#1 2013-05-10 14:40:16

After getting caught in multiple lies about Benghazi, Obama and friends have held a private, off the record, meeting with their media and press sock puppets to give them talking points so they can defend the 12 revisions the administration feed to the press during the debacle.  If there's a god, this whole pack of lies will blow up in Obama's face, just like Watergate did for Nixon.

#2 2013-05-10 14:58:19

phreddy wrote:

After getting caught in multiple lies about Benghazi, Obama and friends have held a private, off the record, meeting with their media and press sock puppets to give them talking points so they can defend the 12 revisions the administration feed to the press during the debacle.  If there's a god, this whole pack of lies will blow up in Obama's face, just like Watergate did for Nixon.

Official time-line; I'd be happy to hear how you would have improved the response (aside from providing the requested funding for security - oh wait - that was the Repubs who slashed that budget).

September 11 (Events are listed using the time in Benghazi)

9:42 p.m. -- Armed men begin their assault on the U.S. Consulate.

9:59 p.m. -- A surveillance drone is directed to fly over the U.S. compound, but it is unarmed.

10:32 p.m. -- The Office of the Secretary Defense and the Joint Staff are notified of the attack by the National Military Command Center at the Pentagon. "The information is quickly passed to Secretary Panetta and General Dempsey."

11 p.m. -- Panetta and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Martin Dempsey meet with President Obama at the White House where they discuss the unfolding situation and how to respond. The meeting had been previously scheduled.

11:10 p.m. -- The surveillance drone arrives over the Benghazi facility.

11:30 p.m. -- All surviving U.S. personnel are evacuated from the consulate. U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and State Department computer expert Sean Smith were killed in the initial assault.

September 12

Midnight to 2 a.m. -- Panetta and other senior leaders discuss possible options for further violence if it were to break out. Panetta gives verbal orders for Marine anti-terrorist teams from Rota, Spain, to prepare to deploy to Tripoli and Benghazi. Panetta also orders a special operations force team training in Croatia and an additional special operations force team in the United States to prepare to deploy to a staging base in southern Italy.

1:30 a.m. -- A six-man security team from the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli arrives in Benghazi.

2:39 a.m. to 2:53 a.m. -- The National Military Command Center gives formal authorization for the deployment of the two special operations force teams from Croatia and the United States.

5:15 a.m. -- Attackers launch assault on a second U.S. facility in Benghazi. Two former U.S. Navy SEALs acting as security contractors are killed. They are identified as Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty.

6:05 a.m. -- A C-17 aircraft in Germany is told to prepare to deploy to Libya to evacuate the consulate personnel.

7:40 a.m. -- The first wave of Americans are evacuated to Tripoli via airplane.

10 a.m. -- A second group, including those killed in the attack, are flown to Tripoli.

2:15 p.m. -- The C-17 departs from Germany for the flight to Tripoli.

7:17 p.m. -- The C-17 leaves Tripoli with the American consulate personnel and the bodies of Stevens, Smith, Woods and Doherty.

7:57 p.m. -- The U.S. special operations force team based in Croatia arrives at a staging base in Italy.

8:56 p.m. -- One of the Marine anti-terrorist teams from Spain arrives in Tripoli.

9:28 p.m. -- The U.S.-based special operations force team arrives at its staging base in Italy.

#3 2013-05-10 15:44:39

I'm still not sure what the problem is.

Is it because Susan Rice said she was told it was a riot about a movie?

I don't really expect to know exactly what's going on just a few days after something like this happens. I think it was a good while after 9/11 before we knew the broad strokes of that story.

#4 2013-05-11 09:59:52

Htom Sirveaux wrote:

Is it because Susan Rice said she was told it was a riot about a movie?

A primer.

#5 2013-05-11 15:29:11

Of course none of this raised an eyebrow before by Faux Nus and thier most ardent adherent, Comrade Phweddski: (Dude, where was your criticism then?)

http://thedailybanter.com/2013/05/13-be … -fox-news/

Last edited by Dmtdust (2013-05-11 15:32:23)

#6 2013-05-11 19:55:30

Htom Sirveaux wrote:

Maybe it's because Republicans are true patriots with national security and domestic tranquility foremost in their minds at all times. Maybe it's because the President is less reflective of light than plain typewriter paper? Or just maybe it's because when someone dies in a foreign shithole halfway around the world in a manner deeply involved with the most intractable problem of our time, the administration has clear duty to publicly announce within minutes a complete, accurate and highly detailed account without the slightest error.

