#2 2013-03-01 08:05:36

He's way too busy running around sucking the Ayatollahs dick to respond to "allegations" and as a senior cabinet minister will be protected from this for "the dignity of the administration".

#3 2013-03-01 10:44:23

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/34 … -botwinick

First we have Obaaaama discovering 7 new states, now we have gold digging Kerry inventing whole countries.  The country is in the very best of hands.  Must be all that smart diplomacy.

#4 2013-03-01 11:11:59

Phreddy, please put your sock-puppet away; it has already become boring.

#5 2013-03-01 11:16:49

Emmeran wrote:

What?  Having two or three informed conservatives here too many for you?

#6 2013-03-01 11:21:45

I love a good argument. Too bad neither of you have one.

#7 2013-03-01 11:53:05

phreddy wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

I don't much like Kerry myself but mispronouncing the name of a non-descript Eurasian state isn't really a sign of anything except maybe jet lag or hangover.  Hell I have trouble making it through the day without stumbling over at least one word or even worse calling Melons by my ex-wife's name.  (I can assure you that little slip never goes over well)

#8 2013-03-01 12:00:25

Emmeran wrote:

Hell I have trouble making it through the day without stumbling over at least one word or even worse calling Melons by my ex-wife's name.  (I can assure you that little slip never goes over well)

Jesus, Melons is more forgiving than my wife would be if I muttered another lover's name in her ear more than once.

#9 2013-03-01 12:25:38

phreddy wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Hell I have trouble making it through the day without stumbling over at least one word or even worse calling Melons by my ex-wife's name.  (I can assure you that little slip never goes over well)

Jesus, Melons is more forgiving than my wife would be if I muttered another lover's name in her ear more than once.

Melons is definitely an amazing creature, I have not the words to truly describe her graceful nature and amazing talents. 

(and I'm not even talking about the fun bedtime stuff)

Shit - thanks for reminding me, it's her birthday today - I had best get busy.

Last edited by Emmeran (2013-03-01 12:27:04)

#10 2013-03-02 02:29:11

Emmeran wrote:

I don't much like Kerry myself but mispronouncing the name of a non-descript Eurasian state isn't really a sign of anything except maybe jet lag or hangover.

If it was W, there'd already be shirts, stencils on every building, TDS clips shared ad absurdem, memes of it, etc.  It's troubling that a "people" give this "man" a pass who was almost president.  Shouldn't a failed presidential candidate, and now Secretary of State, know how to pronounce some non-descript central Asian country that has been an ally on the war on terror?  Nyah, just jet lag.  Also, you forgot Poland.

phreddy wrote:

I'm about as conservative as Hitchens.

#11 2013-03-04 10:06:23

I love the way our collectivity has decided to pervert the meanings of the words 'conservative' and 'liberal' to become absolute terms of beliefs.

Therefore, i have decided to say 'nominally conservative' or 'nominally liberal' to explain general identification with a political group.  Or, i could just call myself a 'half-person'.

#12 2013-03-04 11:22:19

Egoist wrote:

phreddy wrote:

I'm about as conservative as Hitchens.

Hitchens was all over the map, but by the time he died, he had seen the light.  He didn't like being labeled a conservative, but he railed against totalitarian rule by government and religion.  He valued individual independence and responsibility over centralized control.  In my mind these are conservative values, but I suppose we all have the right to our own labels.

#13 2013-03-04 22:17:04

Libertarian? Alas, that moniker appears to carry a stigma on these here boulevards.

Last edited by JetRx (2013-03-04 22:29:13)

#14 2013-03-04 23:06:32

JetRx wrote:

Libertarian? Alas, that moniker appears to carry a stigma on these here boulevards.

The terms liberal, conservative, and libertarian have been redefined as labels to mean whatever their detractors wish them to mean.

Edited for Oxford comma

Last edited by opsec (2013-03-04 23:07:43)

#15 2013-03-05 17:59:54

JetRx wrote:

A "pure" Libertarian is as rare as a "pure" Communist.  When I hear "Libertarian", I usually think "selfish prick".

Board footer

cruelery.com