#51 2008-10-23 20:06:31

headkicker_girl wrote:

ove is the truth.  This article explains why he's not a plumber and that he has tax liens.

These are not "accusations"'; they are facts.

Like I said, you strike me as reasonably intelligent, but why are you defending this guy?  He had an agenda, and Obama politely answered his question.  He was not who he claimed to be.  That should be the end of it.

You make this so easy sometimes I wonder if you are a plant by the right to make other liberals look so stupid.

You don't have to have a Plumbers contractors license to be a "plumber". Many "plumbers" don't have said license because they work for plumber contractors.

I was a carpenter for 8 months, once. I was self-employed, considered a "contractor". I had NO CONTRACTORS LICENSE (because there was no need to have one as my partner did) and did carpentry every day for 8 months and made quite a good living at it. I can build your kitchen, even your staircase for you. I make make helly-furniture, especially custom entertainment centers. Guess what, I filed taxes as a carpenter. Got paid for ONLY doing carpentry. No license.

Joe is a plumber. For the news to insinuate he is not is dishonest.

Of course, being an attorney you knew all this and were just testing us, I'm sure.

#52 2008-10-23 22:11:38

tojo2000 wrote:

phreddy wrote:

Are you kidding?  The guy has been hammered and slandered in every way possible.  All because he had the audacity to ask the "Messiah" a tough question when the "Messiah" approached him on his own street.

No, I'm not kidding.  McCain decided to make him the centerpiece of his campaign and so the media hounded him and dug up as much information as they could find.  That a lot of it wasn't particularly flattering doesn't make it slander.  Do you actually have something specific you're thinking of, or is this just another one of your kneejerk opinions that you read somewhere?

The Obama campaign made no slanders against joe nor did they do the public digging in the 5 days since he spoke with Obama. The campaign only spoke to the issue raised and invoked joe as a personel ancedote.

But here is a serious question for you phred. At what point does just a guy on the street become a public person?

Within 24 hours of his Sunday interaction with Obama, Joe began negotiations with Fox news for exclusive studio appearences.  On Thursday I heard Gov. Huckabee explaining how he had rushed to secure Joe's first talk show appearence 2 days before the debate. While good old Joe was a good sport and willing to speak to the press who were at his house, he restricted his on show appearence exclusively to a series of Fox news talk shows who are specifically acting as  attack vehicles against Obama. Huckabee, Hannity, etc.

Joe has every right to do so.  And I hope he realised what his worth is to the right wing media is when he negotiated his appearences.  He wasn't just invoked by McCain at the Wednesday debate and thrust into media relevence. Days before he had made a decision to take a very active role in inserting himself into the most public of spheres.

#53 2008-10-23 22:18:28

ptah13 wrote:

headkicker_girl wrote:

ove is the truth.  This article explains why he's not a plumber and that he has tax liens.

These are not "accusations"'; they are facts.

Like I said, you strike me as reasonably intelligent, but why are you defending this guy?  He had an agenda, and Obama politely answered his question.  He was not who he claimed to be.  That should be the end of it.

You make this so easy sometimes I wonder if you are a plant by the right to make other liberals look so stupid.

You don't have to have a Plumbers contractors license to be a "plumber". Many "plumbers" don't have said license because they work for plumber contractors.

I was a carpenter for 8 months, once. I was self-employed, considered a "contractor". I had NO CONTRACTORS LICENSE (because there was no need to have one as my partner did) and did carpentry every day for 8 months and made quite a good living at it. I can build your kitchen, even your staircase for you. I make make helly-furniture, especially custom entertainment centers. Guess what, I filed taxes as a carpenter. Got paid for ONLY doing carpentry. No license.

Of course, being an attorney you knew all this and were just testing us, I'm sure.

The article was very clear about what he could and could not do.  Would I hire someone without a license?  Hell no.  I don't do handy men.  You have to be licensed and bonded.  Do I checK?  Absolutely, because when people fuck up and you try to sue them, you ain't getting shit from an handyman.

