#2 2017-10-12 19:39:55

I actually have one similar to that but it is a Kyocera. Just about bullet proof. It is a big mother honker though. About the size of half a brick.

Plus it's a flip phone. I love to see people's expression when I flip that baby open to take a call and snap it shut to hang up. You would swear I had three heads.

#3 2017-10-12 21:30:14

I wouldn't be surprised if this was a re-branded Kyocera.  I'm just sick of fragile things for a man like me (or you).

But I will say the responses are awesome when you drop one of those on the table during a C-suite meeting.

#4 2017-10-13 01:37:08

IPhone 5s (Otter Box) does fine, thank you. 
Dropped -  countless times, submerged in glacial silt/muskeg every now and then.
Still functioning, despite ridicule from those possessing more advanced "hardware".

#5 2017-10-13 08:57:24

Otter Box sounds like a great name for a strip club.

#6 2017-10-13 11:01:55

The Otterbox guy is a real bastard. He bought private islands in the BVIs with the profits. One of them is overrun with rats, serves him right. He was attempting to buy up the entire lovely little lowkey town adjacent to his rat kingdom and turn it into a Puerto Rican style sportfish marina complex. The waterfront is entirely composed of local independent ownership of ex pirates, survivors of the smuggling era and others entrepreneurs with their act together somewhat, it is the caribbean after all. They had reacquired it from foreign interests way back when.

So far they have thwarted Mr Otterbox guy by not selling or giving permits. With the destruction of all businesses, the Rat King may get his chance.

https://cruelery.com/uploads/359_b2.png

https://cruelery.com/uploads/359_b1.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#7 2017-10-13 11:24:52

Apparently selling the BVI private islands is big business.

If I could afford it, I'd buy Ginger Island and rename it Mary Ann and Ginger Island.

#8 2017-10-13 12:35:42

Baywolfe wrote:

If I could afford it, I'd buy Ginger Island and rename it Mary Ann and Ginger Island.

..looks like someone already owns it ??
https://i.imgur.com/4H8tQOu.gif

Last edited by Mugwump (2017-10-13 12:37:11)

#9 2017-10-13 13:00:34

Mugwump wrote:

Baywolfe wrote:

..looks like someone already owns it ??
https://i.imgur.com/4H8tQOu.gif

Sorry but you are wrong.

That is an uncharted little island that the natives call "Gilligan's Island" It is an easy mistake to make so don't be too hard on yourself.

#10 2017-10-13 13:07:34

They need to update their site,  Some of those houses do not exist anymore. Though a friend's place is on there and still half  bolted to the rocks. Good time to buy, if you have the stamina to go through rebuilding it.

#11 2017-10-13 16:35:18

Bigcat wrote:

Otter Box sounds like a great name for a strip club.

We have a Clam Box just down the road, that name makes me smile every time.

#12 2017-10-14 20:28:25

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

They need to update their site,  Some of those houses do not exist anymore. Though a friend's place is on there and still half  bolted to the rocks. Good time to buy, if you have the stamina to go through rebuilding it.

...until the next time it gets the shit slammed out of it and you lose your investment.

Thanks.  I'll stick to my little lakehouse in NY.

Last edited by whosasailorthen (2017-10-14 20:28:43)

#13 2017-10-15 12:55:30

Some things in life you can not hold onto, we are there but for a moment. 

A 14 million dollar estate of architectural wonder that costs 700k a year just to run is one thing. On the other hand a US friend built with his own hands a block and timber frame house. Which was sold 20 years ago for a modest sum to another friend who put in a pool perched on the hillside and  rented it out to our community.  The experiences dozens of us had there over 30 years are incalculable.  It was removed altogether from the hillside. It would be well worth a a few hundred grand to rebuild and allow more of the same for another couple of decades. What are any of us going to do with what time we have anyways?

#14 2017-10-15 13:10:33

https://cruelery.com/uploads/359_20150121_185512_lls2.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#15 2017-10-15 13:49:58

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

Some things in life you can not hold onto, we are there but for a moment. 

A 14 million dollar estate of architectural wonder that costs 700k a year just to run is one thing. On the other hand a US friend built with his own hands a block and timber frame house. Which was sold 20 years ago for a modest sum to another friend who put in a pool perched on the hillside and  rented it out to our community.  The experiences dozens of us had there over 30 years are incalculable.  It was removed altogether from the hillside. It would be well worth a a few hundred grand to rebuild and allow more of the same for another couple of decades. What are any of us going to do with what time we have anyways?

"A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit." ~ D. Elton Trueblood

Board footer

cruelery.com