#1 2007-10-14 10:42:21

National Geographic film maker Brady Barr gets bitten by a giant python after attempting to restrain it....he doesn't take it too well.

I wonder what other outcome he was expecting after trying to yank the poor thing out of its happy home.

#2 2007-10-14 11:04:55

I love the fact that he shrieked like a little bitch.

The only thing that would have made it better would have been the python pulling him under and making a meal of him.

Last edited by headkicker_girl (2007-10-14 11:07:46)

#3 2007-10-14 11:08:07

So do you think he's got a really bad bite?

This is why I had limited sympathy for Steve Irwin.

Edit: Sofie, what was that superwidescreen?  Original or caused by the video tag?

#4 2007-10-14 11:22:11

opsec wrote:

So do you think he's got a really bad bite?

This is why I had limited sympathy for Steve Irwin.

Edit: Sofie, what was that superwidescreen?  Original or caused by the video tag?

I think he was freaking the fuck out because he knew it was bound to get badly infected. Karma is a bitch, I say.

I was trying to make it widescreen by making the player the size of our message box. I guess sometimes it doesn't work, if the clip isn't scaleable.

#5 2007-10-14 11:44:34

The network has worked a bunch of this footage into a promo spot for the show.  I must've seen it at least three times last night.

The promo announcer also referred to the National Geographic Channel as "Nat-Geo," which made me vomit in my mouth a tiny bit.  Are they trying to attract the WWE/NASCAR demographic?

#6 2007-10-14 11:50:56

George Orr wrote:

The promo announcer also referred to the National Geographic Channel as "Nat-Geo," which made me vomit in my mouth a tiny bit.  Are they trying to attract the WWE/NASCAR demographic?

OMG!  I am so glad I am not the only one who thought the EXACT same thing.

I kept going "NAT GEO?? NAT GEO??? WTF???"

God.

#7 2007-10-14 11:51:50

Isn't it nice when bad things occasionally happen to bad people?  It almost gives you a moment of hope to off-set the pains of reality.

#8 2007-10-14 12:36:15

Roger_That wrote:

George Orr wrote:

OMG!  I am so glad I am not the only one who thought the EXACT same thing.

I kept going "NAT GEO?? NAT GEO??? WTF???"

God.

We were watching this on the commercial, too. Imagine being a parent, and thinking that "Nat-Geo" is the way to go for young people's quality entertainment, then seeing this guy's fucktardery as how we're supposed to treat animals. We're watching 'Nature' on PBS right now about the Andes Mountains, where the only jackasses are the jackass penguins.

#9 2007-10-14 15:25:02

When Irwin fucked up, at least he took it like a man.

#10 2007-10-14 16:40:06

I hear he got a bad bite.

No?

#11 2007-10-14 17:07:08

Roger_That wrote:

OMG! I am so glad I am not the only one who thought the EXACT same thing.

Ditto. And he did screech like a little girl. They just kept repeating the same five seconds of footage. That liquified guano ought to be good for the wound.

#12 2007-10-15 04:57:27

sofaking wrote:

We're watching 'Nature' on PBS right now about the Andes Mountains, where the only jackasses are the jackass penguins.

Penguins in the Andes?  Unless we're calling Tierra del Fuego the Andes now, it seems unlikely.  I'm not calling bullshit, I'm just surprised.

#13 2007-10-15 05:03:50

tojo2000 wrote:

sofaking wrote:

We're watching 'Nature' on PBS right now about the Andes Mountains, where the only jackasses are the jackass penguins.

Penguins in the Andes?  Unless we're calling Tierra del Fuego the Andes now, it seems unlikely.  I'm not calling bullshit, I'm just surprised.

I dunno, baby. There was jackass penguins, and zorros and flamingoes. No jackasses pulling on pythons, though.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/andes/index.html

I can't sleep.

#14 2007-10-15 10:09:05

sofaking wrote:

George Orr wrote:

Imagine being a parent, and thinking that "Nat-Geo" is the way to go for young people's quality entertainment, then seeing this guy's fucktardery as how we're supposed to treat animals. We're watching 'Nature' on PBS right now about the Andes Mountains, where the only jackasses are the jackass penguins.

I found Ken Burns' recent rubbish unwatchable for the same reason. John Wayne grew gills and woke from the dead, right? Fuck is wrong with these people?

I'm with Tojo on this, Sofe. !El burro sabe más que tú! You're pulling our puds, right? Coffee, I need coffee!

Up Next?! Jackalopes in the Mojave!

#15 2007-10-15 11:02:21

https://cruelery.com/img/crickey.gif

Can't explain why, but this is my most widely distributed photo hack to date.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#16 2007-10-15 12:55:42

My mistake guys. My kid says they were Humboldt penguins.

He says I'm too busy saying I want one of everything I see on nature documentaries to notice what's really going on.

Sheeeeeeeesh.

Board footer

cruelery.com