Now I don't doubt your skills, but Joe was intentionally disingenuous.  He ain't opening his own business any time soon.

#54 2008-10-23 22:24:24

ptah13 wrote:

As far as the media is concerned, the fix is in.

Um, so according to the MAJORITY OF AMERICAN VOTERS, the "fix" is in.

#55 2008-10-23 22:48:34

ptah13 wrote:

The unfortunate fact for Joe is that in HIS state of residence you are required to have a plumbers license to call yourself a plumber, otherwise you are not a plumber.

I really enjoy the constant concept that the news agencies are not concerned with trying to make a profit, they really want to push an agenda.  Frankly, they'd be happy to go broke watch their children starve than to report the truth.  Of course the liberals chirp the same nonsense when they are losing, as you flip between radio stations (as my commute gives me time to do) you get to enjoy the same lament about bias from both sides.  I will say this when it comes to bias, there are 8 conservative radio stations in the greater LA area, one moderate, and one progressive.

Ptah - give me you're locale and we'll just go look up which way the bias bends in your area.

Me, I'll just stick with odds makers (if you can get any to take your money on an Obama to win bet)
Joe deserves what he got, most of us know better.

#56 2008-10-23 23:14:57

headkicker_girl wrote:

ptah13 wrote:

The article was very clear about what he could and could not do.  Would I hire someone without a license?  Hell no.  I don't do handy men.  You have to be licensed and bonded.  Do I checK?  Absolutely, because when people fuck up and you try to sue them, you ain't getting shit from an handyman.

Now I don't doubt your skills, but Joe was intentionally disingenuous.  He ain't opening his own business any time soon.

licensing rules vary state to state and sometimes county to county. Heck I had a contarctor's license in MA in the 1980s. So did every college kid who could swing a hammer. They cost 400 smackers or so. When I rewired my property in the west I had to be a bit more careful. In one state you could do the work as an employee of a llicensee, but the building codes for the county were specifically written that your permit could not be approved unless a licensed contractor did the work. And the building inspectors checked that there was contractor hired on site.

[Mr. Wurzelbacher] said it’s his understanding he can work under Mr. Newell’s license as long as the licensed contractor works on the same site.

Mr. Wurzelbacher’s notoriety has raised the ire of Tom Joseph, business manager for Local 50 of the United Association of Plumbers, Steamfitters, and Service Mechanics, who claimed that Mr. Wurzelbacher didn’t undergo any apprenticeship training.

I don't know all Ohio's details but building codes personel in one of the several juridsdictions where Joe's company does business has said unlicensed employees can not do the work in their city.

In addition the union says that he has not completed the steps to be considered an apprentence.

Now Joe may very well be a good plumber. In Ohio following the apprenticeship path he initially signed up for is not the only way of becomming legal and legit. On Hannity, Joe said that he is thinking of just bypassing all that and taking the test for a master plumber license. I do not know if Ohio requires you to be an approved apprentice to meet that license's requirements for on job experience.

#57 2008-10-23 23:28:02

"was a carpenter for 8 months, once. I was self-employed, considered a "contractor". I had NO CONTRACTORS LICENSE (because there was no need to have one as my partner did) and did carpentry every day for 8 months and made quite a good living at it. I can build your kitchen, even your staircase for you. I make make helly-furniture, especially custom entertainment centers. Guess what, I filed taxes as a carpenter. Got paid for ONLY doing carpentry. No license."

SCAB.

#58 2008-10-23 23:41:08

Emmeran wrote:

Ptah - give me you're locale and we'll just go look up which way the bias bends in your area.

Heh.

Emmeran wrote:

Me, I'll just stick with odds makers (if you can get any to take your money on an Obama to win bet)

Screw those shyster bookies and their offshore scams. I put my trust in the American free markets. Where is that link to that trading exchange where you can buy and sell futures on the outcome of current events.