#7 2013-05-11 20:09:01

Tall Paul wrote:

Maybe it's because Republicans are true patriots with national security and domestic tranquility foremost in their minds at all times. Maybe it's because the President is less reflective of light than plain typewriter paper? Or just maybe it's because when someone dies in a foreign shithole halfway around the world in a manner deeply involved with the most intractable problem of our time, the administration has clear duty to publicly announce within minutes a complete, accurate and highly detailed account without the slightest error.

You forgot the sarcasm tags...

#8 2013-05-11 20:43:24

Emmeran wrote:

Tall Paul wrote:

You forgot the sarcasm tags...

No, Em. On High Street I only need non-sarcasm tags.

Edit: Damn! How could I forget the most important point of all? The Constitution clearly spells out that only the first draft of any governmental announcement can be used. Editing is fine for us poor untutored yokels, but anyone with enough education to know that windmills slow down the cool breezes can tell you that smart people always get everything right the first time.

Last edited by Tall Paul (2013-05-11 21:10:41)

#9 2013-05-12 08:20:21

Bengazi Fugazi neonazianasaziilienastasi

#11 2013-05-12 14:16:26

Does anybody see a pattern here? The GOP searches desperately for something, anything to pin on Democrats because they look so incredibly ridiculous with no help from anyone. And although the party keeps trying to stop their own idiots from making complete asses of themselves, there apparently is no easy answer when you have elected psychotics to hold office and make decisions for you.

Phreddy, when your politicians are ready to answer for their crimes, THEN maybe we can talk about other, far less pressing issues. Until then, please keep entertaining me with your failed attempts to make the other guys look bad.

#12 2013-05-13 11:30:52

doesyourpussyhurt wrote:

Phreddy, when your politicians are ready to answer for their crimes, THEN maybe we can talk about other, far less pressing issues. Until then, please keep entertaining me with your failed attempts to make the other guys look bad.

Failed attempts to make Obama and Company look bad?  They don't need my help.  They're a nest of liars and they have now been caught.  The question is, are you going to give them a just pass because he's giving you goodies paid for by the people?

Benghazi is only the tip of the iceberg.  If you and the public believe it's OK for the administration to lie to the American public for political gain and to sick the IRS on political enemies, then welcome to third world authoritarianism.  Just remember, once the box is open, the shit lands on everyone.

At various points over the past two years, Internal Revenue Service officials targeted nonprofit groups that criticized the government and sought to educate Americans about the U.S. Constitution, according to documents in an audit conducted by the agency’s inspector general.

"The conclusion that the IRS came to is that they did have agents who were engaged in intimidation of political groups," Michigan Rep. Mike Rogers told "Fox News Sunday." "I don't care if you're a conservative, a liberal, a Democrat or a Republican, this should send a chill up your spine. It needs to have a full investigation."

#13 2013-05-13 12:14:05

Tell me who laid the ground plan for it?  Yeah I am not fond of the guy.  He isn't even original, all he did was follow Bush's lead, and the path that Cheney laid out.

#14 2013-05-13 12:27:39

Phreddy, you are so slanted I'm surprised you can walk upright.

#16 2013-05-13 13:33:40

Dmtdust wrote:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-3460_162-57584087/gates-some-benghazi-critics-have-cartoonish-view-of-military-capability/?google_editors_picks=true

Apparently, you and Fled and others would have gladly accepted Nixon's bullshit spin on Watergate.  Would it surprise you to learn that the truth about scandals and coverups rarely comes from those involved?  Read this version of events for a little more objective analysis of the situation.

Make no mistake: Benghazi is a major scandal. Benghazi is a scandal before, during and after the terrorist attack that left four Americas dead, including an ambassador.

For months before, there were warnings about weak security at the U.S. Consulate in Libya; no one paid attention. During the attack, when Americans were begging for help, the White House ignored their pleas, sent no help.

