#51 2020-07-31 09:17:08

Thanks for being willing to keep this mess going, square.  I don't know which database you're using, but I'd be happy to write the UPDATE statement.

#52 2020-08-02 05:38:44

Thanks, Baywolfe, it was a little more complex than that (since I only wanted to replace URLs*) but not too hard.  I also made it so the script would add a line to the end of any changed post saying it was modified.

I ran it against the database and out of about 230,000 posts, almost 20,000 were altered.  Please let me know if you run into any problems.

*For example, I didn't want to modify the 'high-street.org' text in your post.

#53 2020-08-08 12:46:07

Ah High Street, we hardly knew you.

https://cruelery.com/uploads/359_high_st_1_resized.jpg

#54 2020-09-03 08:38:32

Quick update - Roger_That has been set up with a login account on the server and given access to the Linode and domain registration infrastructure.  While she is not going to take an active part in managing things, at least there will be a backup person in case I vanish.  I tried contacting hedgewizard but wasn't able to reach him.  Other trusted individuals are welcome to step up.

Also, it is only a few days until the high-street.org domain name expires.  Please make sure you have updated your bookmarks, etc. to https://cruelery.com/ instead.

#55 2020-09-20 21:31:03

The high-street.org domain name has expired, but is currently in the 30-40 day grace period before it is released.  It is still currently resolving in DNS, but that isn't guaranteed.  If you haven't changed your links yet to point to cruelery.com, please do so ASAP.  I will try to pick up high-street.org when it becomes available, but there's no telling what domain squatters will go after it.

I have finally edited the last of the posts to make URLs point to the new domain.  Going forward, everything should reference cruelery.com.  Hedgewizard reached out to me about being a backup, but I have been too busy this week to respond to him yet - will do so soon.

Board footer

cruelery.com