#1 2015-01-20 12:44:55

Congratulations Tea Party and those of their ilk around the world.  Soon the 1% will own more of the wealth than the other 99% combined.

Fox News must be so proud.

#2 2015-01-20 16:32:00

I agree that it's egregious but I'm not quite getting the Tea party connection.  Most folks I know who claim to be in the TP are actually middle class earners.

#3 2015-01-20 17:05:08

whosasailorthen wrote:

I agree that it's egregious but I'm not quite getting the Tea party connection.  Most folks I know who claim to be in the TP are actually middle class earners.

Correct, but the Tea Partiers have allowed themselves to land on the Corporate side of the equation; almost exactly opposite of their economic demographic.  We need only to harken to the words of one of the worlds richest men, Warren Buffett, to gain an understanding of how the economy and tax situation has been gamed towards the 1%.

The Tea Party is just confusing as they only support what benefits the 1% and damages themselves...

#4 2015-01-20 18:35:20

I dunno.... most of the liberals I hear about are rich as all fuck.

#5 2015-01-20 19:11:15

Family values. That's how the TEA party got its foot hold. 

This country has going down the wrong path with abortion, evolution, gay marriage and taxes.

If you suggest that a person vote in their best interest, money will be the last thing on their mind. Everyone wants to go to heaven. The moral right has come along and said, "Your best interests are that of your lord and savior, Jesus Christ." And, we all know Jesus's entire ministry was built on the four pillars of Anti-Abortion, Anti-Evolution, Anti-Homosexuality and Anti-taxes.

So, if you have been taxed enough already, and you think gays are icky, you will be on board with anyone who bans abortion and evolution. In other words, your best interests are the best interests of the Lord. Not getting more money.

I really want to run for office, but I know I can't win.  I know I can ban abortions, and I know I can ban evolution, and I am certain that I can even ban homosexuality.  There is one problem.  In order to get my plan to work, I would need to raise taxes 10% for everyone in America. 

Curses you, taxes!

#6 2015-01-21 07:27:27

Thank you QE1, QE2, QE3!

#7 2015-01-21 11:17:11

whosasailorthen wrote:

The original Tea Party got hijacked by the uber rich and the Ted Cruzes of the world.

#8 2015-01-22 10:00:05

And the free money for the wealthy continues, Europe style http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-01-2 … ve-webcast

#9 2015-01-22 14:32:05

The expanding wealth gap predates QE by nearly three decades.  It probably exacerbates a deteriorating situation, but explains only a sliver of the problem.  A much bigger player, at least in the US, is changes in tax policy that commenced in the 1980s.  The Tea Party has cheered this drift on despite the fact that most of the benefits have accrued to its masters rather than its members.

#11 2015-01-22 22:53:09

Just another member of the bourgeoisie who will be up against the wall when the revolution comes.

#12 2015-01-23 00:43:58

Baywolfe wrote:

Just another member of the bourgeoisie who will be up against the wall when the revolution comes.

Well, I want to be humane about this...
http://www.history.com/topics/french-re … guillotine

#14 2015-01-24 11:46:44

I really think the public has no comprehension about what so large a gap means in how we live. They can never close it without significant changes.

Some of my friends here know what my business has been developing these past 5 years.  What I see being spent would boggle most people. Imagine have 3 or 4 hundred people devoted to handling just your estate and recreational endeavors. All well paid, and often highest paid professionals from engineers to chefs. Who are making entire careers for themselves and their children under your private roof.  And these are just the white educated people. Below them are thousands, and above them are your private corporate minions and the companies that build the things you contract for.

You know that this will continue uninterupted for your lifetime and that all your descendents will each have the same as their whims desire. The fortune now held privately are a juggernaut that may go beyond what sovereign wealth and the robber barons accumulated  back in the day.

Last edited by Johnny_Rotten (2015-01-24 11:47:59)

#15 2015-01-24 15:18:16

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

Some of my friends here know what my business has been developing these past 5 years.

I assume you appreciate such a place is a dysfunctional Village of the Damned, and any venture serving its whims of moment might rest on unstable footing... and spoiled fish, and soiled flower pots?

I'm not ripping on your choices but I'm sure I don't understand them, not after growing up surrounded by such entitled and deluded fruitcakes. In any other context I'd call it criminal insanity.

#16 2015-01-24 18:26:50

fortinbras wrote:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-01-2 … davos-menu  $43 hot dogs anyone?

We have two separate issues here.  One is that some rich people don't want to have to eat with us proletariats, the other is that they expect their food to cost more than our food.  They either don't know or don't care that it won't be any better.

I remember working in a fund raiser a few decades ago where we did inventory for an upscale department store  (think a local version of Neiman Marcus).  My wife and I did the inventory in the ladies undergarments department.  That merchandise was crappier than you can get at K-Mart and cost about 10X as much.

#17 2015-01-24 21:56:29

Negative interest rates are on the way http://mises.ca/posts/blog/get-ready-fo … in-the-us/

#18 2015-01-25 08:34:00

fortinbras wrote:

Negative interest rates are on the way http://mises.ca/posts/blog/get-ready-fo … in-the-us/

What do you mean, 'on the way'? American banks have been licensed to steal money from depositors for at least 25 years now. This is nothing new.

#19 2015-01-26 11:27:19

Tall Paul wrote:

fortinbras wrote:

What do you mean, 'on the way'? American banks have been licensed to steal money from depositors for at least 25 years now. This is nothing new.

Didn't savings interest rate used to be tied (by some formula) to the lending interest rate?  Is that something that got snuck into by Glass Steagall while we weren't looking?

#20 2015-01-26 11:52:30

Baywolfe wrote:

who will be up against the wall when the revolution comes

Swell

#21 2015-01-26 15:07:39

MSG Tripps wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

who will be up against the wall when the revolution comes

Swell

Thanks for that, true greatness. 

I remember getting high in the early afternoon and listening to public radio in Houston in 1980 (roadied for a band, afternoons were my early morning).  They used to play all kinds of esoteric shit like this, including interviews with Robert Anton Wilson, and a lot of music from Jean Michelle Jarre.  There was almost always a revolution segment which often would include the above song and stuff from South Africa like "Mister Smith is a good, white, man / Mister Smith is a murderer {machine gun sound effects}".

#22 2015-01-26 17:29:17

The Last Poets.  One of the greats.

Board footer

cruelery.com