#2 2013-01-22 11:57:57

Add in the nearly 30% of European youngsters who are both unemployed and funded by the state and the potential for vast armies of pitchfork and torch wielding anarchist-for-a-day "activists" and I'm going to need more popcorn for watching the news.

#3 2013-01-23 10:29:57

Just nuking all of Europe probably isn't a bad idea, we've got all of their recipes now and really have enough cuckoo clocks to last us for several generations.

#4 2013-01-23 12:17:12

Let's drop the big one and pulverize 'em.

We'll save Australia - wouldn't want to hurt no kangaroos.

#5 2013-01-23 13:02:03

#6 2013-01-23 13:44:39

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Add in the nearly 30% of European youngsters who are both unemployed and funded by the state and the potential for vast armies of pitchfork and torch wielding anarchist-for-a-day "activists" and I'm going to need more popcorn for watching the news.

Good thing every able bodied adult in Switzerland owns an assault rifle and is a part of their armed militia.

#7 2013-01-23 13:48:11

Emmeran wrote:

Just nuking all of Europe probably isn't a bad idea, we've got all of their recipes now and really have enough cuckoo clocks to last us for several generations.

Right after we burn the entire Middle East into glass.

#8 2013-01-23 14:28:43

Emmeran wrote:

Are you not going there for your weding next month?

Want to wait until you get back?

#9 2013-01-31 01:26:04

Wedding delayed due to imminent cross-continental move.  Life sucks that way sometimes.

In other news: The storm front seems to be building.

#10 2013-01-31 09:30:14

Emmeran wrote:

Speaking of that, we really need another Archduke Franz Ferdinand these days.  Anyone know who inherited the title?

#11 2013-01-31 20:15:02

whosasailorthen wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Speaking of that, we really need another Archduke Franz Ferdinand these days.  Anyone know who inherited the title?

Prince Lorenz of Belgium, Archduke of Austria-Este

Last time the dominoes fell as such: Franz Ferdinand, the Archduke of Austria was killed by a group calling itself the Black Hand.  Because they were a Serbian Nationalist group, the Emperor declared war on Serbia.  Then Russia, who was bound by a treaty declared war on Austria, forcing Germany to mobilize and declare war on Russia.  Then France and England declared war on Germany.

And there you have WWI.  All because the Emperor's nephew was killed.

#12 2013-01-31 21:11:15

Not because the Brits attacked the German railroad line to Baghdad?

#13 2013-01-31 23:17:24

Baywolfe wrote:

whosasailorthen wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Last time the dominoes fell as such: Franz Ferdinand, the Archduke of Austria was killed by a group calling itself the Black Hand.  Because they were a Serbian Nationalist group, the Emperor declared war on Serbia.  Then Russia, who was bound by a treaty declared war on Austria, forcing Germany to mobilize and declare war on Russia.  Then France and England declared war on Germany.

Umm.  Yeah.

That's kinda why I made the reference, Wolfie.... Austro-Hungary... start of WWI... 

You know, they're really not very cheeky when you have to 'splain 'em.

Last edited by whosasailorthen (2013-01-31 23:18:18)

#14 2013-02-01 13:57:43

whosasailorthen wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

whosasailorthen wrote:

Umm.  Yeah.

That's kinda why I made the reference, Wolfie.... Austro-Hungary... start of WWI... 

You know, they're really not very cheeky when you have to 'splain 'em.

Well, my (long-winded) point really was, killing Prince Lorenz wouldn't necessarily make WWIII happen today in Europe.  Not until the Islamists are running every country, anyway.

#15 2013-02-01 14:05:09

Baywolfe wrote:

... Not until the Islamists are running every country, anyway.

Tic, tock... tic, tock...

#17 2013-03-09 17:50:46

...which prompted North Korea to respond with fresh threats of nuclear war.

I like how they just casually throw that on the table.

#18 2013-03-09 18:32:27

GooberMcNutly wrote:

There has been a criminal neglect in Congress to do anything to halt the proliferation of nuclear weapons in this world.  My only consolation is that DC has to be high on the target list.

#19 2013-03-09 19:30:36

Baywolfe wrote:

There has been a criminal neglect in Congress...

Not to get political but . . .  well duh.

#21 2013-03-26 23:06:48

Fid

Baywolfe wrote:

GooberMcNutly wrote:

There has been a criminal neglect in Congress to do anything to halt the proliferation of nuclear weapons in this world.  My only consolation is that DC has to be high on the target list.

Oh what a boon that would be...

#22 2013-04-03 03:05:50

It appears the Prussians are losing patience, they seem to be growing tired of doing the guilt thing.

Board footer

cruelery.com