#1 2007-10-02 19:12:09

2 Questions... have you figured out a way to hide the display of IPs?  I am not particularly fond of the feature being displayed for everyone to see.  Fine for admin, but eesh.  Not that I can't mask mine easily but that's a bit of an effort beyond what I'd like to put in.

Also, have you turned into a frog?

Allow HTML plugin

Ce plugin permet d'autoriser l'utilisation des balises [html] [/html] pour insérer du code html dans les post.
Autorisations d'utiliser les balises

Pour les posts du groupe Administrators      Oui     Non
Pour les posts du groupe Moderators      Oui     Non
Pour les posts du groupe Guest      Oui     Non
Pour les posts du groupe Members      Oui     Non

Heh.

#2 2007-10-02 20:34:27

I agree. Anonymity is important to the cause.

#3 2007-10-02 20:44:32

Yes, find a way to fix the IP issue, or go use http://www.simplemachines.org/

It installs in about 10 minutes or less, requires no brain, and has way more features than the current board.  It also hides IPs.

RT

#4 2007-10-02 21:06:14

I agree.  While ips can be harvested (I used to do it on cruel), showing them makes it too easy for idiot-trolls who might complain to ISPs, or worse to corporate IT departments... which was only funny when we were threatening Horse with it. 

I notice you've got a private registration Choad, so unlike rcade you won't have to deal with the Meg Kelsos of the world.  I've had a couple of 1and1 accounts, the first FREE Apache one you helped get me (which I believe is still active), and an IIS business account which I've had for about a year.  I don't use it for web service much, mostly storage and transfers, (and hanging shitloads of subdoms off of)  but I've been very happy with storage/bandwidth for the price.

I only had a quick peek up your address RT, but I had a camera on my shoe.

#5 2007-10-02 21:31:13

I"m not concerned with the home IP as much as the work one.  But if they can't be concealed, I won't be doing any work-side/lunch time posting.

I actuallly like my current job...

#6 2007-10-03 00:01:56

Roger_That wrote:

I"m not concerned with the home IP as much as the work one.  But if they can't be concealed, I won't be doing any work-side/lunch time posting.

I'll hose IPs entirely tomorrow. [edit: done]

Dunno yet whether to enable it for everyone, but Admins can already use html to their hearts desire. Any thoughts?

If there's system software better than this, sure, why not?

OPSEC, have any thoughts on alternatives?

#7 2007-10-03 08:15:08

I can tell you simple machines is awesome.  I use it for 2 forums I have for clients.

However, with IP's disabled, I'm fine with this.  It might be useful to have IP's available for admins, in case banning is necessary.

I'm not for banning, unless it's incredibly warranted (like spam).

Board footer

cruelery.com