#1 2013-09-22 22:46:42

Why the fuck do they keep fucking up our global warming models?

(Disclaimer:  Everything should always be left better than you found it so stop fucking up my nature)

#2 2013-09-22 23:33:07

As an avid fossil hunter and an amateur natural history buff I think the whole discussion on climate change is ridiculous.  The world's climate has done nothing but constantly change throughout history and for the most part it's currently the most stable that it's been over the last 100,000 years or so.  I listened to a podcast the other day where two statist buffoons were discussing what temperature the earth should be at and what legislation it would take to get it there.  I couldn't even wrap my mind around their mode of thinking, they were discussing cataclysmic results from just a single degree of temperature change.  All I could think about at the time was how when I go fossil hunting in Wyoming and Montana that I'm digging up plants and animals that lived in a tropical rain forest.  Climates change and they do it non stop, no amount of robbing the public through taxation is going to stop it.

#3 2013-09-22 23:43:16

Dirckman wrote:

As an avid fossil hunter and an amateur natural history buff I think the whole discussion on climate change is ridiculous.  The world's climate has done nothing but constantly change throughout history and for the most part it's currently the most stable that it's been over the last 100,000 years or so.  I listened to a podcast the other day where two statist buffoons were discussing what temperature the earth should be at and what legislation it would take to get it there.  I couldn't even wrap my mind around their mode of thinking, they were discussing cataclysmic results from just a single degree of temperature change.  All I could think about at the time was how when I go fossil hunting in Wyoming and Montana that I'm digging up plants and animals that lived in a tropical rain forest.  Climates change and they do it non stop, no amount of robbing the public through taxation is going to stop it.

Do you really think fossil history up on the High Lonesome is applicable?

I'm actually inclined to agree with that - however I do feel we need to stop being stupid for a bit of figurative wealth.  Taking a company into bankruptcy to avoid paying to clean up your mess is just rude in my world, obviously rudeness is not something I can abide by.

#4 2013-09-22 23:55:09

Emmeran wrote:

Fuck yes.

#5 2013-09-23 00:03:44

MSG Tripps wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Fuck yes.

Were it not for Melons I'd be there now, what the fuck do I need all these people around me for?

#6 2013-09-23 00:06:21

Emmeran wrote:

MSG Tripps wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Fuck yes.

Were it not for Melons I'd be there now, what the fuck do I need all these people around me for?

Personally I'm working on getting out of the "high lonesome" to a place that doesn't have winters.  If all goes as planned I'll be living in Las Vegas within a year.

#7 2013-09-23 00:14:17

Dirckman wrote:

Personally I'm working on getting out of the "high lonesome" to a place that doesn't have winters.  If all goes as planned I'll be living in Las Vegas within a year.

Good luck with that and enjoy the fools which that kind of weather attracts - fucking idiots are like squeeters and feas, you need a good hard frost to drive them off.  I'm not sorry to have left that shithole called SoCal.  I'll gladly take the fucking cold. 

Funny add on bit, these New Englanders see my Cali plates and give me shit about the on coming winter until I tell them I grew up in Nebraska, they then normally say that I'm going to enjoy the warm winters here.

(I've lived in Williston, I have a pretty good understanding of what cold is)

Last edited by Emmeran (2013-09-23 00:18:02)

#8 2013-09-23 00:32:10

Emmeran wrote:

Dirckman wrote:

Good luck with that and enjoy the fools which that kind of weather attracts - fucking idiots are like squeeters and feas, you need a good hard frost to drive them off.  I'm not sorry to have left that shithole called SoCal.  I'll gladly take the fucking cold. 

Funny add on bit, these New Englanders see my Cali plates and give me shit about the on coming winter until I tell them I grew up in Nebraska, they then normally say that I'm going to enjoy the warm winters here.

(I've lived in Williston, I have a pretty good understanding of what cold is)

I've made a few trips down there this Summer to cruise neighborhoods and let a real estate agent show me some homes.  I got into a few shithole neighborhoods, but Las Vegas still has lower violent crime rate than Rapid City, SD by a long shot.  They may have some crazies that come and go, but the Lakota Sioux are here to stay and I'd rather walk through any Las Vegas neighborhood at night than I would a Lakota neighborhood.  Williston is also part of the reason I want to get the hell out of here, that place is attracting a new breed of crazies, usually from Texas, that I haven't seen before and it's bringing all kinds of new things into the region.  Methamphetamine is exploding, murder, human trafficking and prostitution have all become the new thing.  If I'm going to be living in a place with all that going on I might as well not have winter on top of it.  Not only that, but Las Vegas homes cost half of what they do here.

Board footer

cruelery.com