Emmeran wrote:

Joe deserves what he got, most of us know better.

Like I said, I just hope that in billion dollar presidentail campaigns, Joe fully realizes his value. Just this past week he could easily be making enough to put hinself well into  Obama's > 250k/year tax bracket.

And lest you think I am being disingenuous, I am not. Everyone else in the pundit business is making millions this year. Joe could very well make enough in 1 month to buy and outfit any plumbing business he dreams of let alone pay off any fines his boss may incur for opening himself up and becoming a public figure. I hope he succedes in getting a piece of this great American pie.

#59 2008-10-23 23:47:40

Dmtdust wrote:

"was a carpenter for 8 months, once. I was self-employed, considered a "contractor". I had NO CONTRACTORS LICENSE (because there was no need to have one as my partner did) and did carpentry every day for 8 months and made quite a good living at it. I can build your kitchen, even your staircase for you. I make make helly-furniture, especially custom entertainment centers. Guess what, I filed taxes as a carpenter. Got paid for ONLY doing carpentry. No license."

SCAB.

Not necessarily. Going self employed when you were really an employee was just a common trick of tax cheats back then. During the Clinton Admin the IRS finally made goodon its threats. Changing the rules and its enforcement program to shut that activity down.

Last edited by Johnny_Rotten (2008-10-24 00:01:11)

#60 2008-10-23 23:56:44

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

Screw those shyster bookies and their offshore scams. I put my trust in the American free markets.

I think this is the link you seek.

Good luck with those free markets and I've got about $85mm worth of bonds I'd love to sell you.

Quick joke:

Q: What do George Bush and Hugo Chavez have in common?
A: They both socialized their countries banking system.

#61 2008-10-24 00:31:00

badperson wrote:

phreddy wrote:

ptah13 wrote:

I'm sorry, but I didn't see it on the news so I doubt this ever happened.

These sheeple are just trying to gain sympathy for McCain.

Drudge just posted her picture.  I think it happened.

http://www.drudgereport.com/cut.jpg

Reminds me of when Morton Downey Jr. forgot which way the swastika was supposed to go when he claimed he was attacked by neo-nazis.

She has a blog and twitter!

Ashley-Todd

Life in the Field is a group blog starring the 50 College Republican field representatives and you.  And she is a young republican contract employee for the McCain campaign who has spent months on the campaign trail and recieved traing by McCain's campaign early this summer in DC.

Even some on the right wing are having their reservations.

Why that McCain volunteer's "mutilation" story smells awfully weird
By Michelle Malkin  •  October 23, 2008 06:43 PM

Although don't be surprised if there is nothing at that link anymore, they are little jumpy about having any doubts.

Edited: Earlier notes of skepticism deleted for three reasons:

1, doubts are mostly gone now that I see the picture.

2, the police will do their jobs, and it's unfair to speculate about the victim of a crime.

3, if my quotoes remain, CNN will quote me when they say "Even conservatives smell a hoax..." CNN only quotes conservative blogs when they make points helpful to the liberal cause. I've been quoted there three times and it's always been to attack Republicans. They've never once found me quite so interesting when I'm, say, noting Barack Obama's unprecedented voter and donor fraud.

Last edited by Johnny_Rotten (2008-10-24 00:31:55)

#62 2008-10-24 00:46:43

Emmeran wrote:

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

Screw those shyster bookies and their offshore scams. I put my trust in the American free markets.

I think this is the link you seek.

Good luck with those free markets and I've got about $85mm worth of bonds I'd love to sell you.

Quick joke:

Q: What do George Bush and Hugo Chavez have in common?
A: They both socialized their countries banking system.

You forgot: They're both blowhards.

#63 2008-10-24 01:33:38

As I said last Friday (eloquently, I might add), this election has turned me into a "raging apathetic"...

There was an article in the latest Newsweek where one man described the choice of Obama and McCain as a choice between "a turd sandwich and a douchebag"...I wonder which is which?

I actually do fear for the republic, no matter who wins.

