#2 2011-09-04 16:31:29

I say fuck you to whoever doesn't want to ID voters.  Voting fraud is a huge problem in this country that is orchestrated by both parties.

#3 2011-09-04 18:38:58

fortinbras wrote:

Voting fraud is a huge problem in this country

Verify that for me.  Just that part.  Show me documentation of this "huge problem."

#4 2011-09-04 18:57:33

George Orr wrote:

fortinbras wrote:

Verify that for me.  Just that part.  Show me documentation of this "huge problem."

Yeah, show me documentation of voter fraud being a huge problem, not including repug voting machine hacks.

#5 2011-09-04 19:39:07

Tall Paul wrote:

George Orr wrote:

fortinbras wrote:

Yeah, show me documentation of voter fraud being a huge problem, not including repug voting machine hacks.

The computerized voting machines I've had issues with since day 1 as well, eliminating a paper trail and depending on numbers that can easily be changed with a few strokes of a keyboard was brain dead stupid from the start.

#6 2011-09-04 20:13:06

The great thing about conspiracy theories is you don't have to prove a thing.....

#7 2011-09-04 20:29:31

The only proven voting fraud in recent US history involved voting machines programmed to nullify votes for Democratic candidates and instead record votes for their Republican opponents!

#8 2011-09-04 23:54:38

Fid

fortinbras wrote:

I say fuck you to whoever doesn't want to ID voters.  Voting fraud is a huge problem in this country that is orchestrated by both parties.

I see you side stepped the request for facts with more moronic nonsense. How often to you have to go the the local Rethug coven to get your head refilled with jizz?

#9 2011-09-05 07:38:30

While I was up in Maine this summer, yet another phony story of voter fraudwas promoted by a republican hack. 

Do these stories ever pan out?

#10 2011-09-06 08:29:03

I just want to know why the same people who don't complain about having to get identification in order to consume public assistance start bitching when they have to produce the same piece of paper once every year or two.

#11 2011-09-06 13:11:53

GooberMcNutly wrote:

I just want to know why the same people who don't complain about having to get identification in order to consume public assistance start bitching when they have to produce the same piece of paper once every year or two.

Are they the same people?  How exactly do you know?

#12 2011-09-06 13:36:49

Fled wrote:

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Are they the same people?  How exactly do you know?

He knows because he is an authority.  Just ask him, he knows!

#13 2011-09-06 16:54:20

OK, OK, I confess. When I was living on illegally obtained welfare checks and smoking eight or nine grams of crack a day, I used to wander from polling center to polling center casting fraudulent votes for Democrats who, in turn, would reward me with Cadillacs, more crack, and tickets to Justin Bieber concerts.

I'm so glad I got that off my chest. Whew!

#14 2011-09-06 17:37:32

Taint wrote:

OK, OK, I confess. When I was living on illegally obtained welfare checks and smoking eight or nine grams of crack a day, I used to wander from polling center to polling center casting fraudulent votes for Democrats who, in turn, would reward me with Cadillacs, more crack, and tickets to Justin Bieber concerts.

I'm so glad I got that off my chest. Whew!

You too!?

#15 2011-09-06 17:50:01

I can play this game too: Maybe getting ID for voting IS too much trouble for some people. And if it's too much trouble for some people, it's too much trouble for everyone. Remove the requirement. You should be able to walk into any polling place, put up your hand and swear that you are really Elmer T Fudd and you are ready to vote. Won't that make the poll lines move quickly? 

So quickly, let's just get more of a good idea. Background papers for getting a drivers license? What, don't you trust me? Bother with a birth certificate to get a passport? Who has time to go dig it up? Show photo id when filling in an application for credit? Why do they treat us all like criminals?

Since when has it been a crime to ask someone to prove that they are a citizen and in the right place to vote and to ensure that they only vote once? Who, exactly, are you hurting?

Look, I have to get a background check and pay for fingerprint cards in order to accompany my daughter's class on a field trip to a farm. But some people are too lazy to bother to get a free photo identification card so they can exercise their civic duty.

I'll admit, it's not the most pressing issue facing this country. But are you willing to admit that it NEVER happens?

#16 2011-09-06 18:20:24

GooberMcNutly wrote:

I can play this game too: Maybe getting ID for voting IS too much trouble for some people. And if it's too much trouble for some people, it's too much trouble for everyone. Remove the requirement. You should be able to walk into any polling place, put up your hand and swear that you are really Elmer T Fudd and you are ready to vote. Won't that make the poll lines move quickly? 

So quickly, let's just get more of a good idea. Background papers for getting a drivers license? What, don't you trust me? Bother with a birth certificate to get a passport? Who has time to go dig it up? Show photo id when filling in an application for credit? Why do they treat us all like criminals?

