#1 2008-08-27 11:57:11

Dude tries to put a dollar in a Fox reporter's bra.

#2 2008-08-27 12:21:00

Wikipedia sez:

[In 2006 Fox News was] the #1 rated cable news channel.  Fox still held eight of the ten most-watched nightly cable news shows...
For the year 2007, Fox News was the number one rated cable news network. It was down 1 percent in total daily viewers and down three percent in the 25-54 year old demographic. Fox News finished 2007 as #6 rated overall cable network.

I've been wondering for some time now:  How many of Fox News' millions of viewers are watching for the comic relief?  Would there be any way to figure out how many people tune in just to point and laugh?  I have a feeling the number would be quite large.

#3 2008-08-27 13:04:03

George Orr wrote:

Wikipedia sez:

[In 2006 Fox News was] the #1 rated cable news channel.  Fox still held eight of the ten most-watched nightly cable news shows...
For the year 2007, Fox News was the number one rated cable news network. It was down 1 percent in total daily viewers and down three percent in the 25-54 year old demographic. Fox News finished 2007 as #6 rated overall cable network.

I've been wondering for some time now:  How many of Fox News' millions of viewers are watching for the comic relief?  Would there be any way to figure out how many people tune in just to point and laugh?  I have a feeling the number would be quite large.

Maybe it's because MSNBC and CNN are so biased?

dunno

#5 2008-08-27 16:17:32

Is Faux Nooz coverage worth a dollar?

#6 2008-08-27 16:34:13

She's being treated like a single mother?

http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/products/a330/a330_bm.gif

#7 2008-08-27 23:35:12

Taint wrote:

Is Faux Nooz coverage worth a dollar?

Why, it's worth every penny we pay for it.

#8 2008-08-28 05:29:55

ptah13 wrote:

dunno

Amen brother!

My favorite thing to tune into Fox news for is when they decry how biased alll the rest of the media is.

Last edited by Johnny_Rotten (2008-08-28 05:30:40)

#9 2008-08-28 09:45:32

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

ptah13 wrote:

dunno

Amen brother!

My favorite thing to tune into Fox news for is when they decry how biased alll the rest of the media is.

Without a doubt FNC is guilty of being more biased than other news outlets.  That makes it easier to pretend the other networks aren't biased at all...

#10 2008-08-28 10:01:17

Zookeeper wrote:

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

ptah13 wrote:

dunno

Amen brother!

Without a doubt FNC is guilty of being more biased than other news outlets.  That makes it easier to pretend the other networks aren't biased at all...

I don't think the studies made on such things would support your claim but hey, everyone is entitled to their opinions!

#11 2008-08-28 13:05:24

ptah13 wrote:

Zookeeper wrote:

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

Amen brother!

I don't think the studies made on such things would support your claim

Which studies?

#12 2008-08-28 19:02:36

Zookeeper wrote:

ptah13 wrote:

Zookeeper wrote:

Which studies?

That's my point. There is no proof to back up claims that Fox is biased, except, of course, that more people watch it than any other news station.

Last edited by ptah13 (2008-08-28 19:02:56)

#13 2008-08-28 19:11:43

ptah13 wrote:

That's my point. There is no proof to back up claims that Fox is biased, except, of course, that more people watch it than any other news station.

They're ALL biased, just in slightly different directions.  This is why I monitor multiple news services, so that I can play them off against each other and come at, perhaps, a slightly more factual version of events.

#14 2008-08-28 22:29:15

ptah13 wrote:

Zookeeper wrote:

ptah13 wrote:

Which studies?

First of all, if you look at the video clip (or even the still picture), the woman is a reporter for a Fox affiliate, not the Fox News Channel.

I've never quite understood the venom the left has for Fox News Channel:

Let's accept the left's assumption that FNC is biased toward the right.  Now let's also accept the right's assumption that large media (CBS, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, PBS, NPR, New York Times) is biased towards the left.  Now let's do the math -- 8 (and counting) to 1...

Can't the left understand: 1)free-enterprise, and 2)they still have a majority of the media outlets?  (I say that the left can't understand free-enterprise because they're the ones wanting to revive the "Fairness Doctrine", but also because no one wants to listen to their own financially floundering "Air(head) America").

Sure, I have my issues with FNC, especially the demonization of Barack Obama (even though I'm not voting for him) by many of their news hosts and Sean Hannity (who I personally like BTW), but I have far more with MSNBC, especially with Keith Olbermann, who mutually 69s with that little left-wing faggot Markos whats-his-name of Daily KOckSucker...Furthermore, FNC not only tends to draw viewers from all over the political spectrum, they have guests from both left and right.  Could you say that about MSNBC - especially Olbermann whose show is nothing more than a Republican-bashing echo-chamber for those bitter viewers in Hollywood, Berkeley, Madison (WI), New York, and San Fran who still haven't gotten over 2000?

