#1 2022-08-09 19:39:34

...and I know it's Scientology, but this quote from the article on L. Ron Hubbard's military career jumped out at me:

Wikipedia wrote:

The Church of Scientology rejects the official record and insists that Hubbard had a second set of records that the U.S. Navy has concealed. According to the Church's chief spokesman, if it was true that Hubbard had not been injured, "the injuries that he handled by the use of Dianetics procedures were never handled, because they were injuries that never existed; therefore, Dianetics is based on a lie; therefore, Scientology is based on a lie."

#2 2022-08-09 21:07:09

Hasn't been updated in a long time, but relevant: http://www.ronthewarhero.org/

#3 2022-08-09 21:49:22

Ron was his own pulp fiction story.

#4 2022-08-10 09:15:11

That was a fun read.

I particularly loved this little snippet

As predicted, he was indeed better suited to this job with the Chief Cable Censor's Investigations Department and received a positive report (but only average marks) from his superior, Commander Andrew Cruise:

Since reporting to this activity this officer has shown a full realization of the seriousness of an assignment to duty. He has shown an increasing sense of responsibility and displayed a marked improvement in his work. While the period of observation has been short, his work has been entirely satisfactory.
(Source: Report on the Fitness of Officers, L. Ron Hubbard #113392, May 11 1942 - June 24 1942)

What a beautifully worded professional torpedoing of an evaluation.  These days that would spell the end of a career.

Last edited by Emmeran (2022-08-10 09:19:42)

Board footer

cruelery.com