Last edited by AladdinSane (2008-10-24 01:36:18)

#64 2008-10-24 02:54:46

ptah13 wrote:

By Saturday there will be stories about how this woman once slept with her best friends boyfriend, how her mom is an alcoholic and how she has shoddy performance at work. Folks will come out in droves claiming to know her and know she is a compulsive liar.

Oh Ashley, say it ain't so.

"Lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her cloths off, but its better if you do."

Female
23 years old
College Station, Texas
United States

Last Login: 10/17/2008

Last edited by Johnny_Rotten (2008-10-24 03:18:52)

#65 2008-10-24 03:06:33

Uhhh

"The initial report would lead us to believe it was a street robbery," said Zone 5 police Cmdr. Larry Ross.

Zone 5 detectives were handling the case initially, but it was turned over to the robbery squad last night after the case made national headlines.

"Nowhere did she say to the officer that [the assailant] made reference to the bumper sticker. I don't know how she came to the conclusion that he noticed the sticker. Our detectives will spend more time and get a more in-depth report," Cmdr. Ross said.

Ummmm

Police planned to administer a polygraph test to Ashley Todd, 20, because her statements about the attack conflict with evidence from the Citizens Bank ATM where she claims the incident occurred, police said....

Todd told police she handed the man $60 she had in her pocket and stepped away from him. The man then noticed the bumper sticker on her car, which was parked in front of the ATM, and became angry, she told police.

He made comments to Todd about Republican presidential candidate John McCain and punched her in the back of the head, knocking her to the ground, police said Todd told them.

"He continued to kick and punch her repeatedly and said he would teach her a lesson for supporting John McCain," said police Chief Nate Harper.

The man scratched a backward "B" onto Todd's right cheek, she told police

Last edited by Johnny_Rotten (2008-10-24 03:08:42)

#66 2008-10-24 03:07:47

ptah13 wrote:

tojo2000 wrote:

No, you just don't know how to read.  The polls in which Obama is up by double digits are state polls in Ohio and Pennsylvania, not countrywide votes.

Excuse me?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_usa_polit … XHAygDW7oF

Here is the first lines of the story, in Yahoo news "headlines" all day, titled "Obama lead on McCain grows to 12 points".

Here is the first few lines, show me where it says "ohio" or "pennsylvania":

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Democrat Barack Obama's lead over Republican rival John McCain has grown to 12 points in the U.S. presidential race, with crucial independent and women voters increasingly moving to his side, according to a Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby poll released on Thursday.

With less than two weeks before the November 4 election, Obama leads McCain 52 percent to 40 percent among likely voters in the latest three-day tracking poll, which had a margin of error of 2.9 points.

Obama has made steady gains over the last four days and has tripled his lead on McCain in the past week of polling.

Hmm, seems it is  you, tool, who cannot read.

(yeah, you just got owned by Ptah, everyone saw it, too! hehehe, almost as bad as getting banned from here... hehehehe)

I stand corrected.  Unfortunately for you, I was assuming the most flattering possibility.  There have been three major polls that came out today, two of which said essentially the same thing (double digit lead for Obama) that were in line with the current trends, and one which was an obvious outlier that still showed Obama ahead, but put the race very close.  Your response was to accuse the  media of bias because they didn't choose the one poll that seemed contradictory.  Yes, my quick research failed me, but I'd rather be wrong about what polls came out today than someone who has drunk so much of the McCain golden shower that he sees that most of the country has concluded that Obama would make a better leader and assumes, contrary to all evidence, that the only explanation is that the media is twisting the facts.

That being said, I will now go scuttle to a corner for having opened my big fat mouth too soon.

#67 2008-10-24 03:09:42

Johnny_Rotten wrote:

Uhhh

"The initial report would lead us to believe it was a street robbery," said Zone 5 police Cmdr. Larry Ross.

Zone 5 detectives were handling the case initially, but it was turned over to the robbery squad last night after the case made national headlines.