(Another beef I have with MSNBC: is anyone else sick of those prison documentaries (niggers and Nazis)?)

#15 2008-08-28 22:39:30

AladdinSane wrote:

Now let's do the math -- 8 (and counting) to 1...

Reality has a well known liberal bias

(Another beef I have with MSNBC: is anyone else sick of those prison documentaries (niggers and Nazis)?)

Oooh, edgy.  Who the fuck are you?

#16 2008-08-28 22:44:57

I want the news channels to feature more shows like To Catch a Predator because I want to look down on sleazy people doin' sleazy things cause it makes me feel less sleazy.....

#17 2008-08-28 22:51:40

Dirckman wrote:

I want the news channels to feature more shows like To Catch a Predator because I want to look down on sleazy people doin' sleazy things cause it makes me feel less sleazy.....

There's a reason God made Myspace.

#18 2008-08-28 22:55:15

jesusluvspegging wrote:

Dirckman wrote:

I think I'm the only person out there without a Myspace page now....  Not having one makes me feel special and elitist much in the fashion that not having a TV makes birckenstock wearin' liberals feel special and elitist....

#19 2008-08-28 23:09:50

Dirckman wrote:

jesusluvspegging wrote:

I think I'm the only person out there without a Myspace page now....  Not having one makes me feel special and elitist much in the fashion that not having a TV makes birckenstock wearin' liberals feel special and elitist....

I think I have an account, but I only use it to look at other people's pages, and not that often.

#20 2008-08-28 23:20:08

jesusluvspegging wrote:

Dirckman wrote:

jesusluvspegging wrote:

I think I have an account, but I only use it to look at other people's pages, and not that often.

There should be some sort of "man law" that once you've turned the big two-five, you no longer spend time on MySpace or Facebook.  (Another "man law" would be once you've turned 25, you no longer look at or listen to anything hosted by Ryan Secrest.)

#21 2008-08-29 02:30:45

AladdinSane wrote:

There should be some sort of "man law" that once you've turned the big two-five, you no longer spend time on MySpace or Facebook.  (Another "man law" would be once you've turned 25, you no longer look at or listen to anything hosted by Ryan Secrest.)

Well, lookit that. I only had to wait for you to come back to confirm my 25+ manliness. I still reserve the right to put a lime in my Corona.

#22 2008-08-29 03:29:10

AladdinSane wrote:

I've never quite understood the venom the left has for Fox News Channel

Extremists hate those they disagree with.  Folks on the far Left see FNC as representing the Right so they hate them.  The two reason folks on the  Right aren't as venomous toward other mainstream media outlets is 1) the press is generally not as strongly to the Left as FNC is to the Right and 2) folks on the Right don't tend to be counter-culture ass-holes who don't value civility.

Compared to the mainstream here I'm on the Right.  Just the same it's pretty obvious to me from watching FNC that they have a strong bias.  That isn't to say they you don't get informed by watching them (as if anyone can really be well informed just from broadcast news).  But they clearly have a bias toward the right.   

Let's accept the left's assumption that FNC is biased toward the right.  Now let's also accept the right's assumption that large media (CBS, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, PBS, NPR, New York Times) is biased towards the left.

They certainly all have a left bias - it just isn't as obvious as FNC's bias toward the right.  That's because while the examples from the left are biased because of their underlying beliefs, FNC is biased toward the right strictly for marketing purposes.   When you are selling a product you don't try to be so subtle.  Mind you, all news outlets are selling a product but the political bias of FNC is driven by marketing strategy alone so it comes through more clearly.  It doesn't accidentally seep in.  It's there to cater to a market.

Last edited by Zookeeper (2008-08-29 03:35:39)

#23 2008-08-29 13:18:56

http://www.portfolio.com/views/blogs/mi … l-fox-news

"First off, Fox isn't rooted in conservative politics so much as it's rooted in a certain sensibility: populist, patriotic, anti-elitist, loud, fast, aggressive. The politics are a corollary of the sensibility more than the other way around. Everything Fox does is informed by this sensibility; it's why Fox & Friends feels so of a piece with Hannity & Colmes, and why the network is able to vamp so comfortably during lulls in the political news cycle with culture-war and celebrity stories.

Moreover -- and this is key -- everything on Fox is subordinate to this sensibility. If Bill O'Reilly were to go off the reservation, Roger Ailes would just dump him and make a new O'Reilly from scratch."

#24 2008-08-29 17:41:41

http://shamshield.com/fox.png

Board footer

cruelery.com