#1 2008-01-23 15:33:42

makes me want to start a war.

http://www.globalpeacefoundation.org/

#2 2008-01-23 15:59:32

I was wondering where you'd got off to.

Wait, they want to turn Alcatraz into a fried egg?!?

Last edited by tojo2000 (2008-01-23 16:00:19)

#3 2008-01-23 16:10:23

tojo2000 wrote:

I was wondering where you'd got off to.

Wait, they want to turn Alcatraz into a fried egg?!?

Not just a fried egg, Tojo. A fried egg of peace.

#4 2008-01-23 17:38:07

Through this process we will re-consecrate Alcatraz Island as a sacred site, and thus acknowledge the Native American people, while simultaneously giving birth to a new and peaceful paradigm for all humanity.

I knew those fucking redskins would find a way back to the island. 

This propaganda piece is an excellent model for anyone seeking to learn and apply PC speak.

#5 2008-01-23 22:01:05

Oh!!!!! BENZIE!!!!!!!

How is your Spawn and Partner? 

Missed you Toots!

Dusty!

#6 2008-01-23 22:15:29

The company that handles the tours of Alcatraz (spanish for Pelican) has it's offices on the floor I work on.  There is no way they will let this occur.  Besides, it IS a fucking rock!  It is not an island rooted to the bay floor.

#7 2008-01-23 23:15:50

sofaking wrote:

So, This is your mind on a trust fund?

http://www.globalpeacefoundation.org/images/Alcatraz.jpg

#8 2008-01-24 00:31:33

choad wrote:

sofaking wrote:

Exactly. Choad, you may not live in the Bay Area, but damn, you have your finger on the pulse. The only thing missing is the kelp to illustrate the dreadlocks....

BTW, historical footnote,  when the Indians occupied the rock, Deborah Iyall, of Romeo Void fame was one of the kids involved.
I met her, and she is a really sweet woman.  A very talented artist as well.

Last edited by Lurker (2008-01-24 00:33:08)

#9 2008-01-24 00:34:14

Liquor wrote:

Exactly. Choad, you may not live in the Bay Area, but damn, you have your finger on the pulse. The only thing missing is the kelp to illustrate the dreadlocks....

BTW, historical footnote,  when the Indians occupied the rock, Deborah Iyall, of Romeo Void fame was one of the kids involved.
I met her, and she is a very sweet woman.  A very talented artist as well.

What does the Bay Area have to do with trust funds and dreadlocks?

#10 2008-01-24 00:38:49

tojo2000 wrote:

Liquor wrote:

Trustafarians, Tojo.

#11 2008-01-24 00:53:15

sofaking wrote:

tojo2000 wrote:

Liquor wrote:

Trustafarians, Tojo.

Sofie, he's too young to get it....or else he's one of them...

#12 2008-01-24 00:55:32

Liquor wrote:

Oh, I didn't realize we were talking about the pulse of the 60's.  My bad.  I've always been terrible at the whole trans-generational zeitgeist thing.

#13 2008-01-24 01:06:25

tojo2000 wrote:

Liquor wrote:

Oh, I didn't realize we were talking about the pulse of the 60's.  My bad.  I've always been terrible at the whole trans-generational zeitgeist thing.

Your bad again TJ.  Trustafarians are not something from the 60's.  They are the children/grandchildren of the hippies that made money off of the whole drug/free love/groovy thing of the 60's.  These hipsters were at least coherent enough to put the dinero aside for the subsequent detritus that fell from their crotches.  Unfortunately, for those of us in the bay area, we now have to deal with this garbage.

#14 2008-01-24 01:07:24

It looks like it should be one SPECTER's fortresses from the Connery era Bond films.

#15 2008-01-24 02:04:13

Lurker wrote:

Your bad again TJ.  Trustafarians are not something from the 60's.

My bad joke is more like it.  It was supposed to be a comment on your statement that I'm not old enough.  Aw fogettabaddit.  I'm too tired.  I need my beauty sleep.

#16 2008-01-24 03:44:20

Hmmm This would be a spiritual mecca of sorts.... when it comes to a beautiful place that could be "spiritual" lets see.....

According to Indian oral history, Alcatraz was first used as a place of isolation or ostracism for tribal members.

To protect San Francisco from foreign invaders, the U.S. Army turned Alcatraz Island into a powerful fortress in 1850. In 1907, the fort was turned into a prison for military personnel and also held Confederate soldiers during the Civil War, conscientious objectors during World War I and a number of Indians beginning in 1873.

I mean really I can go on... but, yeah IF you really believe this could be a new focus for love and light? This looks like there was a bit of only bad things for this place. They talk about the natives gathering eggs and sea life for food there.... I tend to think this means the outcast people....

I think they should clean the place up and make it a jail again!! Of course there are several members of humanity that should be put there.

POLL: if it was re-opened as a prison who should be put there?

Open votes.

Edit: made some code typos

Last edited by Dreadw0lf (2008-01-24 03:45:22)

#17 2008-01-24 05:37:37

Dreadw0lf wrote:

Scientologists.

#18 2008-01-24 05:40:34

pALEPHx wrote:

Dreadw0lf wrote:

Scientologists.

Then the prison should be nuked from orbit by spaceships that look like DC-10s and their souls should wander the earth making people sick.

#19 2008-01-24 07:08:36

Lurker wrote:

choad wrote:

http://www.globalpeacefoundation.org/images/Alcatraz.jpg

Exactly. Choad, you may not live in the Bay Area, but damn, you have your finger on the pulse.

I lived there long enough. Its smug privilege and entitlement gave me the creeps. but it's a tired and predictable rant and I don't care for Boston, either.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#20 2008-01-24 07:26:13

choad wrote:

Lurker wrote:

choad wrote:

Exactly. Choad, you may not live in the Bay Area, but damn, you have your finger on the pulse.

I lived there long enough. Its smug privilege and entitlement gave me the creeps. but it's a tired and predictable rant and I don't care for Boston, either.

he almost likes the smell of his own farts

I thought all guys liked the smell of their own farts...

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#21 2008-01-24 14:36:44

tojo2000 wrote:

Then the prison should be nuked from orbit...

It's the only way to be sure.

http://i4.tinypic.com/16gzsds.jpg

Board footer

cruelery.com