• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » Virus Scan Pioneer John McAfee Wanted For Murder

#2 2012-11-12 15:20:19

When real life meets high-street...

There is an ongoing internal thread at work around the original story - http://gizmodo.com/5958877/secrets-sche … f-darkness

Several developers worked for him back in the day.  Apparently weird does compound exponentially.....

#3 2012-11-12 17:08:54

XregnaR wrote:

There is an ongoing internal thread at work around the original story - http://gizmodo.com/5958877/secrets-sche … f-darkness

Notice the same gizmodo page links to NASA's "new" store-and-forward net tech? Two steps forward, three back.

Last edited by choad (2012-11-12 17:20:23)

#4 2012-11-12 17:24:04

Could twiddle his thumbs till he croaked, never want for anything or work another day and his life's mission became getting his nut. Never ends well, does it?

#5 2012-11-12 17:33:56

No shit, I'm gobsmacked. I'm 99% sure I've met him. About 3 years ago my wife and I visited Belize mostly to hang out at Ambergris Cay and do some diving, but the wifey has some Mennonite 2nd cousins that live up by the Rio Hondo and raise mostly chickens. (She's from Pennsyltucky) Her PA relatives asked us to deliver some family papers (genealogical crap) while we were "in the neighborhood", so we rented a car and drove up into Orange Walk. It reminded me a lot of redneck Florida to be sure, but our stupid rental Suzuki Samurai slid off the road and ended up stuck, a log jammed in beside the rear tire. 5 minutes later a 4 Runner pulled up and that dude (or another haggard Americano with tribal tats and a deep tan, there are a surprisingly large number of people that fit that bill in Belize, but I'm pretty sure it was him) and a friend (a chunky Chinese-y looing American) helped pull the Samurai off the log and sent us on our way.

I'm going to dig around and see if I have a pic. I seem to remember my wife taking a pic of all of us trying to push the car off the log. We ended up using his 4 Runner to bump us off finally.

If I had known he was that famous and crazy fucked up, I would have tried to chat him up more and wrangle an invite...

#6 2012-11-12 18:27:35

GooberMcNutly wrote:

No shit, I'm gobsmacked. I'm 99% sure I've met him. About 3 years ago my wife and I visited Belize mostly to hang out at Ambergris Cay and do some diving, but the wifey has some Mennonite 2nd cousins that live up by the Rio Hondo and raise mostly chickens. (She's from Pennsyltucky) Her PA relatives asked us to deliver some family papers (genealogical crap) while we were "in the neighborhood", so we rented a car and drove up into Orange Walk. It reminded me a lot of redneck Florida to be sure, but our stupid rental Suzuki Samurai slid off the road and ended up stuck, a log jammed in beside the rear tire. 5 minutes later a 4 Runner pulled up and that dude (or another haggard Americano with tribal tats and a deep tan, there are a surprisingly large number of people that fit that bill in Belize, but I'm pretty sure it was him) and a friend (a chunky Chinese-y looing American) helped pull the Samurai off the log and sent us on our way.

I'm going to dig around and see if I have a pic. I seem to remember my wife taking a pic of all of us trying to push the car off the log. We ended up using his 4 Runner to bump us off finally.

If I had known he was that famous and crazy fucked up, I would have tried to chat him up more and wrangle an invite...

Gosh Goobs, that's quite a story. Reminds me of the time you went catfish tickling with Jesus Christ, or that other time when you and Ghandi shared a Portuguese sailor in the Azores. Or that other time when you and a guy who turned out to be Herman Göring's step-son stole a U-Boat and spent the afternoon playing Hide the Submarine.

#7 2012-11-12 19:41:34

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

Reminds me of the time you went catfish tickling with Jesus Christ, ...

It was Buddah, you twat. Haven't you been paying attention?

#8 2012-11-12 21:31:37

GooberMcNutly wrote:

It was Buddah, you twat. Haven't you been paying attention?

You've been catfish tickling with the Buddha and you still can't spell his name correctly? No nirvana for you, young hillbilly, not this turn of the wheel.

#9 2012-11-12 21:46:17

He said... Buddah!.  Taint.  Hurt. Him.

#10 2012-11-13 00:16:43

The Buddha and Goober are so close that Goober decides the correct spelling. They decided that back when they were in 'Nam together, takin fire while on a secret mission to save Jack Nicholson.

If it weren't for Goober, our country as well as Canada would be Vietnamese. Please show some respect.

#11 2012-11-13 01:17:33

I suspect he spelled it right.  Buddah

Goob... how dare you tell an interesting personal anecdote without solid evidence and possible peer review!  You're stepping on toes...

#12 2012-11-13 09:08:00

opsec wrote:

I suspect he spelled it right.  Buddah

Goob... how dare you tell an interesting personal anecdote without solid evidence and possible peer review!  You're stepping on toes...

I'm still trying to find the pics. My file storage is about as organized as a teenagers bedroom, so it could take a while.

" सिद्धार्थ गौतम बुद्ध" There. Happy?

#13 2012-11-19 15:17:54

Surf the search. Live blogging his own manhunt.

#14 2012-12-01 16:43:03

According to his blog, he's been captured. Unfortunate. It was a great story while it lasted. If his side of the story is to be believed, I feel for him. But what do you expect when you set up camp in a shit hole South American country?

#16 2012-12-02 11:43:47

Well he creeps around the world from Kiev to Carolina,
He's a sleezy murder suspect from Berlin down to Belize,
He'll take you for a ride on a slow boat to China,
Tell me where in the world is John McAfee?

#17 2012-12-03 19:53:37

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. HST, circa 1978

http://www.whoismcafee.com/another-apology/

#18 2012-12-05 10:27:42

https://cruelery.com/img/mcafee.at.large.png
Mcafee Seeks Asylum in Guatemala

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#19 2012-12-06 09:27:18

Oops.

To promote its exclusive access, VICE published a smartphone picture of McAfee with reporter Rocco Castoro. That was a big mistake.

Digitally embedded in the photo was the location where it was taken, and it placed McAfee in Guatemala -- just across the border from Belize.

Of course, the location may have been leaked on purpose... hard to tell with this guy.

#21 2013-01-07 05:08:46

It's time for him to start writing screen plays

• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » Virus Scan Pioneer John McAfee Wanted For Murder

Board footer

cruelery.com