"Nowhere did she say to the officer that [the assailant] made reference to the bumper sticker. I don't know how she came to the conclusion that he noticed the sticker. Our detectives will spend more time and get a more in-depth report," Cmdr. Ross said.

Ummmm

Police planned to administer a polygraph test to Ashley Todd, 20, because her statements about the attack conflict with evidence from the Citizens Bank ATM where she claims the incident occurred, police said....

Todd told police she handed the man $60 she had in her pocket and stepped away from him. The man then noticed the bumper sticker on her car, which was parked in front of the ATM, and became angry, she told police.

He made comments to Todd about Republican presidential candidate John McCain and punched her in the back of the head, knocking her to the ground, police said Todd told them.

"He continued to kick and punch her repeatedly and said he would teach her a lesson for supporting John McCain," said police Chief Nate Harper.

The man scratched a backward "B" onto Todd's right cheek, she told police

Why do I get the feeling that the "B" is backwards because the moron did it in the mirror?

#68 2008-10-24 03:29:36

tojo2000 wrote:

Why do I get the feeling that the "B" is backwards because the moron did it in the mirror?

In a way  being that stupid would be even more embarrassing for the republicans then perpetuating the fraud. Although the big black Obama crazed boogieman is a nice touch. Even Joe the plumber didn't get immediate heartfelt personal phone calls from both McCain and Palin. Heck, her parents got calls from the candidates themselves.

#69 2008-10-24 03:52:02

tojo2000 wrote:

I stand corrected.  Unfortunately for you, I was assuming the most flattering possibility.  There have been three major polls that came out today, two of which said essentially the same thing (double digit lead for Obama) that were in line with the current trends, and one which was an obvious outlier that still showed Obama ahead, but put the race very close.  Your response was to accuse the  media of bias because they didn't choose the one poll that seemed contradictory.  Yes, my quick research failed me, but I'd rather be wrong about what polls came out today than someone who has drunk so much of the McCain golden shower that he sees that most of the country has concluded that Obama would make a better leader and assumes, contrary to all evidence, that the only explanation is that the media is twisting the facts.

That being said, I will now go scuttle to a corner for having opened my big fat mouth too soon.

You will have to forgive Ptah it is not really his fault,

On Monday Fox news deployed a new stategy where they have instructed all their anchors and paid pundits to just flat out obfuscate and even drop in a denial or two, that Obama is leading in the polls.

Karl Rove, being the respected rational bastion of reality of course does not have to operate under these dictates and does not deny the numbers. He was on Fox tonight with his karlrove.com poll maps explaining how the 3 day tracking polls trends were showing that Obama was going to lose his lead.

Last edited by Johnny_Rotten (2008-10-24 04:16:53)

#70 2008-10-24 12:37:39

phreddy wrote:

At least they're up front about their beliefs, unlike your "nonviolent Obama supporters" who held down a 20 year old McCain supporter and carved on her face, or those brave Obamanaics who shot up this guy's house for having McCain signs in his yard.  These are apparently witty expressions of free speech.

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/10/23/wh … lly-weird/

#71 2008-10-24 13:57:53

Dmtdust wrote:

phreddy wrote:

At least they're up front about their beliefs, unlike your "nonviolent Obama supporters" who held down a 20 year old McCain supporter and carved on her face, or those brave Obamanaics who shot up this guy's house for having McCain signs in his yard.  These are apparently witty expressions of free speech.

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/10/23/wh … lly-weird/

Now you KNOW it's a hoax.

#73 2008-10-24 14:21:24

Is this thread folding back on itself?  Is it a hat-within-a-hat?  A hall of mirrors?

#74 2008-10-24 14:55:02

More evidence of media collusion to hide the good McCain numbers.  Everyone agrees so obviously they're lying:

https://cruelery.com/uploads/6_media_bias.png

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

Last edited by tojo2000 (2008-10-24 14:55:32)

Board footer

cruelery.com