I couldn't even watch this.

#2 2007-12-10 22:33:17

Hey Dollface, still alive?

Good.

#3 2007-12-10 22:38:24

MSG Tripps wrote:

Hey Dollface, still alive?

Good.

Yup. I couldn't be happier that I am faring much better than my fearful imagination had assumed I would. I am even weaning myself off the junk.

Thank you for the tunage. Everything goes better with Floyd.

#4 2007-12-11 00:09:59

OK, I watched it.  I wish I hadn't.  But I watched it.  Then I pet the calico sitting here in my lap and reminded her how damn lucky she is.

Oh, and if we ever go to war with China - which I think is only a matter of time, really - this is how they will treat our prisoners.  I just cannot understand such people.  Damnit, I just cannot.

#5 2007-12-11 00:53:35

whosasailorthen wrote:

OK, I watched it.  I wish I hadn't.  But I watched it.  Then I pet the calico sitting here in my lap and reminded her how damn lucky she is.

Food is food if you're hungry. Dogs, cats, pigs, goats, other primates... hell, we sit on top of the planet's polluted food chain and we're entirely divorced from it.

The Chinese aren't the problem. Our own consumption habits have created this mess.

#6 2007-12-11 01:03:35

choad wrote:

consumption

It is all meat.  Which piece of art is needed?

#7 2007-12-11 01:12:30

MSG Tripps wrote:

choad wrote:

consumption

It is all meat.  Which piece of art is needed?

Intelligence. Right, we're fucking doomed so party hardy.

Dhalsense #3574

#8 2007-12-11 01:30:42

What the fuck does any one know?

We all have to deal with it

#9 2007-12-11 02:33:01

My ole girl's father died.  He was  one of those Marines that took islands in WWII.  Semper Fidelis you old fuck and thank you.

Last edited by MSG Tripps (2007-12-11 02:40:20)

#10 2007-12-11 02:48:00

sofaking wrote:

I couldn't even watch this.

I had to watch it last Thursday afternoon, when I witnessed my neighbor strangling and beating her chihuahua against the ground outside her front door. It's been my experience that it's unwise to mess with stupid, insane people, so I videotaped it, burnt it to disc, and gave it to the nice AZHS officers. I'm still waiting to find out if I may post it, or whether doing so might in some way compromise prosecution.

#11 2007-12-11 03:06:26

The end was the hardest part. When young I had to stop eating meat except for fish, and restricting my use of leather for many years after I witnessed the factory farm process. To try to come to grips with it all I studied the sciences that explained how the cycle of life works, studied the prehistory of human development, contemplated buddhist perspectives on state of nature, learned about alternative ways of farming, and living.

But it was not till I decided to seek out some hunters I respected and spend time hunting with them did I see how you can subsist on and handle animals with the reverence they deserve.

Of course in the future we will be able to weed out the kitty torturers amongst us at an early age by downloading the log files from their toys.

Last edited by Johnny Rotten (2007-12-11 03:08:22)

#12 2007-12-11 03:35:12

Johnny Rotten wrote:

Of course in the future we will be able to weed out the kitty torturers amongst us at an early age by downloading the log files from their toys.

I fully expect we're looking at the next generation of interactive toy tech, a plush test for sociopathy. It's something beyond Teddy Ruxpin and Elmo, that's for sure. Problem is, most all kids are rough with their toys, and those who take to excessively abusing them are usually acting out frustrations received/observed elsewhere (like parents). I am not looking forward to the "Where did he touch you?" doll that actually records how often and how hard.

#13 2007-12-11 08:23:14

That vid is certainly sickening.  It is also manipulative.

Use the same footage of plump, happy puppies juxtaposed with footage of starved, flyblown human children--oh, and be sure to use the same sappy, overused music--and what would the message be then?

#14 2007-12-11 19:34:55

George Orr wrote:

That vid is certainly sickening.  It is also manipulative.

Use the same footage of plump, happy puppies juxtaposed with footage of starved, flyblown human children--oh, and be sure to use the same sappy, overused music--and what would the message be then?

Well it would actually be the same exact message, which is; if your going to be born, don't do it in the third world.

#15 2007-12-11 20:02:46

badperson wrote:

Well it would actually be the same exact message, which is; if your going to be born, don't do it in the third world.

Or:  If you don't want to get eaten - run faster.

#16 2007-12-13 00:33:33

I asked Dirckman if he would watch this video with me.......  Dirckman did and after a moment of silence he retired to his den to ponder the situation for awhile over a glass of bourbon.....  Once he had thought about it long enough Dirckman returned to me and said "Sucks to be them."................

#17 2007-12-13 00:56:23

Humane Society Traces Expensive Pups to Pet Mills:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/12/us/12puppies.html

Board footer

cruelery.com