A call to FEMA’s news desk, however, found even they didn’t have any non-Internet information readily available beyond suggestions that people call 911 in an emergency. When asked where folks should turn for information if they have no power, a FEMA worker said, “Well, those people who have a laptop with a little battery life on it can try that way. Otherwise, you’re right.”

#2 2012-10-30 14:09:31

If you can't take comfort in FEMA's advice, perhaps Lindsay Lohan's suggestions will help.

Lohan wrote:

"WHY is everyone in SUCH a panic about hurricane (i'm calling it Sally)..? Stop projecting negativity! Think positive and pray for peace," she posted on her Twitter page.

#3 2012-10-30 14:26:45

Advice from Affirmative Action government drones and crispy drug addled child stars!

#4 2012-10-30 17:52:16

phreddy wrote:

Sure, and you should stock up on electric heaters and frozen food too.

A call to FEMA’s news desk, however, found even they didn’t have any non-Internet information readily available beyond suggestions that people call 911 in an emergency. When asked where folks should turn for information if they have no power, a FEMA worker said, “Well, those people who have a laptop with a little battery life on it can try that way. Otherwise, you’re right.”

Nice Phred - except you ignored this little tid-bit: 

Fugate also talked up battery-operated or hand-cranked radios during interviews on morning news shows

I have a couple of those, hand-cranked flashlights also; what's more because I'm not an applephile my handy little smart-phone has radio reception also.

#5 2012-10-30 18:14:03

Obummer keeps public prematurely informed:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat … a-on-sandy

• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » Flooded, power out? FEMA says go to the Internet

Board footer

cruelery.com