#1 2024-06-05 01:06:30

https://cruelery.com/uploads/thumbs/307_img_0632.jpeg

#2 2024-06-05 17:48:51

Heemeyer committed suicide with his .357 (9.1mm) Magnum revolver. His armored bulldozer was stuck. He could see no way out and he did not want to go to jail.

Died a coward's death as most of these people do.

#3 2024-06-05 22:18:48

In the aftermath, I recall some propaganda attempted to make use of the Killdozer as emblematic of the Patriot Movement. And from his manifesto of sorts, we get this great American gem, worthy of any Thomas Paine pamphlet.

"I was always willing to be reasonable until I had to be unreasonable", adding that "Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."

Prior to the rampage, Heemeyer had scrawled a list of complaints onto an old "For Sale" sign, as well as scrap paper. These ranged from the Docheffs' unwillingness to pay the large sums he requested, the sanitation district's fining of him, and that the town had approved the plant construction. The other writings suggested that God had stopped the plant from being constructed in 1992, and alluded to a belief that God had caused the deaths of multiple people who had opposed him

But this was clearly from the mind of an unstable man. One who festered in sewage of his own making. In fact he was given every opportunity to just build a septic tank or pay to connect to the town sewer out front, but refused. Filling up a buried cement truck for a decade, till it was all full up, then pumping the sewage out into the neighborhood's irrigation canal behind his land. 

Salt the earth, rather than deal with what you have sown. Hard to make a Patriot out of such madness.

"I hope that the people of Granby learn that the way you punished me over the years (has) turned me into a desperate man," he said. "It's a community that in order to get ahead you got to keep your neighbor down ... You've got to be bad- mouthing everybody."

While some Granby residents describe the tape as a series of angry ramblings, other parts of the tape indicate a methodical, frustrated and sometimes depressed man.
He said he knew his death was inevitable, but it was a price he was willing to pay to teach Granby officials that they couldn't get away with exploiting him.

"Because of your anger, because of your malice, because of your hate, you would not work with me. I am going to sacrifice my life, my miserable future that you gave me, to show you that what you did is wrong," Heemeyer said.

"God built me for this job", Heemeyer said in the first recording. He also said it was God's plan that he not be married or have a family so that he could be in a position to carry out such an attack. "I think God will bless me to get the machine done, to drive it, to do the stuff that I have to do", he said. "God blessed me in advance for the task that I am about to undertake. It is my duty. God has asked me to do this. It's a cross that I am going to carry and I'm carrying it in God's name.

Last edited by Johnny_Rotten (2024-06-06 13:46:52)

#4 2024-06-06 23:08:10

Mental instability and gross stupidity make a very dangerous cocktail.

#5 2024-06-07 18:57:01

Baywolfe wrote:

Mental instability and gross stupidity make a very dangerous cocktail.

But the entertainment value is a pearl of great price.

Board footer

cruelery.com