#17 2013-05-13 13:46:28

phreddy wrote:

Dmtdust wrote:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-3460_162-57584087/gates-some-benghazi-critics-have-cartoonish-view-of-military-capability/?google_editors_picks=true

Apparently, you and Fled and others would have gladly accepted Nixon's bullshit spin on Watergate.  Would it surprise you to learn that the truth about scandals and coverups rarely comes from those involved?  Read this version of events for a little more objective analysis of the situation.

Make no mistake: Benghazi is a major scandal. Benghazi is a scandal before, during and after the terrorist attack that left four Americas dead, including an ambassador.

For months before, there were warnings about weak security at the U.S. Consulate in Libya; no one paid attention. During the attack, when Americans were begging for help, the White House ignored their pleas, sent no help.

"Joseph Curl is an American writer and political columnist for The Washington Times. The website MediaBistro.com has speculated that Curl also works for the Drudge Report, a news aggregation website".

Yeah, I would posit there was a cock up.  Not unlike the 13 embassy attacks during Bushes era etc.  The system is broken, but then who voted down extra money for security at embassies etc.?  I forgot which party squashed that, you know the uber-patriotic one.

#18 2013-05-13 13:47:46

Joseph Curl:  Not someone with an agenda, eh?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drudge_Report

#19 2013-05-13 17:12:41

Dmtdust wrote:

Of course the flares are sent up by the opposition, who else?  According to your logic, only those who drink the Obama kool-aid should have the right to expose his misdeeds. You may not approve of the messenger, but that does not alter the facts.  The truth is the truth.  Don't expect it to come from the mouth (or mouthpiece) of the perp.

#20 2013-05-13 17:45:41

phreddy wrote:

Dmtdust wrote:

Of course the flares are sent up by the opposition, who else?  According to your logic, only those who drink the Obama kool-aid should have the right to expose his misdeeds. You may not approve of the messenger, but that does not alter the facts.  The truth is the truth.  Don't expect it to come from the mouth (or mouthpiece) of the perp.

"See in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda."

#21 2013-05-13 18:28:57

phreddy wrote:

Read this version of events for a little more objective analysis of the situation.

By their second term “inside the bubble,” presidents have completely lost touch with reality: Aides and confidants conspire to keep the chief executive insulated from the real world — the bad news, the worse press coverage. They think it’s their job, and lounging on the Oval Office couches, they nod along with the president’s every musing.

But this presidency has taken OOCS to new heights. Mr. Obama has only a few trusted aides, and occasional leaks from the West Wing show a paranoid president suspicious of nearly everyone around him. Supremely confident, convinced by the fawning minions at his feet that he is untouchable, the president dismisses all controversy as partisan attacks by an overzealous opposition. A pliant press corps of stenographers follows in lockstep.

Please point out which part of these opening paragraphs you would consider "objective analysis"?

#22 2013-05-13 21:36:59

phreddy wrote:

Dmtdust wrote:

You lack a governor on your dim on logic gear.

#24 2013-05-13 23:23:29

phreddy wrote:

doesyourpussyhurt wrote:

Failed attempts to make Obama and Company look bad?  They don't need my help.  They're a nest of liars and they have now been caught.  The question is, are you going to give them a just pass because he's giving you goodies paid for by the people?

Benghazi is only the tip of the iceberg.  If you and the public believe it's OK for the administration to lie to the American public for political gain and to sick the IRS on political enemies, then welcome to third world authoritarianism.  Just remember, once the box is open, the shit lands on everyone.

At various points over the past two years, Internal Revenue Service officials targeted nonprofit groups that criticized the government and sought to educate Americans about the U.S. Constitution, according to documents in an audit conducted by the agency’s inspector general.

"The conclusion that the IRS came to is that they did have agents who were engaged in intimidation of political groups," Michigan Rep. Mike Rogers told "Fox News Sunday." "I don't care if you're a conservative, a liberal, a Democrat or a Republican, this should send a chill up your spine. It needs to have a full investigation."

And pray tell, what "goodies" is he giving me? The same thing he is giving you.....nothing. You can play your little game all you want, but reality shows you and your party are ridiculous. I have no great caring for Obama, but what your party has to offer is nothing but fools. So keep on trying to blame everything on a man who really has no power to do any of the things you and yours continuously claim. Maybe some day one of your accusations will stick, but until then, you look no better than the other right wing fools.

Board footer

cruelery.com