#2 2013-11-24 00:08:52

I personally hate the man.....  He painted the picture of an idyllic world my mom thought existed and should (and could) be achieved.  I remember seeing her being extremely depressed, esp. during the holidays, when our family just didn't quite measure up to the bullshit pipe dream he created.  If I were to meet him in a back alley I would punch him in the dick.

#3 2013-11-24 02:58:59

Dmtdust wrote:

Norman liked da boys.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24571755

Rockwell was not a happy guy with either sex and the biography in question reaches no conclusion on the subject. I covered his home town as a reporter but met him only once. Sexual orientation was the last thing he projected. I can say with conviction, though, Rockwell painted from life. His subjects and the world he illustrated were real, once upon a time. I saw them myself.

#4 2013-11-24 13:33:40

Dirckman wrote:

I personally hate the man.....  He painted the picture of an idyllic world my mom thought existed and should (and could) be achieved.  I remember seeing her being extremely depressed, esp. during the holidays, when our family just didn't quite measure up to the bullshit pipe dream he created.  If I were to meet him in a back alley I would punch him in the dick.

I grew up in a town that produced one of the more famous hunting dog artists. His technique was pen and ink and he specialized in Labrador Retrievers. The paintings were always a dog with a big fat duck in its mouth and happily retrieving it back to his master. He never drew any of the Labs I ever owned or there would have been scenes of the dog shitting a huge pile or digging a big ass hole in my yard, fucking my kid's basketball or retrieving my wife's bloody panties from the dirty clothes bin and dropping them at my feet during breakfast. He deserves a dick punch too.

Last edited by Banjo (2013-11-24 13:34:06)

#5 2013-11-24 14:21:39

On the long drive Melons took us to the café in Lee, MA which was the site of the kid/cop painting, the place remains exactly as Rockwell did it.  Genius or human copy machine I don't much care, some of his work was quite wonderful; some of the others he did seemed to be drawn simply to pay the mortgage.

(BTW:  The food at said café wasn't very good)

Last edited by Emmeran (2013-11-24 14:28:56)

#6 2013-11-24 18:42:41

Emmeran wrote:

On the long drive Melons took us to the café in Lee, MA which was the site of the kid/cop painting, the place remains exactly as Rockwell did it.

I delighted myself several times luring the unwary to that dinner. From the street, you'd never know. The food always sucked.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2130/2489482523_33ef279e53_z.jpg

Your tour guide knows her geography.

#7 2013-11-24 19:40:37

Banjo wrote:

Dirckman wrote:

I grew up in a town that produced one of the more famous hunting dog artists. His technique was pen and ink and he specialized in Labrador Retrievers. The paintings were always a dog with a big fat duck in its mouth and happily retrieving it back to his master. He never drew any of the Labs I ever owned or there would have been scenes of the dog shitting a huge pile or digging a big ass hole in my yard, fucking my kid's basketball or retrieving my wife's bloody panties from the dirty clothes bin and dropping them at my feet during breakfast. He deserves a dick punch too.

The dog, or the artist?

#8 2013-11-24 20:03:34

Tall Paul wrote:

Banjo wrote:

Dirckman wrote:

The dog, or the artist?

Sounds like both of them.....

Board footer

cruelery.com