• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » No one educated and sane likes the political left.

#1 2021-11-27 03:15:29

They're called progressives (misnomer4sure)

Stay tuned for the myriad of examples to follow. 

Let the lampooning begin!

Last edited by JetRx (2021-11-27 03:17:44)

#2 2021-11-27 06:15:45

Leftists are the ONLY people in the country that consistently support draconian government policies and oppressive corporate monopoly.

I was going to observe some aphorism about rubes and rooms you may find yourself in.  But then I realized what I was hearing from this screed was Freedom echoing, echoing down the chamber.

#3 2021-11-27 11:29:54

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

Leftists are the ONLY people in the country that consistently support draconian government policies and oppressive corporate monopoly.

I was going to observe some aphorism about rubes and rooms you may find yourself in.  But then I realized what I was hearing from this screed was Freedom echoing, echoing down the chamber.

Not only can we not win the game, we can't even play until we realize that there is no side to join.  We need to be Illuminated in order to begin to understand what is really going on.  Instead, the people with the pitchforks and torches have been duped into attacking their own self-interests in the name of trying to cause pain to "them".

#4 2021-11-27 15:01:06

Baywolfe wrote:

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

Not only can we not win the game, we can't even play until we realize that there is no side to join.  We need to be Illuminated in order to begin to understand what is really going on.  Instead, the people with the pitchforks and torches have been duped into attacking their own self-interests in the name of trying to cause pain to "them".

Exactly.

#5 2021-12-09 20:49:28

Thank a Progressive (misnomer 4 sure)

Duke LaCrosse hoax
Covington kids hoax
Bubba Wallace noose hoax
Tawana Brawley hoax
Gibsons bakery Oberlin hoax
Trayvon Martin hoax
UVA frat rape hoax
Charlottesville "good people on both sides" hoax
Russia collusion hoax
Border patrol whipping Haitian hoax
and
now
the
Jussie Smollett hoax

Gotta ask:  WTF is up with the Prog Bolshevist sect?

Meanwhile in Canuckistan, a simple question induces brain freeze among liberal overlords.

Last edited by JetRx (2021-12-10 04:56:51)

#6 2021-12-11 18:30:45

https://i.redd.it/ehx4pmjfiu481.jpg

#7 2021-12-11 21:37:50

I don't know why anybody is talking about him, who gives a fuck?

#8 2021-12-12 02:37:52

Baywolfe wrote:

Of course you don’t. 

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/307_f3fdc932-5ad6-4483-8764-c417e47de262.jpeg

#9 2021-12-12 08:12:38

Baywolfe wrote:

It's only because of the massive news coverage the hoax got in the first place. But report on his conviction and move on.

#10 2022-01-30 17:53:18

He’s referring to Progressives (misnomer4sure).

#11 2022-01-30 20:44:59

JetRx wrote:

He’s referring to Progressives (misnomer4sure).

I like Glen. Thanks for link, and hope things are well up north.

#12 2022-01-31 08:16:30

Lies that are given air time need to be revealed for what they are, especially by those who gave them air time to begin with.  But do you really think that all the hoaxes come from progressives?  That is just silly.

#13 2022-02-01 10:06:48

Fled wrote:

Lies that are given air time need to be revealed for what they are, especially by those who gave them air time to begin with.  But do you really think that all the hoaxes come from progressives?  That is just silly.

People that label themselves have a hard time believing that the rest of us don't and, therefore, they ascribe whatever label to others that makes sense to them.  I know the term "progressive" terrifies a lot of people in the same way "social reform" does.  Ironically, most of us want the same thing, a government that works for all the people and not just the .01%.  Currently we have people like TedKruz, with absolutely no fear of reprisal saying (effectively) "How dare you consider a woman and a nigger as a Supreme Court Justice?" conveniently ignoring the nigger they put in during George Bush I's administration.

#14 2022-02-02 05:39:57

Bwhahah!

That's rich.

... Sure, to write is to manipulate a reader, sometimes for a paycheck or pleasure or to educate, and sometimes for political gain. That’s the game.

... After alcohol and drugs and organized religion, the cheapest form of anti-anxiety medication is being told by someone with a microphone that you are right, that your angst is special, that they’re totally 100% out to get you, now pay up.

One of the happy consequences, I suppose, of the First Amendment of the US Constitution is the ability for business people to make money printing and distributing information. During World War I, Republican Senator Hiriam Johnson famously remarked that “the first casualty, when war comes, is truth.” Well, during peacetime, the first commodity is information. Gossip. Lies. Scoops that aren’t scoops. In our so-called free society, we breathe data. Opinions. News. We make decisions based on what we read and hear and sometimes those are important decisions. Life or death ones. Sometimes not so much. But speech is one of America’s great businesses. The manufacturing and selling of facts and figures and, most of all, feelings, the filet mignon of discourse.

You can make a bunch of money telling people what they want to hear. That’s usually been the province of politicians and preachers but thanks to men like Benjamin Franklin, it is also the bread and butter of the printing press class.

But you can’t measure morality in dollars. The right thing is rarely the moneymaking thing. And, unfortunately, there’s plenty of cash to be made confirming fears and celebrating enmities.

