#2 2013-01-03 18:01:19

Well, shit. If gun violence can't be entirely eliminated abroad, I guess that means it can't be decreased here. We should just drop the subject, arm everybody, and abject fear of each other.

#3 2013-01-03 20:03:20

As the world becomes more overcrowded and multi-cultural, with less social cohesion, there will be more acts of mass murder and senseless violence.  It's time for a plague to thin the herd.

#4 2013-01-03 20:05:24

Investigations revealed the man was a known drug addict and former mental health patient, authorities say.

#5 2013-01-03 20:46:15

Htom Sirveaux wrote:

Well, shit. If gun violence can't be entirely eliminated abroad, I guess that means it can't be decreased here. We should just drop the subject, arm everybody, and abject fear of each other.

Try writing in English, cunt. To start with, "abject" is not a verb.

#6 2013-01-03 21:09:36

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

Htom Sirveaux wrote:

Well, shit. If gun violence can't be entirely eliminated abroad, I guess that means it can't be decreased here. We should just drop the subject, arm everybody, and live in abject fear of each other.

#7 2013-01-03 21:10:20

Htom Sirveaux wrote:

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

Htom Sirveaux wrote:

Well, shit. If gun violence can't be entirely eliminated abroad, I guess that means it can't be decreased here. We should just drop the subject, arm everybody, and live in abject fear of each other.

ur a good editor--thnxxxxx

#8 2013-01-03 21:18:32

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

#9 2013-01-04 14:19:28

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/0 … 08584.html

Finally, a voice of reason(-un-)

Using the hyphen reminded me, Where's Dec?

#10 2013-01-04 14:35:35

Yeah - where is the old fart? I miss his hung-together with drugs-and-hyphens eloquence.

Also - some good old gun commentary from one of our affiliates.

Last edited by WilberCuntLicker (2013-01-04 14:49:38)

#11 2013-01-04 16:19:21

Htom Sirveaux wrote:

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

Htom Sirveaux wrote:

No, it is an adjective, as in "abject fear".

And I do not believe we would be living in fear if we armed everyone.  This story is about the Swiss, who do arm everyone, and, as a result, have a very low rate of gun homicides, about the same as Canada.

#12 2013-01-04 17:31:29

phreddy wrote:

Htom Sirveaux wrote:

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

No, it is an adjective, as in "abject fear".

And I do not believe we would be living in fear if we armed everyone.  This story is about the Swiss, who do arm everyone, and, as a result, have a very low rate of gun homicides, about the same as Canada.

Phreddy, the United States is not Switzerland. Very different countries, with extremely different histories and populations - homogenous on the one hand, melting-pot heterogenous on the other. Your attempts to correlate the two are doomed to miserable failure, and the inadvisability of building policy based on such comparisons is obvious to anyone who isn't involved at a personal, emotional level. If the answer to guns (in your heterogenous, self-hating country) is more guns, then you will need armed guards on every street corner, in every school, in every store, in every swimming pool, in every old folks' home, at every doctor's office, etc.

But wait - there was, in fact, an armed guard at Columbine. That, obviously, wasn't enough. So let's say that every school, street corner, department store, etc., should have two armed guards. But...what if there are multiple attackers (as also happened at Columbine). Hell. Now you need three or four armed guards at every school, six on every corner, three on every level of every store. Now you're living in an armed camp, and all your precious freedoms are manifestly ridiculous. I am amazed that you, who single-mindedly perpetuates the "living through fear" model of existence, cannot anticipate the fear and tyranny that will exist if the NRA wins the gun debate. The answer to America's gun problem is not more guns, but better-educated citizens who think in concert, and who are not waging a race or civil war.

#13 2013-01-04 18:05:02

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

better-educated citizens who think in concert, and who are not waging a race or civil war.

Not the American Way.

Entitlement and greed with a smooth blend of total fucking narcissism.

#14 2013-01-04 18:22:20

Bigcat wrote:

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

better-educated citizens who think in concert, and who are not waging a race or civil war.

Not the American Way.

#15 2013-01-04 18:32:35

Baywolfe wrote:

Bigcat wrote:

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

Not the American Way.

Vintage,nice!

#16 2013-01-04 19:37:34

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

The answer to America's gun problem is not more guns, but better-educated citizens who think in concert, and who are not waging a race or civil war.

We can agree on this point.  However, the guns are out there and the crazies have access to them.  Think of the zombie movies.  In order to kill the zombie you must shoot him in the head.  We have zombies out there, but they are armed.  Not a lot of them, but when they come for you or your family, it is much better to be able to shoot them in the head.

Here is some interesting information regarding the Colorado movie theater shooter. It comes from this story.  I know you will challenge the source, but the facts are valid.

There, you have seven movie theaters that were showing the Batman movie when it opened at the end of July. Out of those seven movie theaters, only one movie theater was posted as banning permit-concealed handguns. The killer didn't go to the movie theater that was closest to his home. He didn't go to the movie theater that was the largest movie theater in Colorado, which was essentially the same distance from his apartment as the one he ended up going to. Instead, the one he picked was the only one of those movie theaters that banned people taking permit-concealed handguns into that theater.

#17 2013-01-04 20:28:08

And they are correct!!  Look how well that worked out at Columbine!

#18 2013-01-05 03:27:34

phreddy wrote:

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

The answer to America's gun problem is not more guns, but better-educated citizens who think in concert, and who are not waging a race or civil war.

We can agree on this point.  However, the guns are out there and the crazies have access to them.  Think of the zombie movies.  In order to kill the zombie you must shoot him in the head.  We have zombies out there, but they are armed.  Not a lot of them, but when they come for you or your family, it is much better to be able to shoot them in the head.

Here is some interesting information regarding the Colorado movie theater shooter. It comes from this story.  I know you will challenge the source, but the facts are valid.

There, you have seven movie theaters that were showing the Batman movie when it opened at the end of July. Out of those seven movie theaters, only one movie theater was posted as banning permit-concealed handguns. The killer didn't go to the movie theater that was closest to his home. He didn't go to the movie theater that was the largest movie theater in Colorado, which was essentially the same distance from his apartment as the one he ended up going to. Instead, the one he picked was the only one of those movie theaters that banned people taking permit-concealed handguns into that theater.

I won't bother questioning the source, nor even its argument. I will, however, pity the country that needs to have "gun free zones." I'm a gun owner, and I like my guns, but my enjoyment of them is dependent upon my residence in a country in which guns are largely used for hunting and target shooting. I would happily burn them on a fire, if it would keep the world I live in free of the mentality that self-defense is best handled with a firearm. The opposite message, that guns are essential to one's personal safety (freedom/power/what-have-you), kickstarts a cycle of violence that can turn an entire city or nation into a violent slum. The argument from pessimism - that it's too late and the only way to deal with zombies is to shoot them - indicates a fatalistic acceptance of spiralling powerlessness; the scared man's reaction to seemingly insurmountable odds. I observe - I don't criticize. You might be right. But if I were you, I'd be trying to do something socially constructive, rather than what you're doing, which will only make everything way fucking worse.

Last edited by WilberCuntLicker (2013-01-05 03:27:54)

Board footer

cruelery.com