#2 2013-02-17 17:45:18

I've always supported the death penalty because I think it's simply less cruel than life in prison.  Caging someone for life in solitary certainly is torture, but I also believe that some people don't earn a clean death.

#3 2013-02-17 19:01:19

opsec wrote:

I've always supported the death penalty because I think it's simply less cruel than life in prison.  Caging someone for life in solitary certainly is torture, but I also believe that some people don't earn a clean death.

Fuck'em - I'm not willing to pay the cost.  They can rot in hole in the ground for all I care, they should have considered that result before trying to murder someone.

#4 2013-02-18 04:38:44

Emmeran wrote:

opsec wrote:

Fuck'em - I'm not willing to pay the cost.  They can rot in hole in the ground for all I care, they should have considered that result before trying to murder someone.

It's far cheaper to warehouse them than to execute them. All your debate points are belong to us.

#5 2013-02-18 11:57:28

Then let's make it cheaper to execute.  Problem solved.

#6 2013-02-18 13:20:54

Lifetime caging is far more cruel than execution, which is why I support it and oppose execution!

#7 2013-02-18 14:59:45

Egoist wrote:

I wish that were possible but it ain't. 

I've always been a big fan of the idea of dropping them all off on an Aleutian Island with a sleeping bag and a fishing pole.  We can just let nature sort shit out from there and it only costs the rest of us the price of the bag, pole and the flight.

#8 2013-02-18 17:56:13

Emmeran wrote:

Egoist wrote:

I've always been a big fan of the idea of dropping them all off on an Aleutian Island with a sleeping bag and a fishing pole.  We can just let nature sort shit out from there and it only costs the rest of us the price of the bag, pole and the flight.

Sounds like a new reality show just waiting to happen.

#9 2013-02-18 19:33:41

Baywolfe wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Egoist wrote:

Sounds like a new reality show just waiting to happen.

Death Row Island?

Hmmm, kind of like a mixture of Big Brother and the Most Dangerous Catch?

#10 2013-02-18 20:30:03

Emmeran wrote:

I've always been a big fan of the idea of dropping them all off on an Aleutian Island with a sleeping bag and a fishing pole.

Already been tried by the Russians, but no fishing pole.
There's a documentary about it here- http://forums.mvgroup.org/index.php?showtopic=47417

#11 2013-02-19 00:00:38

nfidelbastard wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

I've always been a big fan of the idea of dropping them all off on an Aleutian Island with a sleeping bag and a fishing pole.

Already been tried by the Russians, but no fishing pole.
There's a documentary about it here- http://forums.mvgroup.org/index.php?showtopic=47417

That's the point, it's a death penalty where we don't have to pay for it or do the killing.

#12 2013-02-19 07:55:28

Emmeran wrote:

That's the point, it's a death penalty where we don't have to pay for it or do the killing.

So, what do you do with the evil genius that kills some of his fellow inmates, makes a kayak from their skin and paddles to safety?

#13 2013-02-19 13:51:40

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

So, what do you do with the evil genius that kills some of his fellow inmates, makes a kayak from their skin and paddles to safety?

Grant him total immunity, and make him our next President of these United States.

#14 2013-02-19 14:04:31

Despite his good behavior, Yousef says, he is being kept isolated because he is a convicted terrorist, something he can never change

Let's see now, he's locked up because he's a murdering terrorist and he's been good because he has absolutely no opportunity to be otherwise.  Seems as though everything is working as planned.

Board footer

cruelery.com