Since when has it been a crime to ask someone to prove that they are a citizen and in the right place to vote and to ensure that they only vote once? Who, exactly, are you hurting?

Look, I have to get a background check and pay for fingerprint cards in order to accompany my daughter's class on a field trip to a farm. But some people are too lazy to bother to get a free photo identification card so they can exercise their civic duty.

I'll admit, it's not the most pressing issue facing this country. But are you willing to admit that it NEVER happens?

Probably happens less than intentional voter fraud.  Actually the last proven case here in SoCal was a Republican Activist - fucking idiot actually voted in two different districts.  (I can provide the news articles if you like)

#17 2011-09-07 08:50:02

So, why are you fighting it?

Don't make me send Jimmy Carter over there to certify that it's a fair election!

#18 2011-09-07 10:53:09

GooberMcNutly wrote:

So, why are you fighting it?

Don't make me send Jimmy Carter over there to certify that it's a fair election!

Okay, I'll go along with it provided you will supported mandatory photo ID before using a public urinal.  It will solve the same number of problems, and may help to keep the floor dribblers away.

#19 2011-09-08 09:31:47

Voting isn't the same as consuming a public benefit. We all know that you don't have to be a citizen, or even in the country legally, to consume as many public benefits and services as you want.

But voting is different. It's the cornerstone of our republic and it's kind of important to get it right because it's one of those things where even the slight smell of corruption is enough to cause people to distrust the whole system.

But don't worry. I predict that the next presidential election cycle will be so dirty, shady and corrupted that more voters will opt to vote for American Idol than the executive or legislative branches. Then we will know the grand experiment is over.

#20 2011-09-08 11:02:46

GooberMcNutly wrote:

Then we will know the grand experiment is over.

It was over in 1999 when the Supreme Court decided to void the election and appoint Bush.

#21 2011-09-08 12:00:16

So, Goob, just curious: what are your feelings about a national identification card?

#22 2011-09-08 12:57:42

Taint, I'm a dedicated fence sitter on the subject. I think it's primary purpose is as a touchstone for the acceptance of Federal control over the states vis-a-vis states rights and the 10th amendment.

On a practical note, it's really going to be no different than the deck of cards that the states have to manage now: Drivers license, WIC, welfare, library, etc. They can spend their money and time making sure that a single card is built well and keeping the database clean. Anyone who interfaces with government services will tell you that it bears more relations to medieval city states than any kind of unified effort.

On a tinfoil hat note, I really don't want the government to have a single point of failure, nor a single point of monitoring of all of your activities. Likewise, it's too easy to hold you hostage with your card, preventing you from performing simple actions like buying groceries if you have annoyed the government in any way. Plus, can you imagine how many hack attacks per day that database would have to sustain?

Lastly, on a realistic note, I think we all know that no matter how well the government and the contractors build the card and database, you will still be able to counterfeit or bribe your way to record changes. Plus, better or worse (depending on your "needs") people will accept the answers from the database unquestioningly. That is also a dangerous premise, when people trust a system too much.

I have always operated under the premise that it's best to ask the uncomfortable questions, but be open minded about the answers you hear. It's one of the reasons that I think that the near total elimination of rhetoric and forensics from the school system is responsible for many of the government excesses we have. If people had the skills to parse the truth out of the spin we would have very different politicians, not to mention advertising.

#23 2011-09-08 13:43:53

GooberMcNutly wrote:

If people had the skills to parse the truth out of the spin we would have very different politicians, not to mention advertising.

That's a mighty big 'IF'

Last edited by Emmeran (2011-09-08 13:47:17)

#27 2014-06-05 20:16:54

CSI Hinds County: Tea-Party Ballot Fuckery

"There are conflicting stories from the three of them, which began to raise the red flag, and we're trying to get to the bottom of it," Cain said. "No official charges have been filed at this point, but we don't know where the investigation will lead us."

McDaniel campaign spokesman Noel Fritsch issued a statement late Wednesday saying the campaign "sent people to the Hinds courthouse to obtain the outstanding numbers and observe the count." The statement reiterated the people were allowed in by "uniformed personnel" and then being locked inside.

#28 2014-06-05 20:42:07

Tall Paul wrote:

CSI Hinds County: Tea-Party Ballot Fuckery

"There are conflicting stories from the three of them, which began to raise the red flag, and we're trying to get to the bottom of it," Cain said. "No official charges have been filed at this point, but we don't know where the investigation will lead us."

McDaniel campaign spokesman Noel Fritsch issued a statement late Wednesday saying the campaign "sent people to the Hinds courthouse to obtain the outstanding numbers and observe the count." The statement reiterated the people were allowed in by "uniformed personnel" and then being locked inside.

The easy way out of this predicament is to say you were having sex and just got locked in.

Board footer

cruelery.com