#1 2007-10-16 13:28:33

This reminded me of a Saturday Night Live parody. I was waiting for the joke...but there is none. This mentality still thrives and it is like a cancer eating away at our liberty.

He talks like "Islamofascist terrorism" is our greatest concern. Does it make me a bad American if I admit that I'm more concerned with just about anything more than I am a terrorist attack on U.S. soil?

So yeah...vote for the Stormin' Mormon in '08.

#2 2007-10-16 10:42:36

I will never vote for a Mormon for president. 

Just what I want, some guy that can't relieve the pressures of the presidency with alcohol.  Instead, he has several nagging First Ladies to drive him to press the little red button.

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.

Plus, they wear that funny underwear n'stuff.

#3 2007-10-16 11:36:49

sofaking wrote:

He talks like "Islamofascist terrorism" is our greatest concern. Does it make me a bad American if I admit that I'm more concerned with just about anything more than I am a terrorist attack on U.S. soil?

These days, I think most of the proles in this country think the way you do, sofa.

Politicians are still trying to push the Islamo-Fear-and-Loathing line because a) it worked so well for them in the recent past and b) they want to avoid all the other issues (you know, the real ones) as much as possible because all that stuff is too embarrassing for them.

I'm cautiously optimistic.  I think the 2008 elections are going to be a bloodbath for incompetents on both sides of the aisle...and then...let the pogroms commence!

#4 2007-10-16 11:44:09

Roger_That wrote:

I will never vote for a Mormon for president. 

Just what I want, some guy that can't relieve the pressures of the presidency with alcohol.  Instead, he has several nagging First Ladies to drive him to press the little red button.

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.

Plus, they wear that funny underwear n'stuff.

That pic has made my day. It terrifies me that such nonsense could run our country. I'd rather have a Satanist as president. At least most of them are interesting and sophisticated. Fucking holy underwear.

#5 2007-10-16 12:00:17

Yeah.   Surprisingly, I googled "Mormon Underwear" and that was the 2nd or 3rd thing I found.

Nice.

#6 2007-10-16 12:27:19

Go ahead, you arrogant SOBs and make fun of the magic knickers.  They give the wearer the strength to resist temptation, and the viewer the reason not to tempt.

http://i24.tinypic.com/nfjn0m.gif

http://i21.tinypic.com/2e1haao.gif

Last edited by Fled (2007-10-16 12:27:38)

#7 2007-10-16 16:44:20

It's always so amusing when one fundamentalist casts aspersions on another. Both Romney and his "Islamofascists" are something I like to call religiopaths.

#8 2007-10-16 16:50:00

kim

is it just me or do most  Mormons abuse their kids?

#9 2007-10-16 16:52:14

pALEPHx wrote:

It's always so amusing when one fundamentalist casts aspersions on another. Both Romney and his "Islamofascists" are something I like to call religiopaths.

Neologism

Apparently this is getting lots of use today.

#10 2007-10-16 16:52:35

kim wrote:

Not sure.  But they definitely abuse their wive(s).

#11 2007-10-16 16:56:30

Roger_That wrote:

Apparently this is getting lots of use today.

I suppose, if we're having a lot of them, it's neolo-jism. Or I'm just spanking the moniker.

#12 2007-10-16 17:12:45

pALEPHx wrote:

Or I'm just spanking the moniker.

Bwahahah!

#13 2007-10-16 19:22:59

In my book, anyone who raises their kids into a religion is guilty of some degree of child abuse.

#14 2007-10-16 19:49:00

Roger_That wrote:

kim wrote:

Not sure.  But they definitely abuse their wive(s).

Whoa there Betsy - not to belittle the joys of generalisms, pre-conceptions and bias - but what makes you say that?

Hell I'll argue that the government has far overstepped it's bounds by trying to define what gender and how many adults you may marry.

http://www.thehammer.ca/content/site/pr … r-polygamy

#15 2007-10-16 23:21:55

When I was younger I used to get Moslems and Mormons mixed up.  I knew one group wears towels, the other group wears funny underwear, and both groups have multiple wives.  It really doesn’t matter though; both groups are into fucked up theocratic government.

Last edited by fnord (2007-10-16 23:22:35)

#16 2007-10-17 03:25:33

fnord wrote:

When I was younger I used to get Moslems and Mormons mixed up.  I knew one group wears towels, the other group wears funny underwear, and both groups have multiple wives.  It really doesn’t matter though; both groups are into fucked up theocratic government.

as opposed to which un-fucked up governments???

#17 2007-10-17 03:59:40

fnord wrote:

Not to rain on anybody's parade, but the Mormon church hasn't condoned polygyny in a long time, and it wasn't even the worst thing they've done.  If you're going to complain about historical transgressions, their official treatment of black people was kind of a big whoops.

I knew a lot of Mormons in high school, and I didn't notice a higher rate of child abuse per se, but I know a lot of kids had sort of a pre-adulthood crisis where they went a little nuts trying to figure out how to conform to some (IMO) unreasonable expectations.  Quite a few of them ended up going stark raving mad and doing insane amounts of drugs, while some of them seemed to hit that crisis and then just dive right in to the Mormon fold.  How they turned out down the road I really don't know.

#18 2007-10-17 05:14:46

tojo2000 wrote:

How they turned out down the road I really don't know.

No more fucked up than the rest of us, just a slightly different flavor thereof.

#19 2007-10-17 11:39:50

Someone needs to stop "bunny-felching" around with the damn word censor. If you can't write F-U-C-K here, then that's definitely a drawback.

#20 2007-10-17 15:15:17

It's been taken care of.  I think we got it out of our system for now.

#21 2007-10-17 15:19:48

I think Emmeran smells Mormon...

or is that Muslim...

Either way.

#22 2007-10-17 15:28:39

Roger_That wrote:

or is that Muslim...

Either way.

Do I get more Holidays if I'm both?

Actually I don't much care for religion at all - however I do see polygamy in the same light as homosexual marriage - if it's between consenting adults it's none of my damn business (unless I'm baiting Taint)

#25 2007-10-17 16:43:29

Tic....  [18:26:01]  Toc

#26 2007-10-17 16:48:30

Yeah, we're on that Dhal.  Server settings 'n all that shite.

#27 2007-10-17 16:51:07

MSG Tripps wrote:

Tic....  [18:26:01]  Toc

You like to live in the past, and we're living in the future.

The code monkeys are all over it.

Besides, don't retirees not have to concern themselves with what hour of the day it is (or what hour they're told it's gonna be)?

Chill, Father Time. Smoke a doobie.

#28 2007-10-17 16:55:03

I wish not to see the same post repeatedly as unread when I check in.  Therefore some kind of entry to move the prior post along is necessary.

Deal with it.

Perhaps I might find something better to post....

#29 2007-10-18 01:49:14

Emmeran wrote:

Roger_That wrote:

or is that Muslim...

Either way.

Do I get more Holidays if I'm both?

Actually I don't much care for religion at all - however I do see polygamy in the same light as homosexual marriage - if it's between consenting adults it's none of my damn business (unless I'm baiting Taint)

You'll have to do better than that, Emmy. Marriage ranks dead last among my concerns.

Board footer

cruelery.com