I’m making sense, aren’t I? You’ll let me know, yeah? It would be wrong to allow a writer or a broadcaster to tell their audience that cigarettes don’t cause cancer. It would be wrong to publish an essay that casts doubt on insulin as a life-saving treatment for diabetes. It would be wrong to allow a podcaster to praise the prejudices of his audience. Right?

It is wrong to profit from hate, from fear, to take advantage of the trust of readers, viewers, and listeners who think they’re being told the truth.

#15 2022-02-02 22:38:29

liar.com

Go ahead.
Type it yourself.

If the domain fits…

Last edited by JetRx (2022-02-02 22:43:24)

#16 2022-02-02 23:51:18

Baywolfe wrote:

Fled wrote:

FYI Greenwald is left of center.  So is Taibbi.  I read them regularly. However, feel free to attack the source

People that label themselves have a hard time believing that the rest of us don't and, therefore, they ascribe whatever label to others that makes sense to them.  I know the term "progressive" terrifies a lot of people in the same way "social reform" does.  Ironically, most of us want the same thing, a government that works for all the people and not just the .01%.  Currently we have people like TedKruz, with absolutely no fear of reprisal saying (effectively) "How dare you consider a woman and a nigger as a Supreme Court Justice?" conveniently ignoring the nigger they put in during George Bush I's administration.

More progressive shuck & jive…virtually the entire progressive (misnomer4sure) existence revolves around “”labeling” then smearing.  Curious as to why a dearth  Lincoln Project vid posts?  Surely the gang here misses all the bad-orange-man- Russia-collusion fairytales.  Alas, their co-founder may still be  busy diddling little boys.  Good thing about the interwebs, anyone, with a few clicks, can way back all that bolshevist, race-baiting, mendacious, 1% funded tripe you’ve posted. Still waiting to hear all the good  Biden & co are doing for the country. You might want to give John Weaver a shout.

BTW To address your latest race-baiting tripe, Republicans were there nearly two decades back. Any guesses as to who used the filibuster to block her nomination? Allow me to help.

#17 2022-02-03 11:10:36

You give new meaning to the expression "all over the map."

#18 2022-02-04 19:22:22

Fled wrote:

You give new meaning to the expression "all over the map."

Obviously, correlation isn’t your strong point. One thing glaringly apparent (after three iterations /20+ yrs) perusing Cruel:  The greater the gap between self perception and reality, the more vitriol unleashed on anyone pointing it out. 

Straight out of the progressive playbook.

#19 2022-02-05 13:15:37

Yes, I see it now.  All that is revealed by your correlations is stunning.

#20 2022-02-09 08:13:33

This url equals the fear you fear.
Gratuitous spoof of aging drug addled hippy has been.

#21 2022-02-09 13:02:20

JetRx wrote:

I am for change for the better, where people have homes and food and health care. How is that even radical?

#22 2022-02-09 13:16:44

JetRx wrote:

That is some painfully off-key singing.  (And we could have a lot more "normalcy" if more people would just get vaccinated.)

#23 2022-02-25 00:13:19

The rules of a civilized society have been radically altered NO QUARTER FOR ANY PROGRESSIVE...ever.

Last edited by JetRx (2022-02-25 00:14:59)

#24 2022-02-25 00:52:17

Tolkien would have been a great author if he'd have stopped after writing The Hobbit. The Lord of the Rings trilogy left  skid marks on his literary legacy.

#25 2022-02-25 12:31:23

sharpshin wrote:

Tolkien would have been a great author if he'd have stopped after writing The Hobbit. The Lord of the Rings trilogy left skid marks on his literary legacy.

You have to cut John Ronald Reuel some slack since he was, after all, one of the foremost experts on Anglo-Saxon culture and stories (or lack thereof).  He set out to write a new Celtic myth to replace the French ones that Britian had appropriated.  Even though he was no great fiction writer, he became "father" of modern fantasy literature due to its resurgence after The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.  What we're seeing now with Amazon is based on the Appendix in The Return of the King and The Silmarillion.

I have a hard-bound copy of the novel with the Alan Lee illustrations.  It's interesting to note that, while it's technically one story and was only later split into a trilogy, each section (The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, and The Return of the King) is comprised of two books.  This is most noticeable in The Two Towers where Book Three is about Merry, Pippin, Gandalf the White, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, various Kings, Elves, Lords, Ents, etc., Book Four is centered exclusively on Frodo, Sam, and Gollum/Smeagol with a cameo from Faramir. 

Peter Jackson, Phillipa Boyens, and Fran Walsh did the logical rewrite for the film by switching back and forth between the two stories because that solitary slog with Frodo & Company is, by far, the most difficult part of the read, with only the foreknowledge that the main story is 90% done by the time The Return of the King starts to sustain you.  The remainder of TROTK is closure, clean-up (or, scouring, if you will), and Appendices.

#26 2022-02-25 23:10:55

The Hobbit is great.  All the repetition in the Fellowship is annoying, I guess if you are myth making it's got to be there.

• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » No one educated and sane likes the political left.

Board footer

cruelery.com